Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will the new Manager be ..............................

+18
insider
Bob Marley
Screenerwide
Rob7562
del boy
westo22
simon Reds
debart
Reds11
ted striker
Justin.Fowkes
alottmentender
Leethall
Redditch_Reject
rawlings09
LathamDan
Terrace Guy
Mrs Moor
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who will the new Manager be .............................. Empty Who will the new Manager be ..............................

Post  Mrs Moor Thu May 09, 2013 9:27 am

Another one bites the dust ...................... Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Who will the new Manager be .............................. Empty Re: Who will the new Manager be ..............................

Post  Terrace Guy Thu May 09, 2013 11:48 am

To be honest as soon as i read the paper with Swan saying “me and Simon are meeting to discuss plans for next season“ the first thought that came to my head was that its code for “he's getting the bullet“.

So onwards and cautiously upwards. Three managers in two seasons but at least we have someone at the top who isnt afraid to make a decision. Yes the original decision in rehiring Redhead was silly and immediately put a lot of fans off before the season started, many of whom did stop coming along as the season went on. However, on the positive side we have talent in that team, i'm convinced of it and there's been plenty of matches this season where we've been toe to toe against teams without any end product. If a manager can be found who can instill confidence in the players (something that in his body language etc Redhead never did) and use his contacts to pick up a lucky Frendo from somewhere then we wont have a problem! I certainly hope this news will act as a catalyst to bringany of the disillusioned die hards back again next season.

UTR
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Who will the new Manager be .............................. Empty Re: Who will the new Manager be ..............................

Post  LathamDan Thu May 09, 2013 11:49 am

I'm going to say the reserves manager is the favirote for me at the moment

LathamDan
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu May 09, 2013 11:53 am

Get Hydey back in for mrs moor!

I also hear Sir Alex Ferguson is out of a job, could be worth looking into Wink

rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Thu May 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Agree that Justin Fowkes would be a great shout, done wonders with the reserves team and would surely be best placed to help keep Leavi, Catlow/Payne and Hylton, who I believe are key to the team going forward. He's shown he's good with communicating to the fans. He gets my vote.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu May 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Mrs Moor is my choice Very Happy

No disrespect to Justin but a manager who is proven at Southern Prem level is required. Challenge set but would imagine we end up with an inexperienced manager again.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Thu May 09, 2013 1:25 pm

i hear that paul west maybe free
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Thu May 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Guys.

I've had a Official meeting with the chairman this evening and he mentioned that I wasn't in the running for the job after the game. He thinks I'm around a year away which is fair enough.

He did say that somebody within the club will be the new manager and that it will become official on Tuesday. I would of loved a crack at the whip but not to be in afraid.

Reserves won tonight 4-1 v Boldmere. Gifford got 3 and Hoshain got 1.

Regards

Justin

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Thu May 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Justin, cheers for the continued open communication on matters this season and well done on the reserves. If only it was this good from the top!

Now unless im missing the obvious here, if Swans hiring internally then surely it's Kim Casey?
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu May 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Yeah big respect to Justin who has been brilliant for the reserves and also keeping us informed with club matters.

IMO Kim Casey would be brilliant, it could also be Asa or Liam McDonald or these pair as joint managers?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu May 09, 2013 3:09 pm

I would expect Asa to step up from player/assistant manager to player/manager, with Kim Casey remaining in an enhanced coaching role. I don't see the point of an assistant manager at our level, unless another of the senior players (do we have any of those?) takes on that role alongside their playing role.

