Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will the new Manager be ..............................

+18
insider
Bob Marley
Screenerwide
Rob7562
del boy
westo22
simon Reds
debart
Reds11
ted striker
Justin.Fowkes
alottmentender
Leethall
Redditch_Reject
rawlings09
LathamDan
Terrace Guy
Mrs Moor
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will the new Manager be .............................. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will the new Manager be ..............................

Post  rawlings09 Sun May 12, 2013 3:02 am

It's all well and good to say "get on with it" but with a low budget and young team, surely any decent talent will be snapped up from any other team willing to offer more money, as has been the case for the last few seasons, nurturing young talent is one thing, keeping it is another, and with gates the way they are, we won't be contracting many players any time soon.

I'm willing to give the new man a chance, and I'll start going more regularly but I can see it being the same as next season and there's very little from the club to make me think otherwise..

Onwards and upwards.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Who will the new Manager be .............................. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will the new Manager be ..............................

Post  Bob Marley Sun May 12, 2013 3:21 am

rawlings09 wrote:It's all well and good to say "get on with it" but with a low budget and young team, surely any decent talent will be snapped up from any other team willing to offer more money, as has been the case for the last few seasons, nurturing young talent is one thing, keeping it is another, and with gates the way they are, we won't be contracting many players any time soon.

I'm willing to give the new man a chance, and I'll start going more regularly but I can see it being the same as next season and there's very little from the club to make me think otherwise..

Onwards and upwards.

I said 'get over it' ...a different meaning
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 am

Bob Marley wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:It's all well and good to say "get on with it" but with a low budget and young team, surely any decent talent will be snapped up from any other team willing to offer more money, as has been the case for the last few seasons, nurturing young talent is one thing, keeping it is another, and with gates the way they are, we won't be contracting many players any time soon.

Onwards and upwards.

I said 'get over it' ...a different meaning

Ah, touché!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Sun May 12, 2013 8:56 am

Mrs Moor wrote:For the reserve team manager to post that Swan thinks he’s ready for first team management within 12 months probably tells you all you need to know about Swan and the blueprint he’s working from its laughable really.

There seems a lot of posts about a very poor reserve side that has failed in every department unless you count flooding your side with players that are in no way shape or form reserve team players in order to win a reserve league and making your club a laughing stock along the way.

Bromsgrove the other MFC reserve league champions have binned their championship side in order to generate an income for the first team and concentrate on the side the fans pay to see. I can’t help thinking a few people are missing the point, how many reserve players made the break into the first team and became regulars and how many will next season. Spend the money on a couple of descent strikers instead and arrange a ground share for your spare Saturday in order to acquire some income from the facility.

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in stupid rants from individuals on a unofficial forum but feel a few points need to be addressed.

1: Not ready for first team management? So taking a side full of 16 year olds to there first league cup in adult football, finishing 2nd in the league and getting promoted from bottom division to the premier division then winning our first 7 games in the premier division before I went to the Reserves is not a managerial achievement? Then getting the Reserve team job, taking them from 2nd from bottom to very nearly winning the league( fingers crossed for Tuesday), going on a 14 game unbeaten run and also getting to the final of Challenge trophy is not a achievement? Baring in mind most of my players are 20 years old or under and come from Villa, Blues, Albion etc etc. When is a manager like myself ever ready based on my stats and your comment, another 12 months maybe. Some might say with my current football cv and levels of sucess im maybe worth a shot now? Every manager worldwide started somewhere and either became successful or failed. So far what you have said is laughable and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

2: Very poor Reserve side? in whose eyes. I have had 4 players go from the reserves to the first team and keep there place, is that poor? Most clubs would be happy with 1. To have Catlow, Leavi, Hoshain and Jermaine Hylton go to the first team and stay there is commendable. Name me players in my squad that are not reserve team players? I challenge you to name any of my players and tell me why they aren't good players who can push on to first team football. If I have had 4 go this season already then surely I know what kind of players im looking for? I never once expected to win a league or get to a cup final. So failed in every department, laughable. Rolling Eyes

3: I spoke to John at Bromsgrove a few weeks ago. He hasn't binned there reserves to fund the first team. He has binned there reserves because of the high rates he has to pay per annum on the running of the Victoria Ground. Times are hard for all non league clubs more so Sporting who seem to have enormous rates to pay. Rather than have a reserve team expense of 120 per game it made more sense to the club to get Earlswood Town in which in turn would help the club be more financially stable.

