Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relegation?

+2
mattim
Leethall
6 posters

Go down

Will Redditch Utd Be Relegated?

Relegation? Vote_lcap70%Relegation? Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Relegation? Vote_lcap30%Relegation? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Relegation? Empty Relegation?

Post  Leethall Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 am

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Relegation? Empty Re: Relegation?

Post  mattim Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 am

Very difficult to say at this stage. We are playing in what IMO is one of the most unpredictable leagues in the country. Anyone can beat anyone on their day. Interesting that a few weeks ago Hitchin had three or four games in hand over us and they've almost completely blown it.

It sounds optimistic given the way things have gone recently but if we strung three or four results together we could move well up the table. I mean, Leethall you were telling us how Leamington were now going to win the league having signed Stefan Moore (and I don't disagree with you) but look what happened to them today !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:04 pm

I’ve been supporting the club for a long time, and the team/squad/performances so far this season are easily the worst I have ever seen down at The Valley. With rumours of budget cuts and players leaving (who will no doubt be replaced by players from 3 or 4 levels lower) I can only see things going from bad to worse.

Crowds and thus income will get lower still. Due to the bad weather, home games will be rescheduled for Tuesday nights, when crowds are already much lower than Saturdays. The choice of awful, local football for a tenner Vrs. midweek Champions League on TV, and forthcoming midweek crowds will be lucky to break through the 100 barrier. I can foresee the team having no budget in the near future.

This season only two teams are to be relegated. With Kettering’s large points deduction, then realistically there should only be one relegation spot to avoid. This season should be the ‘hardest’ season to get relegated from this league, yet we are well on course to do so.

To be honest, I don’t think I really care anymore if we do get relegated. If we do avoid relegation, then what? More of the same next season? No thanks. I’d rather us be playing at a lower level where we can compete.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:48 pm

I agree with everything Del Boy has said. If we avoid relegation this season we'll only be fighting it again next season. It has been that way for years. Apart from our first season in the Conf North we have been fighting relegation and it has become too much for some people. Since that first season, I wonder what our home win record has been? I'm afraid the club needs to find it's level and it appears this is not it. You could argue that investment in the team would improve results and bring the crowds back but I'm not convinced.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 am

mattim wrote:Very difficult to say at this stage. We are playing in what IMO is one of the most unpredictable leagues in the country. Anyone can beat anyone on their day. Interesting that a few weeks ago Hitchin had three or four games in hand over us and they've almost completely blown it.

It sounds optimistic given the way things have gone recently but if we strung three or four results together we could move well up the table. I mean, Leethall you were telling us how Leamington were now going to win the league having signed Stefan Moore (and I don't disagree with you) but look what happened to them today !

Indeed mate but Leamington have a poor record against Stour so I am not surprised they got beat yesterday.

http://theonionsack.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/news-stuart-hendrie-leaves-redditch.html?m=1

Stu Hendrie has departed, budget cuts means that there are bound to be others that have departed or are about to.

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:34 pm

I agree with Mr B and del boy. The last few years when we've avoided relegation it always seems to have been merely postponing the inevitable rather than heralding the dawn of a new era.

If we do stay up I will be pleased make no mistake but as Mr B and del have said, will it just mean more of the same next season ? Unless there is a major change ie we suddenly become more affluent as a club then it's difficult to see anything other than yet another season of struggle. We've spent so many years punching above our weight we would probably be a decent size club at Southern League Div 1 level and we might even win some games !

The budget cuts will only make things more difficult but I'm sure the club are running out of options. With attendances well down followed by a number of postponed games cash flow at Reds must be bl***y awful at the moment.

As a matter of interest, if we do go down where will we end up ? I've assumed we would go back to where we came which was the 'Western' division (now the Div one South and West). But apart from Evesham where do we fit in geographically ? The rest of that division is places like Devon, Somerset, Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Dorset, Wiltshire etc. There would be more travelling than there is now. It's crazy that we drop down a level and yet could end up travelling further.

On the other hand the Div one Central is equally not really our kind of territory. That's all Bedfordshire, Bucks, Herts and Greater London. Have just had a look at the Evostik Northern and it would almost make more sense to be in their Div one South with the likes of Romulus, Halesowen, Sutton Coldfield etc.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:47 am

If we get relegated into Southern South & West then I have no doubt our travelling costs will increase above what they are in the Prem, you can see by the clubs in the league this season:

http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/league-tables/south-and-west.asp?section=league-tables

Nearest after Evesham will be Bishops Cleeve, Cinderford and then you start looking at Merthyr, Tiverton, Taunton, Winchester, Poole and the Bristol clubs.

Evostick Div 1 South would be the one if relegated to get into as you stated as you have the likes of Halesowen, Sutton Coldfield, Gresley, Chasetown and the sides around Staffordshire and then Notts, Leicestershire & Lincolnshire.

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

Again all depends on who is promoted and relegated from Step 2 & 4 and if indeed we do stay up!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am

Like last term, I do not think we will be relegated...just.

Everyone is struggling to come to terms with lower league football these days...the cost, TV saturation and a distinct lack of enthusiasm by the public in general.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20912844

I am interested in seeing the Stourbridge attendances this season after their recent FA Cup heroics....that bubble burst pretty quickly.

I go back to previous suggestions:

1. Make it cheap
2. Make everyone feel part of the 'family'
3. Make the product good to watch (ball on the ground, 100% effort)
4. Build the club bottom up (strong youth set up, integrated with the 1st team)
5. Have an attractive stadium

Easy to say...not easy to do.
I still believe Mr Swan is doing the right thing by trying all of the above.....with various levels of success to date.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Relegation? Empty never say never

Post  westo22 Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 pm

dont be to worried we could come back even thou we have not many players
westo22
westo22
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down