Whoever it is, I wish them luck, as they're going to need it. It'll take a huge turnaround to avoid another relegation battle next season.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Thu May 09, 2013 11:40 pm

I can't see us getting an experienced manager with the budget we have. As long as it isn't Paul west I'd be happy. Redhead was experienced really but look where that got us. I would like hydy but not sure he would last a season. But maybe a young up and coming manager would breath new life into the club. I do think Chris will appoint who he feels best to run the club. I'm excited to be honest, I liked redhead as a person but manager I thought was clueless. Love Justin but can see why Chris hadn't gone for him, I think he possibly could struggle to really get players who have played the game at a higher level to listen due to the fact he hasn't played the game and with modern footballers that's a big thing.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Thu May 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Whoever is the new man I'm sure he'll get all our support and as long as he gets a top forward I'm sure we'll all be happy!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 am

Reds11 wrote:I can't see us getting an experienced manager with the budget we have. As long as it isn't Paul west I'd be happy. Redhead was experienced really but look where that got us. I would like hydy but not sure he would last a season. But maybe a young up and coming manager would breath new life into the club. I do think Chris will appoint who he feels best to run the club. I'm excited to be honest, I liked redhead as a person but manager I thought was clueless. Love Justin but can see why Chris hadn't gone for him, I think he possibly could struggle to really get players who have played the game at a higher level to listen due to the fact he hasn't played the game and with modern footballers that's a big thing.

I've played football pal. Played since u7s. If you want to have a laugh then come and watch me play v the fans tomorrow at The Valley.

I do also know some very good players and I'm gonna work hard with the new manager to bring these lads into the club. I've got a couple of great forwards who are really keen and ambitious as well as a midfielder who was at Worcester City that's keen. Hopefully we can push on this year. Il certainly do my bit to help get where I expect us to be. Lets not disregard Jamie Gifford either. He has got 42 goals this season and looks certain to be the leagues top scorer in all divisions.

Regards

Justin

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  debart Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 am

Looking at the Advertiser online, I thought they'd appointed Mark Fowler...

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/news/10409515.EastEnders____favourite_Todd_Carty_to_star_in_Redditch_Panto/

debart
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Who will the new Manager be .............................. Empty Record Straight

Post  simon Reds Fri May 10, 2013 9:33 am

I have read a number of the postings over the years but never responded mainly because there was a blanket ban from the Chairman. I have always thought it’s important to keep the fans informed of the club as they are more likely to come and support if they know the truth of matters.

I wanted to explain a bit about the work we have done, in what circumstances and; put some context around it.

The job in the last twelve months has been extremely difficult and what people don’t realise is that we have the lowest budget in the league. We have had two budget reductions this season alone and only through ASA and myself's personal commitment, golf days etc has there been anything beyond the contracted players. Some players have played again this year for nothing!! As a manager I have declined any pay or even expenses in order to be able to get players such as Robbie Thompson-Brown. George Washbourne was free thanks to my relationship with Forest Green. There is no doubt we would not have retained our status had the budget been decreased to the level Chris wanted. That said; the club does rely upon Chris but he is not keen to maintain this.

Twelve months ago when I took over and; I know I wasn’t and I'm still not everyone’s favourite I started with two player both on contract's that have hardly played. We had agreement to retain eight from last year and if you saw the cup final would realise there was something to work from. I now fear Liam (when announced) will be staring again. Playing and developing reserves is a great idea and one that has been very successful this season. But if you think we can play this level of football mainly through the reserves no chance. The club needs continuity, hard work and a platform which at this level of investment will be a three year plan minimum.

Chris doesn’t ever what the manager to talk about money but it dictates who you can attract. Last season I finished with around £800 p.w. less than Graham Hyde and finished very similar. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! Liam will discover how hard it is and I fear for the club.

I can honestly say Kim, Asa and myself have worked tirelessly and despite everything I have said I have loved the club and most of the players. I really believe with a couple of strikers next season we could have finished mid table.

I’m happy to take any questions and I genuinely wish the best for the club..

simon Reds
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  LathamDan Fri May 10, 2013 9:49 am

Thank you for everything Simon I wish you and Ollie the best for your future away from the club

LathamDan
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

wish you all the best simon and i hope we may see you pop down to the club to see a game or so pal
westo22
westo22
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks for the post Simon and for your efforts over the last season.

I did recently post that I thought you should go. In hindsight, that was probably a bit harsh. I think we have all probably guessed that the playing budget is very low. No matter who takes over, next season will again be a struggle. Part of me actually hoped that we had got relegated.

No doubt the plummeting attendances contributed to budgets cuts. Yes, the football has been poor, but it’s been that way for many years now, long before you took over. Constant relegation battles, non existent cup runs and it looks as though the patience of many has run out. Will people come back for more of the same next season?