So Mrs Moor. I dont know what you have against me, my players or Redditch United Football Club but I think this post is codswallop and you are the laughing stock with this ridiculous post. I know you will reply with some comment and your entitled to your opinion but the truth is the stats don't lie. If you would ever like a formal chat I'm happy to sit down and do so.

Regards

Jose Mourinho Laughing

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 am

[quote="Justin.Fowkes"]
Mrs Moor wrote: I know you will reply with some comment and your entitled to your opinion but the truth is the stats don't lie. If you would ever like a formal chat I'm happy to sit down and do so.

Regards

Jose Mourinho Laughing

I would not hold your breath in seeing MM Shocked
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 am

Justin.Fowkes wrote:I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in stupid rants from individuals on a unofficial forum but feel a few points need to be addressed.

I don’t think my post was a rant, do you?

Justin.Fowkes wrote:
1: Not ready for first team management? So taking a side full of 16 year olds to there first league cup in adult football, finishing 2nd in the league and getting promoted from bottom division to the premier division then winning our first 7 games in the premier division before I went to the Reserves is not a managerial achievement? Then getting the Reserve team job, taking them from 2nd from bottom to very nearly winning the league( fingers crossed for Tuesday), going on a 14 game unbeaten run and also getting to the final of Challenge trophy is not a achievement? Baring in mind most of my players are 20 years old or under and come from Villa, Blues, Albion etc etc. When is a manager like myself ever ready based on my stats and your comment, another 12 months maybe. Some might say with my current football cv and levels of sucess im maybe worth a shot now? Every manager worldwide started somewhere and either became successful or failed. So far what you have said is laughable and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

In 1954 i took St Johns cub scouts on a six year unbeaten run, Southern League here I come. Please try to focus when replying Justin, the comment “another 12 months” was taken from a post you posted it simply made me giggle and was worthy of ridicule.

Justin.Fowkes wrote:
2: Very poor Reserve side? in whose eyes. I have had 4 players go from the reserves to the first team and keep there place, is that poor? Most clubs would be happy with 1. To have Catlow, Leavi, Hoshain and Jermaine Hylton go to the first team and stay there is commendable. Name me players in my squad that are not reserve team players? I challenge you to name any of my players and tell me why they aren't good players who can push on to first team football. If I have had 4 go this season already then surely I know what kind of players im looking for? I never once expected to win a league or get to a cup final. So failed in every department, laughable. Rolling Eyes

Look I have scanned a few match reports and can’t find any of the players you mention holding down a regular first team position. I have to say that even if they were it would be obvious to a stats man like your good self that they are simply not good enough the league table would surely prove that point alone. Try posting a few more adds on the mfc site who knows who you might turn up?.

Justin.Fowkes wrote:
3: I spoke to John at Bromsgrove a few weeks ago. He hasn't binned there reserves to fund the first team. He has binned there reserves because of the high rates he has to pay per annum on the running of the Victoria Ground. Times are hard for all non league clubs more so Sporting who seem to have enormous rates to pay. Rather than have a reserve team expense of 120 per game it made more sense to the club to get Earlswood Town in which in turn would help the club be more financially stable.

Surely John told you the rent is now covered and they plan to introduce a small playing budget in order to make them a more competitive outfit next season. I think reserve sides are slowly becoming a thing of the past more focus should be placed on youth and the money saved could be spent where it mattered on the side people pay to watch.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Sun May 12, 2013 11:19 am

Yes, very good point Mrs Moor
Leavi is clearly not holding down a first team place, not been in the team all season. Also, he's obviously not good enough, never seen a player with less commitment or a lower work rate.

