Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United Reserves vs Coalville Town Reserves

3 posters

Go down

Redditch United Reserves vs Coalville Town Reserves Empty Redditch United Reserves vs Coalville Town Reserves

Post  Justin.Fowkes Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 am

For those that are not going to Chippenham tomorrow you are all invited to our reserve team game at The Valley.

Kick Off is 3 pm and the food bar as well as upstairs will be open as normal. Entrance is £3 for over 16s and just £1 for oaps and concessions.

The bar will be open from 12 where we will be showing 3 Live FA Cup games At 12.45 will be Luton Town vs Millwall followed by 3.00 Arsenal vs Blackburn followed by Matt Smiths mighty Oldham Athletic vs Everton.

We welcome u all.

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Redditch United Reserves vs Coalville Town Reserves Empty Re: Redditch United Reserves vs Coalville Town Reserves

Post  Leethall Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am

Good luck mate I am off to Stratford so won't be around unless that is called off.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Redditch United Reserves vs Coalville Town Reserves Empty Re: Redditch United Reserves vs Coalville Town Reserves

Post  Ms.B Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Match report?
Fans need to be excited about 'stars for the future' - not great communication. Other non-league clubs communicate much better.

Ms.B
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 am

Im sorry for the delay I have been extremely busy watching the network of teams we have down at The Valley. Monday I was watching the college boys train and then Monday evening I was in Cheltenham watching our under 18s beat Cheltenham Saracens 3 - 1 with some solid performances from future reserve stars Daniel Brain and Dominic Oliver.

A Point For Redditch That Possibly Wasnt Deserved.

Saturday saw the Reserves entertain Coalville Town Reserves at The Valley. With Alex Kelly, Nick Cox, Kaine Palmer, Tom Busby and others unavailable due to injuries or work commitment The Reserves gave a debut to Josh Westwood.

With Redditch going into the game top of the form guide this was a game I expected to win based on our previous results. Coalville dominated the early exchanges with Daniel Chapman causing us problems in midfield. Redditch just wasnt at the races with our normal soild 3 5 2 formation. We were clearly second to the ball and when we had the ball gave it away cheaply. Lewis Smith as always was working hard up front and new boy Westwood was influential in midfield. First half was more a battle with very few chances to either side.

HT 0 - 0

Second half and we decided to go from our normal 3 5 2 formation to a 4 4 2 diamond. This change gave us a bit better shape and allowed our midfield to find more space to play. Unfortunately to play this formation we had to make 2 substitutions at half time. This was fine up until ex Halesowen Town player Warren Brookes took a knock to the ribs. At first we thought he would be ok to carry on but Wazza, who is normally a rock had to come off due to feeling like he couldnt breath. This forced us into our 3rd substitution after just 55 minutes.

With the space Redditchs midfield were getting, 60 minutes in and we started to keep Coalville in there own half. Gifford working hard to make runs for the midfield to feed, Seb Jenkins getting nearer to there players than first half, Adrian Hylton with his frightening pace and Jarrell Hylton with his super quick feet. We were getting half chances and it wasnt long until we scored. With a fine run from Lewis and good play from Gifford, Hyton finds himself half a yard to rifle the ball into the back of the net. 1 - 0 up and with the lads looking slightly better than first half it was now a case of holding onto our lead. Little did we know the ref was going to play a part. A blatant free kick just inside the Coalville centre circle where there player was last man and Hylton was clean through was not given in Redditchs favour. This lead to the referee awarding the free kick to Coalville who then pumped the ball forward to Daniel Chapman who instinctively shot first time for the ball to beat Danny Payne. 1 - 1 and both teams pushed for the winner but to no avail. The whistle couldn't of come any sooner with the overall performance we gave.

Although there wasn't many clear cut chances Coalville were for me the better side and deserved more. We will look at that game and put the wrongs right. On a positive note there were good individual performances from Dan Randall (scholesy), debutant Josh Westwood and Craig Malins at centre half. Also not playing well were still unbeaten in 7 games. I always say that if you play bad and get something from the game its easier fixed.

Regards

Justin

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down