Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 1-0 Chasetown

4 posters

Go down

Reds 1-0 Chasetown Empty Reds 1-0 Chasetown

Post  in2thevalley Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Report from Chasetown website..

Redditch United 1 Chasetown 0

Manager Craig Harris got another good look at his squad, ahead of the new season, with a confident performance, against Southern Premier side Redditch United, writes Paul Mullins.

Harris named 7 of the starting eleven that had started the game against Crewe Alexandra on Monday, and the consistent personnel from the opening friendly insured that The Scholars made a positive start, passing the ball quickly and accurately to put their higher league opposition under test.

There were plenty of positives in the opening 45 minutes, with the best chance falling to Monday’s goalscorer Chris Russell, who perhaps should have shot himself, instead teeing up Gary Hay, who fired just over the bar from 12 yards. (Remember those two?)

The hosts had a chance disallowed for offside, but Ryan Price was otherwise rarely troubled, with the centre back pairing of Richard Teesdale and Jon Richardson defending a high line, restricting United.

Just before the break, left back Jon Patrick, advanced into the penalty after a neat one-two, but only a lack of a sweet contact prevented the former Stafford Rangers man adding to his midweek goal after a run out for Chasetown Reserves.

Goalkeeper Lee Evans and Jonathan Gould entered the action at half-time, a huge vote of confidence for Gould after his impressive display against Crewe on Monday.

Redditch took the lead with a goal that The Scholars would have been disappointed with. Matt Johnson sold Lee Evans short with a backpass and the Redditch striker closed in on Evans as he tried to clear, blocking Evans’ clearance and having the easiest of chances to slot home.

The Scholars created plenty of chances however. Andy Westwood curled an effort wide of the post, before Matt Jukes mistimed a header from a Mark Branch cross, putting it wide when he perhaps should’ve hit the target. Tom Worthington (who netted a brace in midweek for the Reserves at Heath Hayes) forced a save from the Redditch Number One as Harris’ men pushed for an equaliser which they would have fully deserved.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Reds 1-0 Chasetown Empty Re: Reds 1-0 Chasetown

Post  del boy Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:29 pm

in2thevalley wrote:

There were plenty of positives in the opening 45 minutes, with the best chance falling to Monday’s goalscorer Chris Russell, who perhaps should have shot himself, instead teeing up Gary Hay, who fired just over the bar from 12 yards. (Remember those two?)

It wasn’t "just over the bar", it was well and truly over the bar…and also well wide of it! It was an absolute sitter! But, I never realised it was Gary Hay! He shouldn’t feel too bad though, it was nowhere near as bad as the Tamworth miss. My Nan in her wheelchair (with a puncture) would have buried that one. The Valley is not a good ground for Gary.

Early days I know, but I’m feeling more positive now than I was at this stage last year. We were fortunate to win, I admit. We did look rather shaky in defence. But going forward, we had some positive, attack minded players. We also had a group of players that genuinely tried to play football in the build up. There were many good ‘long passes’ towards the wings, and the ‘long balls’ were few and far between.

Danksy and the left back stood out for me. No other new players looked out of their depth either. It’s time to learn lots of new names!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Danks was class yesterday and looks like we have a player who will score goals, his touch is absolute class as well.

I was impressed with the style of football played by the Reds. Asa and the No 4 were immense with Qaynor at left back and Bridgewater right back! Cresswell in midfield was good and we had Deards and Danks up front with Leo Brown. The keeper was pretty cock sure of himself which could bite him on the arse!

Impressed really, Hands played well for Chasetown as well.

Must admit Hay's miss was not quite as bad as that one when he played for Redditch!

Oh and the new drive is rather tight as well! DJ on the turnstiles, sad sad first time going since the late Alf Kimberley sadly passed away, RIP mate. Decent crowd as well and good value for a deep sea diver. Credit for the club in handing out fixture cards, brilliant idea.

I see we have a reserve side in the Midland Comb this season as well, anybody know who is managing this team?

For those afro fans him and Tes do not seem to have featured for Evesham in their pre season friendlies. Coleman has and Ozzie has mainly been on the bench. If the latter had seen the style of football yesterday he would be a little miffed at leaving.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Reds 1-0 Chasetown Empty hands

Post  tho101 Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:37 am

If chasetown budget is that much bigger than the reds than ignore this post........... but why is mark hands not playing for redditch???? would be a great signing for the club based on his performance saturday - his local club wher he could walk to training, bot drive over an hour, we would not even have to match his wage based on the amount of money is travel expenses he could save!!!!!!!

tho101
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down