Warning : May Contain Sarcasm

As for the other three, Hylton was clearly good enough to hold down a first team space, honestly cannot see why Redhead didn't start him more often. Away at Chippy when he started he was by a mile the best player on the pitch.

Brad and Dan have been rotated, but both have shown that they would be good enough to hold down the No. 1 Jersey if it wasn't for there being two of them.

I find it laughable that you'll take the mick out of everything to do with the club but yet won't reveal your identity. wanker Come and have a pint with some of the fans some time and we can settle your burning vendetta against everything Redditch
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun May 12, 2013 11:34 am

rawlings09 wrote: but with a low budget and young team, surely any decent talent will be snapped up from any other team willing to offer more money, as has been the case for the last few seasons, nurturing young talent is one thing, keeping it is another, and with gates the way they are, we won't be contracting many players any time soon.

I completely agree with this, and it’s a point I have made before. Simple question to the club, how do you plan to retain talented young players?

Any half decent young player, good enough for this level, is going to attract attention from other clubs who can probably offer a lot more than we can both in wages and on field success. Can we get them on a contract? Is any talented young player going to sign a contract for £50 a week? For most, surely that is merely going to cover their expenses.

I’m all for building a team and bringing talented young players through. But if the club doesn’t have a budget big enough to retain them, then it’s a strategy that will inevitable fail. If the team doesn’t hit the ground running next season, crowds and match day income will fall further. And then what? A zero playing budget?

I really believe that we would be better off had we been relegated.

Last edited by del boy on Mon May 13, 2013 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  insider Sun May 12, 2013 12:35 pm

justin..........
do you really think you could jump 7 levels to manage the first team.

no one doubts youve done a good job with the reserves but the club would look realy stupid if they were to appoint you as first team manager,in my oppinion your no where near 12 months away,more like 5 years and at least 2 possibly 3 jobs at much better levels.

insider
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun May 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Fair play for Simon to come on this forum and making his views felt. He is clearly very disappointed with the way things turned out but he didn't come on here and the criticise the club but simply stated his point of view.

It's always tough when there is little money in the budget and I suspect it's frustrating when you keep missing out on players you know could make all the difference. Money isn't everything but I doubt whether any league has been won by the lowest paid team in it.

The next manager's job is to get the best from that limited budget and if it is to be Liam or Asa (or Kim) then at least they have had a year to get used to it and must realise what they are letting themselves in for.

I agree with Simon's view that the Worcester Senior cup final showed that we were never far away from having a decent side. That and the Chesham game were perfect examples of how close we have been to getting a decent side. Two games against play off teams and there was nothing to choose between us and them in either of them. Indeed we were probably the better side against Stourbridge.

We are truly at a crossroads at this club. A few decent results at the start of the season should get some of the old faces back on a regular basis and we can build the support back up, although it will take some time. A repeat of the last three or four years however and I absolutely dread to think what would happen to attendances. Supporter's faith and patience has been worn down to breaking point over that time.

Still, compare us to Worcester City (homeless and reportedly close to packing up), Kettering (another winding up order), Farnborough (in administration for the second time in six years), Aldershot (also going or will go into administration), Hereford (can't pay the players). I also believe both Truro and Salisbury are in trouble. Non league football finances are generally on a knife edge and all these problems are down to clubs 'chasing the dream' and never quite affording it. I don't ever want us to go down that path again. For now I will settle for mid table obscurity (as long as we can afford it !).

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

mattim wrote:

Still, compare us to Worcester City (homeless and reportedly close to packing up), Kettering (another winding up order), Farnborough (in administration for the second time in six years), Aldershot (also going or will go into administration), Hereford (can't pay the players). I also believe both Truro and Salisbury are in trouble. Non league football finances are generally on a knife edge and all these problems are down to clubs 'chasing the dream' and never quite affording it. I don't ever want us to go down that path again. For now I will settle for mid table obscurity (as long as we can afford it !).

