Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our beloved Redditch United

+11
del boy
Terrace Guy
oldtommo
Leethall
dontrunsingles
kingfisher
Bob Marley
in2thevalley
mattim
Tommo
RedAllOver
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Our beloved Redditch United - Page 2 Empty Re: Our beloved Redditch United

Post  mattim Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:32 am

Totally agree with del boy. If we were winning every week and challenging for honours we wouldn't be having these debates. If we could combine success on the pitch with sensible admission prices (we're still too expensive) and some decent marketing/PR work we could easily get back to gates of 400 or so.

This season has been dismal on the pitch. Off the pitch a lot of positive things have happened but although they are crucial to the club's survival they are not the kind of things that bring in the support. This is now the third successive season of relegation struggle and just about everyone, no matter how loyal, has just about had enough.

Although I feel bad saying this it's got to the point where I'm not that bothered about relegation. I almost feel that we need to drop down in order to revitalise things. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see us beat the drop but we simply cannot afford another season like this, or last season, or the season before that.

Next season whether in the Southern Prem or one of the Divisions below will be make or break. We desperately need to start winning some games and it's reached the point for me when as long as we do that I don't really care which league or division we are in.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:46 am

I used the wrong word in my other post but I believe that you will not see those people come back en masse even if the team is winning. Some serious changes are required as a few have mentioned, reasonable admission price and the biggest factor a manager who knows what he is doing. I am sorry but my view is that the current manager is out of his depth.

Be careful wishing for relegation as this will kill the club further as we will end up in Southern South and West with just Evesham as a local side. This would incur even more travelling and even more sides that nobody has ever heard about. If we got relegated and went into Evostick North South 1 then this would the place to be with games v Halesowen, Chasetown, Stratford Town, Sutton Coldfield etc. local side that are those games we miss going back to Beazer Homes Midland days.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  dontrunsingles Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:21 am

Totally agree with del boy & mattim. I pick and choose which games i go to now because there is just nothing to get excited about, in fact the most exciting thing i've seen on the pitch this season is the 'winning goal' against Frome and the penalty drama that followed. Its not that long ago that we were beating Dag & Redbridge (who had Paul Benson & Craig Mackael-Smith up front) in the FA trophy or top of the table Southport having been 2 down with 60 mins on the clock.

Yes i know some will harp on about stability & 'at least we've still got a club to watch' but if nobody wants to turn up to watch then whats the point.

dontrunsingles
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:05 am

I'm not wishing for relegation Leethall but this season has been so bad I've lost the will to live. All I'm wishing for is to see us score goals, play decent football and win games and if that's in a lower division then so be it.

My experience of being involved at Reds years ago taught me that it's a winning team people will pay to watch regardless of the standard. I've seen us struggle in far better leagues than this one we're in but fail to get people in.

I totally agree with you about the South and West though, it will be almost as much (if not even more) travelling than at present and we would be far better off in the Evo Stik Northern along with the teams you've mentioned. Strangely although Redditch is a great place geographically we are badly placed for this standard. If we do go down we will be either the most southerly club in the north or the most northerly club in the south.

But whatever happens, I still believe next season is make or break. I don't think relegation will kill the club - results will. Do well and we can pull things round. Another season like this and the club will die of apathy.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:59 am

I bl***y knew that would happen ! Whinge about the performances and we go and win 2-0 !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 pm

I just hope the club finally appoint a manager that knows what he is doing and is left to do his job.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:14 pm

lewism5964 wrote:Obviously I haven't been down the club since Christmas so can't comment on attendance but I have noticed the drop of regulars posting on here now, I log in every so often when I get chance over here and find there are barely any new posts and a lot of the regulars no longer post. If so where has every gone?

Where are you? I seem to remember you saying Australia a while back, or did I imagine that!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah I am in Australia at the moment, here until June just travelling about. Currently staying with some of my girlfriends relatives in Eden, New South Wales till next week. Loving it out here! Where abouts you do live?
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 am

I live in Ryde, north west Sydney with the misses (it's where she's always lived)

Have you been to Sydney yet/much?
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2