Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Kettering To Southern League Premier

+7
Bob Marley
mattim
Trigger15
del boy
Redditch_Reject
lewism5964
Leethall
11 posters

Go down

Welcome Kettering To Southern League Premier Empty Welcome Kettering To Southern League Premier

Post  Leethall Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 pm

KTFC to enter CVA. And go into Southern League Premier. Debts of 1.2 million. Directors to write off loans so 400,000 is the figure
CVA over three years. KTFC can be promoted if they win Southern League Premier. But will start with 10 point deduction
Rolls wants to launch promotion campaign next season. Confirms Imraan Ladak no longer involved.

Shares issue is 'very complex'. But Ladak 'cannot return'. Playing budget wont alter. Same as it would have been in North. Still full time

Office space has been rented out at Nene Park to bring in funds. Admission next season £12 adults £10 concessions
Rolls: "I will bring this club back to the Conference Premier" manager to be appointed end of this week or beginning of next.

7th of June is date Cva should be passed. Rolls: "we have to live within our means" Budget next season will be £20,000 a month

Landlords could kick club out of NP for going into insolvency but Rolls says landlords have been "okay about the situation"
Twitter for Android • 5/23/12 8:05 PM

Likely to be paying 10p in the pound to creditors. Doesnt seem to be a lot of surprise in the room at this bombshell

question from the floor. Why are you staying to help. Rolls: i love football and i have points to prove in the game.

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Welcome Kettering To Southern League Premier Empty Re: Welcome Kettering To Southern League Premier

Post  lewism5964 Wed May 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Shows us playing the sustainability card is the right way to go.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Welcome Kettering To Southern League Premier Empty Re: Welcome Kettering To Southern League Premier

Post  Redditch_Reject Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Will Totton go up aswell then?
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed May 23, 2012 2:13 pm

The Southern League Premier is a joke. It’s become a dumping ground for Conference clubs who mismanage their finances, but are spared a just punishment. Recent history in this league has shown that cheats do prosper.

The rules have changed so that reformed clubs should have to start at level 5. This CVA agreement is bollocks, and has bypassed what should be a sensible punishment for a financially mismanaged football club.

If I was a creditor (not that I’d be stupid enough to give credit to a football club), if offered 10p in the £1, I’d like to think that I’d politely tell them to go f**k themselves.

I’d have respect for Kettering if, in this situation, they reigned in their spending, cut their cloth accordingly, and shared the pain of others. But to pay the same wage and stay full time in this situation, is sticking two fingers up at the creditors who have been backed into a corner.

I hope they go.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed May 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Redditch_Reject wrote:Will Totton go up aswell then?

No Maidenhead will be saved from BSS
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger15 Thu May 24, 2012 3:26 am

This stinks it really does.

So there will be a team in our league that are openly paying £5k a week. How is this fair to clubs that do things right? Basically what it means is there is only really the lottery of the play offs to aim for for any other club in this league. And it puts any plans for a club wanting out of the league potentially a year behind due to circumstances beyond its control.

Its not just happening in the southern league though both Darlington and Northwich are being dumped into the northern league.

Why cant the leagues get a vote from member clubs or at the very least offer an extra automatic promotion place?

NOT HAPPY

Trigger15
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu May 24, 2012 12:54 pm

I wouldn't waste your breath moaning about it as until the FA sort this out at all levels of football it will continue to happen.

Kettering will be there to be shot at, it does not matter sometimes how much you are paying out. Brackley have been reportedly paying out more than this over the years and it has taken them 4 or so years to get out of this division.

Leamongton have signed Dean Perrow from Chasetown. There is not a stand out team for me this season, there will be a few surprises and I think Bideford and St Neots will be in the mix
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Fri May 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Kettering being in our league is good news for us, so is having St Neots. Both of them should bring a decent following, especially if they are doing well. We've lost Brackley, Oxford, Cirencester,Evesham and Swindon who all have (no disrespect intended to these clubs), absolute crap away support.

