Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Signings?

+5
rawlings09
in2thevalley
del boy
Bob Marley
Leethall
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Signings? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Signings?

Post  Bob Marley Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

To back up my point Mr Gravedigger (I love this monster truck name)

I contacted the club on Friday 21 September to sponsor the Hitchin home game in December when I am back in the UK.
I had a mail back on the 24th saying we will get back to you.

Nothing since...
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:43 am

Is it me or is this forum getting back to the "let's knock the board" days of Cremin and Rae?

Sallie and Chris have done a great job "off the pitch" with the ground improvements etc and I shall always admire them for that and am grateful for the fact that they saved our Club.

However, as has been said many times before, football is a "results-driven" industry and I would suggest that the only way to get more "bums on seats" (or, rather, feet on terraces!) is to build a successful side on the pitch. Let's face it the only information the average sports fan has of RUFC is on TV (vidiprinter and/or teletext) and the results columns of the newspapers. If the uncommitted see that Reds lost again then they will think twice about spending what, as has already been said, is a lot of money (as a pensioner even £6.00 is a fair chunk of my income!) on what appears to be an inferior product.

It is also true that expectations and ambitions of the average fan increased when the Swanns took over. However unrealistic this increase in expectation was, the fact that the football played on the pitch has not greatly improved over the past season and a bit (with the possible exception of the last few games last season) has a detrimental effect on those who might (rather than those of who will regardless of it all!) come to the Valley on a Saturday afternoon.

Now we might deplore this attitude and certainly we do not want to return to the free spending days of previous administrations which almost led to our demise, but, and it is a big but, however much we improve facilities, however much we engage with "the community" (whatever that means) if results are not seen to be happening the casual fan will not be seen at the Valley.

Improvements off the pitch need to be matched by improvements on the pitch if we have any ambition for our club. (If we're happy to sink into obscurity in a lower league then so be it.) Most of the performances I have seen this year have been lack-lustre to say the least. We have surrended the opportunities to progress in three cups (two of which could have been lucrative) and thereby lost the possibility of the attendant publicity. Now we "can concentrate on the League" but at the moment even that seems a "step too far".

I realise that this has been a negative-ish post and I apologise for that and I realise that I have raised questions rather than offered solutions. (If I had all the answers I'd be up there with my name-sake!).

This has not been an attempt to "knock" the current board, administration etc, but just my view on affairs at the Club at the moment. I'm sure many of you will disagree with me (it's happened before and will no doubt happen again). If so, you know where to find me.

Cheers

A

arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 am

PS With regards to publicity etc is there any way we can entice Andy (Fingers) back from Romulus where he appears to be doing a bang-up job.
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2