Perhaps it’s a bit too soon to say so, but I really don’t have much confidence that next season will be any better. If anything, it may be worse. I agree that we can’t depend on a youthful team playing for next to nothing to compete at this level. We need at least some experienced older heads, something that the club obviously can’t afford.

Again, thanks for your efforts and good luck in the future!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob7562 Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 am

simon Reds wrote:I have read a number of the postings over the years but never responded mainly because there was a blanket ban from the Chairman. I have always thought it’s important to keep the fans informed of the club as they are more likely to come and support if they know the truth of matters.

I wanted to explain a bit about the work we have done, in what circumstances and; put some context around it.

The job in the last twelve months has been extremely difficult and what people don’t realise is that we have the lowest budget in the league. We have had two budget reductions this season alone and only through ASA and myself's personal commitment, golf days etc has there been anything beyond the contracted players. Some players have played again this year for nothing!! As a manager I have declined any pay or even expenses in order to be able to get players such as Robbie Thompson-Brown. George Washbourne was free thanks to my relationship with Forest Green. There is no doubt we would not have retained our status had the budget been decreased to the level Chris wanted. That said; the club does rely upon Chris but he is not keen to maintain this.

Twelve months ago when I took over and; I know I wasn’t and I'm still not everyone’s favourite I started with two player both on contract's that have hardly played. We had agreement to retain eight from last year and if you saw the cup final would realise there was something to work from. I now fear Liam (when announced) will be staring again. Playing and developing reserves is a great idea and one that has been very successful this season. But if you think we can play this level of football mainly through the reserves no chance. The club needs continuity, hard work and a platform which at this level of investment will be a three year plan minimum.

Chris doesn’t ever what the manager to talk about money but it dictates who you can attract. Last season I finished with around £800 p.w. less than Graham Hyde and finished very similar. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! Liam will discover how hard it is and I fear for the club.

I can honestly say Kim, Asa and myself have worked tirelessly and despite everything I have said I have loved the club and most of the players. I really believe with a couple of strikers next season we could have finished mid table.

I’m happy to take any questions and I genuinely wish the best for the club..

I've been reading this forum for a few years now and finally feel it's time to comment after Simon's departure and unprofessional comment made on this website. I managed to catch a good chunk of the season's games, which, with respect Simon, were truly abysmal.

I can't help but laugh at the suggestion that "continuity" is needed. What continuity? With very little or no emphasis on corner, penalty and shooting practice at training, which was blatantly clear in just about every game I saw this season and highlighted during the cup final, what exactly is there to continue? You say playing and developing reserves is a great idea and one that has been very successful this season - but you're the first to overlook the reserves, with such talented individuals like Jermaine, Leavi, Luke, Jamie Gifford (scored 42 goals for the reserves despite being injured), etc.

Remember: some of the players were asked to play the morning before the game; and often these players would travel away for little or no game time with no further correspondence from the manager. You speak of contracted players but Connor was released from Walsall, who you managed to completely and utterly demoralise. I've watched the kid play and he's one of the more talented individuals at the club, but lacks the confidence and game-time to prove himself.

And then there's the football itself: I think the reason behind such a catastrophic attendance average for the year (one of - if not the lowest - in the league) and the deflated atmosphere is largely due to the fact that WE'RE NOT HERE TO WATCH VOLLEYBALL. Which begs the question: did you even do passing training? The continuity you propose is hoofball of the highest degree; and everyone who watches us knows that our FBs and CBs, under your tenure, have become playmakers.

As you said, Liam will indeed discover how hard it is, but I don't fear for the club, because this fresh start is exactly what we need.