Sailsbury have paid their debt to HMRC - http://www.salisburycity-fc.co.uk/further-statement-from-the-chairman. Worcester are begging for people to buy season tickets, they are well and truly Full of sh*t but they have all of this coming to them as they have had years to sort this out and have done sweet FA.

I want to see some football when we play at home and a manager who can find a striker (or 2) who actually knows where the goal is. We have not had one for bloody years and is the biggest problem with all of the managers we have had! It is not difficult, even giving a chance to a striker who scores goals at a lower level, look at Kiddy with Malborn, Rowe and a few others. I just do not see any of our recent managers actually give players from a lower level who will be hungry and up for it a chance.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Sun May 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Get Norman Sylla back, he won't be that difficult to find. Crying with laughter
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun May 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Redditch_Reject wrote:Yes, very good point Mrs Moor
Leavi is clearly not holding down a first team place, not been in the team all season. Also, he's obviously not good enough, never seen a player with less commitment or a lower work rate.

Warning : May Contain Sarcasm

Appologies Redditch Reject I was looking for Leavi not Oshungbure

Not too sure what this lad was doing playing for your reserves in the first place hardly an undiscovered talent according to your web site he’s played for England and was attached to a Pro-Club.

I don’t think I have been critical at all I have been in support of the Manager all season and can’t understand why he has been sacked. The Swans are complete idiots when it comes to football they simply want something for nothing or have a different agenda.

I agree with the youth project 100% but when you find these hidden gems how do you plan on keeping them, if you don’t have a decent budget they will simply move on. It’s all right Swan telling the press he’s going to flood the side with youth but if it was that easy everyone would be doing it. Why doesn’t one clever knob ask him how he is going to keep these youngsters when he does not have a budget. When Leamington or Stratford come along and offer £250.00 a week WHAT’S HE GONNA DO?.

You have posted that Justin should be the new manager and you obviously have faith in the Swans, enough said really. Perhaps the Swans should charge a tenner to watch the Champions of the MFC Reserve league to get the fans used to that winning feeling.

Why on earth do the Swans not appoint a Manager with a track record and a contact base at the level of football you play at, why do they insist on planning for failure season after season. They picked Simon so they should have given him time to make a fist of it, towards the end of the season you were getting some good results, shame on them.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Sun May 12, 2013 11:37 pm

"Appologies Redditch Reject I was looking for Leavi not Oshungbure" - my point exactly. You make comments based upon knowing nothing. If you new a little about the Reserves u would of known Leavi was Oshungbure and that he kept his first team place all season. What your saying is laughable at the highest extreme. Surely you would make your posts factual before posting and getting it all wrong. This is a free forum with freedom of speech but I really don't get why your so anti Redditch United.

Next bit is not a rant!

As for me being manager. You points are valid and I respect them. In my defence though let's not forget Andre Villas Boas and Jose Mourinho come from no where to become very successful high end managers. Both didn't really know how to kick a ball either. Managing is not just about experience. It's about nurturing talent on and off the field, scouting, man management, gaining respect and belief from your players, having a good playe knowledge, working with numbers in terms of budget, Tactics and picking the team is the easy part. A lot in here don't know me but I've proven with reserve players that I have some of the criteria to make a good southern prem manager. The biggest attribute I have is im confident!

I'm not going to comment on this post any more. Your opinions are valid concerning me and being a higher level manager. But to say I'm 5 years away or the club would make themselves look silly I feel is a little harsh. When is a young manager like me ever ready? when can a young manager get that break to prove his worth at higher levels? All managers have to have there first job and they either fail or do a AVB or Mourinho.

I'm more than happy with being the reserve manager and intend to remain in this post for the unforseable future. I'm merely posting my thoughts on defending young successful managers trying to make it in the game and being given a fair crack of the whip.