However, I do completely agree with Trigger, the whole thing stinks. Kettering are going to pay 10p in the pound to their creditors but will still carry on with the 5k weekly wage bill, FFS they should be forced to stop playing the players and pay the bl***y debts the cheating sods. When will the Fat Arseholes, sorry, FA, get a grip on clubs doing this kind of thing ?

We did it the right way. Players played for nothing, debts were paid. I am extremely proud of the way we managed things that last season in the BSN and judging from the comments on various non league forums we gained a lot of respect for doing it but you sometimes feel why bother, it doesn't exactly feel like a level playing field at the moment does it ?

Rant over, I think I'll just go and lie down for a moment, must be the hot weather !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri May 25, 2012 2:52 pm

mattim wrote:Kettering being in our league is good news for us, so is having St Neots. Both of them should bring a decent following, especially if they are doing well. We've lost Brackley, Oxford, Cirencester,Evesham and Swindon who all have (no disrespect intended to these clubs), absolute crap away support.

However, I do completely agree with Trigger, the whole thing stinks. Kettering are going to pay 10p in the pound to their creditors but will still carry on with the 5k weekly wage bill, FFS they should be forced to stop playing the players and pay the bl***y debts the cheating sods. When will the Fat Arseholes, sorry, FA, get a grip on clubs doing this kind of thing ?

We did it the right way. Players played for nothing, debts were paid. I am extremely proud of the way we managed things that last season in the BSN and judging from the comments on various non league forums we gained a lot of respect for doing it but you sometimes feel why bother, it doesn't exactly feel like a level playing field at the moment does it ?

Rant over, I think I'll just go and lie down for a moment, must be the hot weather !

Yes...but our day in the sunshine will come...one day....and the satisfaction will be unrivalled.

Up the Reds
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri May 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
mattim wrote:Kettering being in our league is good news for us, so is having St Neots. Both of them should bring a decent following, especially if they are doing well. We've lost Brackley, Oxford, Cirencester,Evesham and Swindon who all have (no disrespect intended to these clubs), absolute crap away support.

Yes...but our day in the sunshine will come...one day....and the satisfaction will be unrivalled.

Up the Reds

As much as you say ^ this it nearly happened to our club. Let them do as they please as they are allowed to do so in the rules of the game. Nothing is a level playing field and is no different from what Redditch have done in the past is it?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Fri May 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Kettering, closely followed by St Neots as favourites!!!
We owe Kettering one Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat May 26, 2012 2:47 am

Leethall my rant was aimed at the system that allows this to happen, not really at Kettering. They acted perfectly legally and did what they had to do in order to save their club, and we can certainly sympathise with that (me calling them cheating sods was the beer talking). But it annoys me that we did it the 'right' way, paid our debts, suffered on the pitch, got relegated, lost support etc and it feels like we are the mugs.

Look at who has just been promoted back to the BSP, why, it's Nuneaton Borough - except oh no it isn't, it's Nuneaton Town. You know, that completely new club that has the same ground, the same people in charge, the same supporters etc, except they don't have the same debts. Nuneaton Borough had years of spending money they didn't have, went bust, reformed as Nuneaton Borough, oh sorry, Town and conveniently escaped all that paying money back to people you owe, always such a tiresome thing to do anyway especially when you have a football club to run and players to pay.

Anyway, second rant over !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat May 26, 2012 4:13 am

mattim wrote:Leethall my rant was aimed at the system that allows this to happen, not really at Kettering. They acted perfectly legally and did what they had to do in order to save their club, and we can certainly sympathise with that (me calling them cheating sods was the beer talking). But it annoys me that we did it the 'right' way, paid our debts, suffered on the pitch, got relegated, lost support etc and it feels like we are the mugs.

Look at who has just been promoted back to the BSP, why, it's Nuneaton Borough - except oh no it isn't, it's Nuneaton Town. You know, that completely new club that has the same ground, the same people in charge, the same supporters etc, except they don't have the same debts. Nuneaton Borough had years of spending money they didn't have, went bust, reformed as Nuneaton Borough, oh sorry, Town and conveniently escaped all that paying money back to people you owe, always such a tiresome thing to do anyway especially when you have a football club to run and players to pay.

