Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News of a former Red:

2 posters

Go down

News of a former Red: Empty News of a former Red:

Post  ted striker Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:02 pm

I was at Kenilworth Road today for the FA Cup tie between Luton Town and Nuneaton Town (aside: two firsts for me today - my first ever visit to Kenilworth Road and my first ever FA Cup Proper tie, i.e. not preliminary/qualifying round), and noticed the name of a former Red, James Dance, among the Luton subs.

I didn't realise he's been sidelined with an ankle injury for 10 months, but it's great news that he's back in training and hoping to get back into the side soon.

As another aside, the attendance there today was 3,089, which is barely more than half what it was for the league fixture between the two sides three weeks ago. Such a shame that even for Conference sides, the FA Cup seems to be a much lesser draw than league action.

Last edited by ted striker on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misremembered the attendance)

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

News of a former Red: Empty Re: News of a former Red:

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Good player James Dance was and if only we could have had him on contract to have made a bit of money.

You look back to 3/4 years ago and we had some top players who went onto play at a higher level such as Dancer, Matty Blair, Big Ex, Danny Lewis etc. what have we brought through this last few years? Not much I can see which is a worry really if you want to make the club self sustaining.

Albeit there are a few players this last few weeks who look promising so I hope I am wrong Very Happy

Watched Evesham play today and Tess proved why he could not play at this level, he looked poor against a very good looking Bridgewater side Senile
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down