Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon Redhead.........

+14
Redditch_Reject
Mr Bonehead
lewism5964
redditch born
nevergreen
Mrs Moor
batchleybryan
rawlings09
in2thevalley
SID SNOT
Trigger15
JBS
Leethall
Bob Marley
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Simon Redhead......... Empty Simon Redhead.........

Post  Bob Marley Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 am

So Simon is back.

A little disappointed I must say. Crying or Very sad

I can not see this appointment stirring any interest in the Redditch public.
I hope his winning team will do that.

Delighted to see Asa back at the Reds....one of the good guys.

Still feel a bit shallow but he is the manager of RUFC so will receive my full support.

Simon Redheads red & white army!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Simon Redhead......... Empty Re: Simon Redhead.........

Post  Bob Marley Fri May 11, 2012 3:53 am

Oh and glad to see Curly Watts on his bike.
Maybe the mole finally got sussed out... Mad
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri May 11, 2012 3:56 am

Interesting. Redders back is a surprise move, Asa back as assistant and plugging the issue at left back is a top signing IMO. He should also provide some expertise on players we need at this level.

Will be interesting which players will stay from last season, we really need to keep Grimes & Hickman but I would not be surprised if these 2 players end up elsewhere
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Fri May 11, 2012 5:28 am

Redhead should have been kept on 12 months ago and be given the chance so I'm delighted for him.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger15 Fri May 11, 2012 5:43 am

Very Low Key appointment IMO but that might just work out.

Very Happy with Asa although having watched him at Leamington a few times this season he is not the player he once was.

Will be interesting to see what players Redhead brings with him as he says on the Official site he has spent the last year scouting for various teams. Is that at MFA level or Southern Premier ????

Anyway onwards and upwards GOOD LUCK LADS !!!

Trigger15
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 am

Trigger15 wrote:Very Low Key appointment IMO but that might just work out.

Very Happy with Asa although having watched him at Leamington a few times this season he is not the player he once was.

Will be interesting to see what players Redhead brings with him as he says on the Official site he has spent the last year scouting for various teams. Is that at MFA level or Southern Premier ????

Anyway onwards and upwards GOOD LUCK LADS !!!

No Redditch & South Warwickshire Sunday League Very Happy

Paul Smith to come back as coach???!!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Fri May 11, 2012 7:07 am

What an absolute joke. Mr Swan banging on about the huge interest shown in this 'high profile' job and that he will be interviewing 12 candidates and then he picks up the phone and offers it to Redhead. The 'blend' of a guy who has only ever been a joint manager in the Alliance and regardless of circumstances failed to win a game last time around and a player coach who was passed it on the pitch two years ago does not excite me in the slightest. Who on earth is advising Mr Swan of these appalling football decisions? Would he appoint a Finance Director to one of his companies, without the relevant experience and qualifications? There were some very good candidates out there this time around and this seems like a rushed appointment which has been done on the cheap.
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 am

I am delighted that Simon has been given the chance to show us what he can do with a team and a budget.

What he did when the budget was cut and Gards and Snapper left was amazing, Ok, critics will say that we

didnt win a game but, we had'nt won that many when we had one either, and remember the 9-0 drubbing by

Boston? We were in a league which we shouldn't have been in (only there by default and it showed).

I think the appointment is a good one and with Asa coming back, the signs are encouraging..

But as usual there will be many who will derogate and vilipend the decision.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri May 11, 2012 9:29 am

SID SNOT wrote:What an absolute joke. Mr Swan banging on about the huge interest shown in this 'high profile' job and that he will be interviewing 12 candidates and then he picks up the phone and offers it to Redhead. The 'blend' of a guy who has only ever been a joint manager in the Alliance and regardless of circumstances failed to win a game last time around and a player coach who was passed it on the pitch two years ago does not excite me in the slightest. Who on earth is advising Mr Swan of these appalling football decisions? Would he appoint a Finance Director to one of his companies, without the relevant experience and qualifications? There were some very good candidates out there this time around and this seems like a rushed appointment which has been done on the cheap.

Arsene Wenger could have been appointed and it wouldn't have excited you! You're always one of the ones to criticise anything the club does, no matter what it is, You and Mrs Moor would make a great couple! Banana sex
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  batchleybryan Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 am

I am new the valley and have been keeping an eye on the club the last month since Hendrie signed, who is the new manager ?? what are his creditials, (think I can remember playing pub football against him) ??

batchleybryan
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 am

Trigger15 wrote:Will be interesting to see what players Redhead brings with him as he says on the Official site he has spent the last year scouting for various teams. Is that at MFA level or Southern Premier ????

More Swan gibberish taking the fans for mugs, Redhead spent the last three months playing for Bartley Green in the MFC Premier.

I love you

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri May 11, 2012 11:21 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Trigger15 wrote:Will be interesting to see what players Redhead brings with him as he says on the Official site he has spent the last year scouting for various teams. Is that at MFA level or Southern Premier ????

More Swan gibberish taking the fans for mugs, Redhead spent the last three months playing for Bartley Green in the MFC Premier.