Rob7562
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Simon,

Fair play and thanks for keeping us up given the circumstances. I echo delboy when i say that if i'd have known the budget constraints you were under i wouldnt have been so forward in wanting you to go. All the best for the future!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Screenerwide Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Love this post Rob756.
I also think a change to a younger manager could be good for the club. Someone who isn't experienced may have some down sides but will bring an equal amount of positives. An tbf if Liam is manager he is an experienced player, coupled with coaching experience and a great eye for the game. I can only expect good things from a new manager and hope they will guide the club into a new territory. One that sees fans coming back week after week and enjoying watching football again. Lets hope that preseason gets an overhaul, and the lads come back with fitness, enthusiasm, set piece takers, and a winning strategy! No sloppy approach. I'm from redditch and the general feeling around redditch surrounding the club is that it's not worth the visit as we never win. Poor game play.
I hope next season is the season for change. If Liam steps up I wish him the best of luck. I wish Simon all the luck in his future career also, but think his post was unprofessional. He was once too a young guy at the start of his managing career so should never be bitter to new lads wanting to make that next step too.
Good luck lads for the season to come. I will be there cheering u on

Screenerwide
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat May 11, 2013 7:44 am

Interesting post from Simon, I wonder why the Swans choose to enforce an information ban from within are they embarrassed and don’t want their broken promises highlighted to the paying public on a regular basis.

The five year plan for Conference football seems to be turning into a five year relegation battle.

For the reserve team manager to post that Swan thinks he’s ready for first team management within 12 months probably tells you all you need to know about Swan and the blueprint he’s working from its laughable really.

Good luck to Simon someone will be lucky to have him as their Manager I would have thought sooner rather than later.

There seems a lot of posts about a very poor reserve side that has failed in every department unless you count flooding your side with players that are in no way shape or form reserve team players in order to win a reserve league and making your club a laughing stock along the way.

Bromsgrove the other MFC reserve league champions have binned their championship side in order to generate an income for the first team and concentrate on the side the fans pay to see. I can’t help thinking a few people are missing the point, how many reserve players made the break into the first team and became regulars and how many will next season. Spend the money on a couple of descent strikers instead and arrange a ground share for your spare Saturday in order to acquire some income from the facility.

For supporters to constantly debate manager and players season after season is laughable the only chap given a cat in hells chance was Graham Hyde, it really is about time the fans asked the real question and that is why did the Swans buy Redditch United in the first place. If they care they should invest and bring in some quality starting with a proven Manager at this level something they have so far failed to do as we enter season four of their reign I find that fact alone unbelievable.

Good luck to Liam let’s hope he brings in Marcus and his little black book.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sat May 11, 2013 11:55 pm

I think all managers at what ever level don't talk about budgets. If it is Liam then I wish him all the best and will be down to support him and the club. As for Simon getting another job soon I wouldn't hold your breath. It's ok now coming on here and feeling sorry for yourself, he wasn't a good manager lets be honest. His tactics, man management his only focus was first team and nothing else. From what I'm hearing the club is going to be working together and working hard on developing players redditch can be proud of. I'm also sue the manager has a lot of contacts having played the game for a very long time even the he is very young. I'm excited and if he can get a forward in with quality I think everyone will be pleased.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun May 12, 2013 2:29 am

I was in Germany in 2004 & was intrigued by how their top flight teams were changing the 'norm' and making the customer experience affordable, exciting in new stadiums & investing wisely..focusing on internal development of young players..mixed with a small percentage of star names.

This was bucking the trend of investing millions of euros...trying to 'buy' success...like the Italian, English & Spanish teams were doing at the time.
Of course, success was very limited, but their teams kept patience....kept focus on the business model & now 10 years later are reaping the rewards...BIG time and with the new financial 'fair play' system coming soon...will dominate European football in the foreseeable future.

So which model is right & which is wrong?

Give up the reserve team and rent out the pitch as MM suggests to gain a few extra quid for the next mercenary...or continue to develop home grown talent for the future of RUFC....now that we have a secure future of course Senile

As for Mr Redhead...good luck in your future career.

I never understand why managers feel the need to criticise financials at football clubs...didn't he understand that when he took the job? How about complaining about the lack of football from his team...the lack of organization...the lack of fan appreciation? Poor show Simon.

Just for the next manager's info....you will have the smallest budget in the league...understand that, get over it, and try to build a young & exciting team who appreciate the fans efforts too... playing good football....please!

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next