You Decide

Regards

Justin

Last edited by Justin.Fowkes on Sun May 12, 2013 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Outsider Looking In Mon May 13, 2013 2:01 am

What a shame that managers from the club feel the need to get embroiled in a debate on a forum page with the people who pay to watch the club.

Simon has gone, some people liked him some never Im sure its nothing personal but why is the Reserve Team manager still getting involved?

Justin - no-one can fault the job you are doing by winning the Reserves League and yes you have brought some players up through the ranks this season and there is no doubt you have been very busy this season recruiting good young talent and yes this is your job.

You have a chairman who clearly backs your approach and speaks very highly of you to the press, so why come on here and tell people how good you are. Great managers dont need to profile themselves on fans forum`s and whilst it is admirable that you are passionate about the club and the job you are doing, let people tell you how well you are doing not the other way round. You`ve gone public and said the Chairman told you that you are 12 months away from being a First Team manager, again whilst that`s a vote of confidence to you can you imagine what the new manager must be thinking, "Crikey, Ill get 12 months before I get the boot" - hardly instills stability or confidence for the new man.

My question to the club is - you have a sizeable Junior Section which feeds the Under 18s. You have a College course which is run by the club so straight away you have 40+ players at Under 18s. You have a reserves AND an Under 21s (again all at cost to the club I assume?) so you have plenty of players in the ranks but how many are good enough to step up through the ranks. I`ve watched the Under 18s, College and Reserves this season and seen lots of faces but how many are ready to step up. Putting a 16-18 year old on the bench for the 1st team is fine if he`s part of the plans, budget is probably the real reason that he`s a cheap option. Surely your better 16-18 year olds should be getting tested, why not send them on loan to a Midcomb Premier or MFA side where they can understand all about Open-Age football as the Reserve league standard is nowhere near as strong.

Just seems the club is having teams for the sake of it, that puts a massive financial burden on the club as well as heavy wear and tear on the pitch.

Outsider Looking In
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon May 13, 2013 5:40 am

I think Rawlings has hit the nail on the head with his post. If the club is looking at the long-term approach in growing our own team via the Reserves & Youth section, then there needs to be an incentive for the player to remain at the club.

Justin's doing a great job with the reserves IMO, but what's the point in developing these hot prospects if they're to be snapped up down the road for an extra couple of quid p/week and some football stickers?

Again, this is another reason why I feel an upgrade in facilities is so important to help compliment the growth of our youth/reserve section, as well as give players an incentive to stay. If I was playing for a club with poor facilities and was offered to join a club down the road with a better setup, I'd choose the latter.

I don't know what to expect of Liam, so I'll hold judgement until the new season is well underway. Good luck to him and I hope Chris has appointed the right man to take us forward.

Fair play to Simon Redhead for coming on here and saying his bit. I don't think this was a dig at the club and he has a right to defend himself against critics.
After all, this seems to be the only platform for communication between the club and fans. Best of luck in your next role Simon.

Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Mon May 13, 2013 5:55 am

Outsider Looking In wrote:What a shame that managers from the club feel the need to get embroiled in a debate on a forum page with the people who pay to watch the club.

Simon has gone, some people liked him some never Im sure its nothing personal but why is the Reserve Team manager still getting involved?

Justin - no-one can fault the job you are doing by winning the Reserves League and yes you have brought some players up through the ranks this season and there is no doubt you have been very busy this season recruiting good young talent and yes this is your job.

You have a chairman who clearly backs your approach and speaks very highly of you to the press, so why come on here and tell people how good you are. Great managers dont need to profile themselves on fans forum`s and whilst it is admirable that you are passionate about the club and the job you are doing, let people tell you how well you are doing not the other way round. You`ve gone public and said the Chairman told you that you are 12 months away from being a First Team manager, again whilst that`s a vote of confidence to you can you imagine what the new manager must be thinking, "Crikey, Ill get 12 months before I get the boot" - hardly instills stability or confidence for the new man.