I love you

And??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri May 11, 2012 11:24 am

in2thevalley wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:

I love you

And??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I asked you previously but you have evidently eluded to it ............................... speak to Chris in person. WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID ? THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri May 11, 2012 11:39 am

Nice to see Asa involved, keep the fans onside, hope he brings his passion shown on the pitch into the dressing room.

Seems a strange turn of events with the reaction of Redhead to his 'letting go' previously. It's a funny old game

nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 am

rawlings09 wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:What an absolute joke. Mr Swan banging on about the huge interest shown in this 'high profile' job and that he will be interviewing 12 candidates and then he picks up the phone and offers it to Redhead. The 'blend' of a guy who has only ever been a joint manager in the Alliance and regardless of circumstances failed to win a game last time around and a player coach who was passed it on the pitch two years ago does not excite me in the slightest. Who on earth is advising Mr Swan of these appalling football decisions? Would he appoint a Finance Director to one of his companies, without the relevant experience and qualifications? There were some very good candidates out there this time around and this seems like a rushed appointment which has been done on the cheap.

Arsene Wenger could have been appointed and it wouldn't have excited you! You're always one of the ones to criticise anything the club does, no matter what it is, You and Mrs Moor would make a great couple! Simon Redhead......... 371875

Rawlings 09 is spot on! You two are so negative its unbelievable!!!!. Why can't you embrace the idea that Redditch could be moving forward.......... or are you only happy when you have something to lamet about???
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Fri May 11, 2012 12:15 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

Arsene Wenger could have been appointed and it wouldn't have excited you! You're always one of the ones to criticise anything the club does, no matter what it is, You and Mrs Moor would make a great couple! Simon Redhead......... 371875

Rawlings 09 is spot on! You two are so negative its unbelievable!!!!. Why can't you embrace the idea that Redditch could be moving forward.......... or are you only happy when you have something to lamet about???

Says who you???
I for one are happy to see Redhead given another chance IMO under the constraints he had last time round he deserves another chance.

Still can't believe the idiot posters on this forum! If its not what they want to hear they try to belittle the member' and that's out of order!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Fri May 11, 2012 12:17 pm

I am happy to see Redhead given a chance. When he left before I wasn't that bothered but after the mess with Sockett it is obvious we should of at least given him a chance. I hope he can do well and it is great to see Asa back down the Valley Very Happy
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I think he deserves another chance as I believe he did a reasonable job last time. Trying to build a team with a zero budget in the Conf North was always going to be an impossible job but at least his team showed passion and spirit. I thought he was unlucky to be shown the door and a little surprised they have obviously put that behind them. Also nice to see Asa back at the club.

Whether this turns out to be a good appointment only time will tell but he should have the support and good wishes of us all.

Blimey, that's got to be the most positive thing I've posted in a long time. I need a lie down!!

Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

This is the man that first brought Dean Coleman and Alex Hickman to the club. I know Dean can be inconsitent, on a whole, he has had a good season. He also kept Tommy Warmer without a budget, that shows he must have what it takes to inspire a team to stay.

Just heard Walsall have let Connor Deards go aswell, surley he would be the best player to fill the impending space that is going to be left by Stuart Hendrie.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Not sure how I feel about this appointment as yet.

He did deserve a longer spell after the performances we witnessed during the 'zero budget' period, and will be interesting to see what he can muster up for the new season given a budget to work to.

That said it may just be a case of same team, different manager. This wouldn't exactly be a bad thing considering some of the recent performances, which showed that we weren't far off finding a firm foot hold in this league.

He gets my full support just as anyone else would. (As long as he leaves himself off the teamsheet) Laughing

Be great to see Asa back at the Valley too, a real top lad.

I've heard Hickman has put pen to paper today which is brilliant news, and hopefully a few more to follow (Stuart Hendrie also a strong possibility).

So welcome back Mr Redhead & Mr Charlton, and good luck in your new roles Beer Cheers

Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Fri May 11, 2012 2:15 pm

batchleybryan wrote:I am new the valley and have been keeping an eye on the club the last month since Hendrie signed, who is the new manager ?? what are his creditials, (think I can remember playing pub football against him) ??

Welcome to the madhouse Bryan!

Nice to see some new posters on here, I hope this means we can start getting a few more through the gates next season. The last few games had some decent crowds and good atmosphere as well.

Simon Redhead was manager towards the end of the season before the one just finished when the club had to cut the playing budget to zero due to major financial problems. In other words, we were going bust.

In my opinion he did a fantastic job in near impossible circumstances and should have been given the opportunity to continue but for some reason it didn't happen, so I reckon we are now doing what we should have done 12 months ago. I wish him all the best and I also think it's great to see Asa back.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Keeping it as positive as I can, Im very pleased for Simon.
I think he is a very positive person and hard working.
I hope he does well.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat May 12, 2012 3:37 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:Keeping it as positive as I can, Im very pleased for Simon.
I think he is a very positive person and hard working.
I hope he does well.

Are you his new coach Rowly that has not been announced?!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 am

lol Leethall, maybe coach driver!!! lol
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 am

Don't forget to load the drum!!!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next