Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solihoof 4 Reddshite 2

5 posters

Go down

Solihoof 4 Reddshite 2 Empty Solihoof 4 Reddshite 2

Post  Leethall Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:01 pm

A nice pleasant sunny day at the Golf Range which resulted in what can purely be described as a drubbing. First half we looked fairly comfortable going forward but horrnedously bad at the back. Cooper in goal was shocking and conceded 2 of the goals at the beginning of the second half when we were already down by 1 goal through a penalty by Bewsick.

The second half was probably one of the poorest 25 mins I have seen from a Redditch side. Kept giving the ball to the Solihoof side and we conceded 3 goals in this period, well 2 because of Taylor. Leo Brown came on and we scored 2 goals late on but the damage had been done.

Personally I hope Redders sticks Jake Bedford in goal as Cooper seems to be to cocksure of himself and looks like a proper flapper at crosses. The defence will look a lot better when Midworth, Hickmann & Qaynor join Asa in the side. McDonald looked decent but wanted to all himself and we need another striker to play with Danksey. If we could sign Stu Hendrie that would provide the balance on the right hand side of midfield. We had a Lee Hendrie lookalike playing yesterday, I don't know his name but he was not very good at being half as good as LH.

Good to see a few of the regulars fans over at the Driving Range.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Solihoof 4 Reddshite 2 Empty Re: Solihoof 4 Reddshite 2

Post  mattim Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:24 pm

If we were without Midworth, Hickman and Quaynor then I wouldn't lose any sleep over that result although it sounds like Cooper needs a kick up the a***.

I agree Stu Hendrie would be a great signing (any news?). Do we need another striker or could we play 4-4-1-1 with Deards (or Wilding) behind Danks in a 'free' role ?

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:29 pm

mattim wrote:If we were without Midworth, Hickman and Quaynor then I wouldn't lose any sleep over that result although it sounds like Cooper needs a kick up the a***.

I agree Stu Hendrie would be a great signing (any news?). Do we need another striker or could we play 4-4-1-1 with Deards (or Wilding) behind Danks in a 'free' role ?

Indeed but we looked a shambles at the back! Players were out there playing for a spot in the 1st XI and I thought the effort was lacking.

Not heard about Stu, but I hope we can get him back. I also think Danks would be suited with a partner up top especially with some of the big hoofball sides in this league. Although Leo Brown did well when he came on mid way through the second half.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 am

From the start many fans thought cooper was a cocky bag of shite, saturday's game confirmed it... didn't catch anything in the air and very poor all round.

We are looking more comfortable on the ball, playing nice passing football but lacking the venom upfront that we get with leo/abu/brown/islam.. not sure of his actual name?

I'll be dissapointed if jake bedford doesn't start for the remainder of these pre-season games!

Things are looking encouraging.

I didn't see leethal! Where were you Suspect
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:18 pm

rawlings09 wrote:From the start many fans thought cooper was a cocky bag of shite, saturday's game confirmed it... didn't catch anything in the air and very poor all round.

We are looking more comfortable on the ball, playing nice passing football but lacking the venom upfront that we get with leo/abu/brown/islam.. not sure of his actual name?

I'll be dissapointed if jake bedford doesn't start for the remainder of these pre-season games!

Things are looking encouraging.

I didn't see leethal! Where were you Suspect

Rawlings, I was stood over the far side of the Driving Range in the 1st half and was with Jeff just past the dog van chatting. We were talking to Jake whilst he was warming up. I didn't pop over as we were chatting non stop about things down the Reds and I had to leave at the final whistle as had to be elsewhere.

Will catch you on Wednesday v Walsall. Hopefully we can see a side that resembles what Redders wants to start the season with.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  solihull red Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 am

Enjoyed the game Solihull were the better team overall but Redditch came away with credit as both teams tried to play football on the floor. (not like last years game)Solihull started well but Redditch never gave up and full credit to both sides.
The second half showed the difference in the class with Solihull increasing the early lead with the two front men leading the way causing problems for the Redditich back line.Redditch came back into the game to make it 4-2 final score..

solihull red
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:03 pm

the final score is somewhat flattering to us, if Solihoof had their shooting boots on then they should and could have been out of sight before half time. However even without recognised defenders, It was still encouraging to see us play some neat football instead of the mundane hoof it and hump mentality and I did see on at least two ocassions the full backs again pulling out wide and recieve the ball from the keeper. Personally I would love to see Jake in goals and be given the chance to show people what a good keeper he is.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down