Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch 1-0 Chippenham

+2
del boy
Tommo
6 posters

Go down

Redditch 1-0 Chippenham Empty Redditch 1-0 Chippenham

Post  Tommo Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 am

fantastic result and a fantastic day all round. It was an inspired performance by Redditch who saw off chippenham with a 30 yard screamer. Leavi was my man of the match with an outstanding display.
The atmosphere was incredible, best in ages.
Also I hope i dont open the gates of hell by saying this but the pitch was looking majestic today, this groundkeeper must work his socks off to keep it looking so good. I wonder if he is using a new grain of grass????
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Redditch 1-0 Chippenham Empty Re: Redditch 1-0 Chippenham

Post  del boy Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Another example of why a 3G pitch is essential, the pitch needs some rest time from training sessions and non first team games. As soon as I arrived, any small hope of seeing an entertaining game quickly evaporated. The pitch was in a terrible state. The weather hasn't been particularly bad recently, so it can only be down to overuse. You can’t blame the groundsman for that.

To be fair to the players, they had absolutely no hope of playing any kind of entertaining football on that surface.

I couldn't fault the work rate of the lads today. Everybody put a shift in. For most of the second half, it was ‘backs to the wall’ stuff. Defensively, we looked quite solid and effective. Chippenham couldn't break us down, and resorted to having tantrums at the officials when a few minor / debatable decisions went against them. I can’t stand whiners.

That’s the positives out of the way. Yes, we won and we have 3 more points on the board. But the enjoyment factor and goal mouth action was pretty much non existent. In summary, despite a win, it was another miserable afternoon at the Valley for me.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Redditch 1-0 Chippenham Empty The pitch

Post  Dippa3 Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm the new groundsman down redditch and yes the redditch pitch was bad earlier but there are reasons for this, u say it hasn't aimed much but last night we had over half inch of rain, when u combine this with an over played compacted pitch it's going to have an a knock on effect, but the game was on, u look at other pitches around the area, Studley, alvechurch, Littleton, feckenham, all them pitches we called off today, and I no it wasn't pretty football but all worked out for the better, another home game chalked off and another win so can only be good, it will improve too I'm confident of that, the 26 this its being vertidrained/ deep aeration to solve the compaction of the pitch and then fertilizer to strengthen the turf, but it's mainly about seeing this season out pitch wise as there is so much happening on it which is out of my control, pre season is where all the hard work will happen and trust me it will be a different pitch next year, and hopefully there will be less on it will means a better all round surface for redditch to play on, but if I'm honest the first team do cause some of the trouble, when I try and call training off the pitch to save it getting cut up for today's game they used it anyway even though we hired floodlights etc for them to use the back pitches, these factors done help, but it will improve, and delboy as far As 3G pitches go if the use of the pitch is low grass is fine, I find 3G does t play like grass, sorry to be moany just trying to explain why it's how it is and what is being done about it
Attachments
Redditch 1-0 Chippenham Attachment
image.jpg This is the pitch I looked after before redditchYou don't have permission to download attachments.(130 Kb) Downloaded 21 times

Dippa3
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Cheers dippa, it’s great to get some feedback. For as long as I can remember, the Valley Stadium has always had a poor quality pitch. And before my time of following the club, I believe this is a long term, historical problem that has been ever present since the ground first opened?

I think you have a real challenge on your hands. If you can get our pitch looking anything near like that photo, then you’ll be a hero!

As for training, why can’t the club do it elsewhere? Why not find a nice, neutral training facility that we can rent by the hour? Yes, it may cost a bit more, but based on today, it can only be money well spent.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Tommo, that exact thing is being sorted out at the moment by Aaron, hopefully in future will be at abbey stadium, and it will get better have faith

Dippa3
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Great to hear that Tommo. Where did Oshungbure play? I have only seen him once and he seemed like he was a wing back before. Good to see a home grown talent break into the side!
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Tommo wrote:fantastic result and a fantastic day all round. It was an inspired performance by Redditch who saw off chippenham with a 30 yard screamer. Leavi was my man of the match with an outstanding display.
The atmosphere was incredible, best in ages.
Also I hope i dont open the gates of hell by saying this but the pitch was looking majestic today, this groundkeeper must work his socks off to keep it looking so good. I wonder if he is using a new grain of grass????

I agree Levi was very good 2day as was everyone. I've always said we're a striker away from bein a good team. To think we still have Alex and Liam to come back bodes well. The pitch is a mess to many games on it, but money is needed so that's life, teams won't wana come and play on it, so may aswell use it to our advantage!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:09 pm

i for one will be happy if we continue to play ugly horrible football and win every game rather than pretty football and lose.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down