Anyway, second rant over !

Indeed mate, I don't agree with it but until it changes then it will be allowed to happen. It would be good for a big club to go under, eg Rangers or before that Liverpool should have had the rug pulled from beneath them!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:02 am

Have offerered Warren Byerley £600 a week plus goal scoring bonus! Paying 10p in the pound for their CVA!

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/inde … ;nid=85545

Rolls has been charged with almost 3000 breaches of FA rules governing Misconduct and Betting.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatu … arged.asp
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:22 am

Leethall wrote:Have offerered Warren Byerley £600 a week plus goal scoring bonus! Paying 10p in the pound for their CVA!

Rolls has been charged with almost 3000 breaches of FA rules governing Misconduct and Betting.

What happened to the criteria of being fit to run a club?????? Doesnt that apply anymore scratch
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Leethall wrote:Have offerered Warren Byerley £600 a week plus goal scoring bonus! Paying 10p in the pound for their CVA!

I don't want to rush to judgement, not being in possession of the full facts, but what a f#+-ing douchebag.

I don't want to rush to judgement, not being in possession of the full facts and in advance of the FA hearing, but what a f!"&ing douchebag! Squared!

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:37 pm

ted striker wrote:

I don't want to rush to judgement, not being in possession of the full facts, but what a f#+-ing douchebag.

I don't want to rush to judgement, not being in possession of the full facts and in advance of the FA hearing, but what a f!"&ing douchebag! Squared!

Laughing Indeed, Weymouth have even paid for him to have a knee Op as well at the end of the season!

Kettering are fooked IMO as they are still playing at Nene Park which is hammoraging money out of them. Remember us losing both Big Ex and Dancer to these lot for next to nothing?!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 am

in2thevalley wrote:What happened to the criteria of being fit to run a club?????? Doesnt that apply anymore scratch

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/FARegulations/NewsAndFeatures/2009/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/FAFitProperRegs1011.ashx/FAFitProperRegs1011.pdf

Criteria linked - it applies, and George Rolls meets the criteria.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 am

Leethall wrote:Kettering are fooked IMO as they are still playing at Nene Park which is hammoraging money out of them. Remember us losing both Big Ex and Dancer to these lot for next to nothing?!

Kettering fan on the Non League Forum says that they were losing 40k per month pre-Rolls, now down to 13k - unverified of course, but if that is the case that should be easily rectified.

13 x 12k = 156k per year. Rolls says they will spend 5k per week on wages - dunno whether that will be across 40 or 52 weeks, but say it is 40, that's 200k - Reduce the wage bill to part time, 44k per year, 1,100 across 40 weeks - that may not even be the smallest budget in the league.

If the 5k is over 52 weeks, that would give them 2,600 per week, part time over 40 weeks, enough to get you in the top five when you consider they are a big name and centrally located.

Now the CVA is approved for older debts, there is no excuse according to Rolls' figures for Kettering getting into trouble again.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 am

fingers wrote:
Leethall wrote:Kettering are fooked IMO as they are still playing at Nene Park which is hammoraging money out of them. Remember us losing both Big Ex and Dancer to these lot for next to nothing?!

Kettering fan on the Non League Forum says that they were losing 40k per month pre-Rolls, now down to 13k - unverified of course, but if that is the case that should be easily rectified.

13 x 12k = 156k per year. Rolls says they will spend 5k per week on wages - dunno whether that will be across 40 or 52 weeks, but say it is 40, that's 200k - Reduce the wage bill to part time, 44k per year, 1,100 across 40 weeks - that may not even be the smallest budget in the league.

If the 5k is over 52 weeks, that would give them 2,600 per week, part time over 40 weeks, enough to get you in the top five when you consider they are a big name and centrally located.

Now the CVA is approved for older debts, there is no excuse according to Rolls' figures for Kettering getting into trouble again.

But this is the usual tripe spouted mate by all saviours of clubs! There is talk that John Beck is going to be the new manager, now that will be hoofball deluxe Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:18 am

John Beck appointed on a 2 year contract
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down