Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUFC - state of the nation?

+2
Leethall
Bob Marley
6 posters

Go down

RUFC - state of the nation? Empty RUFC - state of the nation?

Post  Bob Marley Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Speaking to a few people around the club recently...I am surprised by how much is going on behind the scenes and how much the club (as a whole) is moving forward.

The Youth section has been completely restructured and now contribute to the 1st team affairs in all possible ways....as it should.
I did not realize the success of the Youth teams this year with Cup finals still to be played....well done to all involved and continued success to all managers, associates and players.

I hear that the ground situation is heating up and moving forward at pace....this for me is the most defining factor for the future of the football club.
Although the Valley has a special place in our hearts and the history of the club....surely, now is the time to move on and have a purpose-built, income generating facility..that can operate on a functional basis across the whole needs of the club and help create the financial means to invest back into the playing staff.

I still fully believe that a self financed football club is the only way forward...even if the medium term fare served up most Saturday afternoons, is just not at the standard expected.

Onwards & upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

RUFC - state of the nation? Empty Re: RUFC - state of the nation?

Post  Leethall Wed May 01, 2013 9:22 am

BM, all of that is really good and having spoken to Justin, Aaron & your brother over the last few months it is positive.

But there is no communication whatsoever to the town or fans, this is the problem people not knowing.

If only we can have a decent 1st team!!!

I also see Jack Cresswell is playing for the Reserves in the final games, our best player leaving for SCT and now coming back to play for the reserves. Strange that
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed May 01, 2013 1:11 pm

We need something to look forward to. As leethall has said, the communication from the club has been poor recently. I appreciate that the progress on large developments (such as a new ground) can be painfully slow. On here, we’re all aware of the rumours of the new ground. But what about those fans who don’t come on here, who aren’t on facebook etc. All of our fan base need to know that progress is being made and there is something to look forward to.

Whilst The Valley may hold happy memories for many on here, for me those memories are all becoming a distant memory. In recent years, it has largely become a tired, miserable and depressing place to watch football.

I hope the new ground rumours are true, because the club desperately needs a fresh start.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  dontrunsingles Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 am

Well, all this talk of a new ground, great youth section etc. is all very good but if we have another season of dire football resulting in a relegation dogfight then we'll have no fans left at all. There must be investment in the first team to improve results which will improve crowds and generate income and interest in all areas. Its a bit like having a lovely pristine brand new shop which is selling things nobody wants, so nobody comes in and the whole thing fails.

dontrunsingles
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu May 02, 2013 5:07 am

With new facilities brings new opportunities.

Just to name a few:
Football Academy - to complement our successful youth setup which then feeds our first team.
Football camp - income generated from kids being enrolled during summer school leave, with a chance to feed our youth setup.
Conference facilities - income.
Markets on the car park for non-matchdays - income.
3g pitch - for training, hiring out to local teams, leisure league style tournaments etc. - income (and wear & tear saved on the main pitch).
Social Club/function room - income.

Not to mention the fresh interest a new stadium would bring.

The extra room to explore further revenue streams will justify increasing the playing budget.

The club needs reinventing with a fresh start and new facilities.

I'd love to see this happen!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 am

I think communication has always been an issue...what to say, what not to say etc.

I agree, outside the usual suspects...it is hard to know what's going on at the club...especially in today's society when everything about everything is just a few key strokes away.

I think the communication for the reserves & youth is better than the 1st team...strange that...and you would think a more constant line of 'what's going on' would help all involved....eliminating gossip, hearsay etc.

Doing the newsletter for the last 6 months of the 2009 season was like pulling blood from a stone...and I see the 'new' newsletter and Chairman's letter (which I did enjoy reading) soon died a death...shame, really.

I agree with redditchbluenose...the new ground will be the salvation of the club. Facilities that pull income that can be invested in the 1st team to make a better product for people to enjoy...and the snowball begins.

Leethal often compares RUFC to Stratford....for me, the customer experience is the difference between night and day...great facilities, good pitch, good 'vibe'....we have to create this kind of feeling at the Reds to give us hope of a better future.

The good news is how much worse can it be?
We have some great people around the club and if the club get's moving, we know what kind of atmosphere we can create...and the fans will come back to see a winning side..(although it is too expensive).

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Tue May 07, 2013 5:16 am

I also see Jack Cresswell is playing for the Reserves in the final games, our best player leaving for SCT and now coming back to play for the reserves. Strange that[/quote]

Leethall. Just to explain the Jack Creswell situation. I have known Jack and his dad for a while. With 10 games in 14 days I needed to have fresh legs while still being able to maintain a run of results. Baring in mind I cant sign anybody, I had to do what's best for the Reserves to try and win the league. By keeping players fresh so far this has worked and if available I hope to use Jack again.

Hope that gives you all a understanding into why Jack was there.

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 am

Justin.Fowkes wrote:I also see Jack Cresswell is playing for the Reserves in the final games, our best player leaving for SCT and now coming back to play for the reserves. Strange that

Leethall. Just to explain the Jack Creswell situation. I have known Jack and his dad for a while. With 10 games in 14 days I needed to have fresh legs while still being able to maintain a run of results. Baring in mind I cant sign anybody, I had to do what's best for the Reserves to try and win the league. By keeping players fresh so far this has worked and if available I hope to use Jack again.

Hope that gives you all a understanding into why Jack was there. [/quote]

Cheers mate. This was not a dig at you but more frustration that our most influential player was released when he was the most likely to score a few goals!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down