Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banburys view of the game

+2
Leethall
in2thevalley
6 posters

Go down

Banburys view of the game Empty Banburys view of the game

Post  in2thevalley Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am

Banbury United are still seeking their first win of season after a goalless stalemate against Redditch United at the Spencer Stadium this afternoon.

Banbury United were rather fortunate to come away with a point from today's game against Redditch United at the Spencer Stadium.

There were two changes from the Banbury side that had drawn at Kettering on Saturday. Former Bedworth United goalkeeper Tom Cross came in for the injured Matt Finlay and in midfield Josh Cole for Nick Kingston.

Redditch started the better of the sides and in the 5th minute Connor Deards was allowed to run straight down the middle but his shot went just wide.

In the 18th minute a snap shot from Will Richards from the edge of the area ensured Cross in the Banbury goal had to be alert to make the save.

Midway through the half a fine individual run from the very impressive Mark Danks forced Cross into a good save.

Redditch were looking the better side with Banbury offering very little as an attacking force.

Banbury did begin to have a little more of the game in the last third of the first half and in the 33rd minute did create perhaps their only decent chance of the half when an Adam Confue effort was blocked by a defender and though the ball fell to Ricky Johnson, Banbury's striker dragged his shot wide.

The last minute of the half saw a half chance for Banbury when a free kick from Liam Dolman was blocked but the ball fell to Adam Confue inside the penalty area though his shot was blasted well over the bar.

The second half saw Redditch the dominant side. The Banbury back four were being asked plenty of questions but did reasonably well to deny an increasing lively forward line.

There was little spark or creativity from Banbury. The 62nd minute saw a Jack Ashton free-kick from a central position find Johnson but the header was weak and straight at the goalkeeper. Other than this Banbury continued to struggle to create any chances.

Redditch had their best spell of the game in the last twenty minutes as they seemed to believe all three points were now there for the taking.

In the 73rd minute a decent long range effort from David Bridgwater went just wide much to the relief of the Banbury custodian. On 81 minutes Danks curved a shot from the right hand edge of the area which beat Cross only to hit the far post before coming out and being cleared.

In the 83rd minute a fine cross from the right by Danks was well headed over the crossbar for a corner by the under pressure Dolman. A minute later Deards had the ball in the net for Redditch but the goal was disallowed for off-side. Four minutes from time another accurate cross from the right by Danks was met by a powerful header from Deards but fortunately for Banbury it went just wide.

Banbury did have a couple of late efforts. Two minutes from time Ben Polk ran in from the left but his shot was deflected just wide of the far post for a corner. In the last minute an Adeyinka Talabi snap shot from the edge of the area at least forced Niall Cooper to make a save.

Overall it was a poor game, though to be fair Redditch at least made it an interesting final twenty minutes and tried to pass the ball around but they will be disappointed not to leave with all three points.

Banbury United: Tom Cross, Luke Cray, Jack Ashton, Liam Dolman, Jason Lee, Ben Polk, Josh Cole, Adam Confue (Ryan Howell 75), Ricky Johnson (Tom Lorraine 78), Adeyinka Talabi, Aaron Woodley (Lynval Da Costa 61). Subs (not used): Josh O'Grady, Nick Kingston.

Redditch United: Niall Cooper, Aaron Stringfellow, Josh Quaynor (Jamal Clarke 46), Phil Midworth, Asa Charlton, David Bridgwater, Connor Deards, Will Richards, Mark Danks, Charisma Agbonlahor (Craig Wilding 56), Liam McDonald (Jack Cresswell 67). Subs (not used): Jordan Nadat, Bradley Catlow
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Banburys view of the game Empty Re: Banburys view of the game

Post  Leethall Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Fair play sounds like the Reds boys played well. Pity we have not got a suitable partner for Danksy as Charisma is not the answer. May be a better idea putting Whilding up top for Danks to play off him.

Not a bad start atall!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:06 pm

judging by today game and i know that whilding only came on as sub but he does not look as good as charisma in my humble opinion,i thought it was a reasonable game but a draw was a fair result,yes we looked good in the last 15 minutes.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree with Leethall that Charisma is not the answer. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player and is capable of quality at times but it seems to me he has a tendency to drift in and out of the game. That certainly was the case at Banbury. I thought we looked better when Wilding came on. He puts it about a bit more and has a bit more of a physical presence and is more involved. That was my view from the game anyway.

We could do worse than get Jimmy Deabill back, he would be a pretty good foil for Danks. One things for sure, if Danks keeps on playing like the last couple of games and gets us 20-25 goals this season we should be looking at a top half finish at least.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm

mattim wrote:I agree with Leethall that Charisma is not the answer. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player and is capable of quality at times but it seems to me he has a tendency to drift in and out of the game.

But at least he's the best footballer in his family Wink

Are you???
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 pm

allotmentender wrote:
mattim wrote:I agree with Leethall that Charisma is not the answer. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player and is capable of quality at times but it seems to me he has a tendency to drift in and out of the game.

Are you???
Nicely done. lol! Bow down

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 am

allotmentender wrote:

Are you???

Well, as none of my family have played football whereas many many years ago I starred in division 6 of the Redditch and South Warwickshire Sunday Combination I can categorically say yes I am ! Smile

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down