My question to the club is - you have a sizeable Junior Section which feeds the Under 18s. You have a College course which is run by the club so straight away you have 40+ players at Under 18s. You have a reserves AND an Under 21s (again all at cost to the club I assume?) so you have plenty of players in the ranks but how many are good enough to step up through the ranks. I`ve watched the Under 18s, College and Reserves this season and seen lots of faces but how many are ready to step up. Putting a 16-18 year old on the bench for the 1st team is fine if he`s part of the plans, budget is probably the real reason that he`s a cheap option. Surely your better 16-18 year olds should be getting tested, why not send them on loan to a Midcomb Premier or MFA side where they can understand all about Open-Age football as the Reserve league standard is nowhere near as strong.

Just seems the club is having teams for the sake of it, that puts a massive financial burden on the club as well as heavy wear and tear on the pitch.

First of all I assure you im not "getting embroiled in a debate on a forum page with the people who pay to watch the club" My debate is with Mrs Moor who continuously posts hate towards the club and the people who are working hard off the scenes to bring back success and yet doesnt even know who Leavi is. Not sure that warrants any reserves are poor comments etc when you dont even know who you are talking about. Anybody who knows me knows that these posts are not about me profiling myself. Its about defending the work we are putting into the club to make us successful.

Secondly you have took my 12 months comment completely out of context, I wanted to state CLEARLY that I was not in the running for the job although there was a lot of rumors and speculation which I wanted to clear up. The chairmans comments about he felt in 12 months that I could be ready for that level may of been a confidense boost for me. Also your going out of context by stating ""Crikey, Ill get 12 months before I get the boot" Again your going way off the mark for no reason. The club is looking for nothing more than long term stability and im positive Liam will bring this!

"Surely your better 16-18 year olds should be getting tested, why not send them on loan to a Midcomb Premier or MFA side where they can understand all about Open-Age football as the Reserve league standard is nowhere near as strong." Wrong again in my opinion. We have played a number of Reserve teams this year with 6,7,8 first team players in. Recently we played Lichfield who openly admitted they had 6 first teamers in. So why in your opinion is this league week when these youngster are getting to play against Southern Prem, Northern Prem and Conference players? Tamworth play some very good players and no doubt will in our cup final on Wednesday. Im sure Stu Hendrie (ex pro), Jake Healy (ex pro), Elliot Turner (ex pro) will all figure as well as others who are Tamworth fringe players and have figured in many reserve games throughout there season. Why would my players want to play against mfc prem players or mfa players when they can play against higher level players in the reserve league? For development purposes the reserves are definately in the right league and every single 1 of them is developing in the right manner going forward.

With all due respect your name says it all and again your opinions are valid as are others, but valid does not mean they are right and so hopefully I have made things a little clearer.

Im here purely to give a insight into myself and the reserves. I have no agenda whatsoever. If u want to make unfactual comments then your well within your rights to do so but im here to give you facts and give you fans and non fans as much information as possible to what what the youth system aims to achieve in the future.

Regards

Justin

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Mon May 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Justin.Fowkes wrote:First of all I assure you im not "getting embroiled in a debate on a forum page with the people who pay to watch the club" My debate is with Mrs Moor who continuously posts hate towards the club and the people who are working hard off the scenes to bring back success and yet doesnt even know who Leavi is. Not sure that warrants any reserves are poor comments etc when you dont even know who you are talking about. Anybody who knows me knows that these posts are not about me profiling myself. Its about defending the work we are putting into the club to make us successful.

What a funny chap you are, I have supported every Manager bar one on this forum and therefore I am a poster of hate. I believe Swan is a chancer who wants something for nothing, I believe he has let the fans down and has no idea how to turn the club around it’s one relegation battle after another. He offers no stability for the club by constantly sacking Managers and seems unable or unwilling to appoint anyone with a proven track record.

Look you can’t have it both ways Justin? you told me to focus on statistics you claimed they don’t lie so that is what I did. I have no idea who Leavi is but I now gather he was an England international so I doubt very much that your input had any bearing on the lad’s quality of performance. Just out of interest how did you find this hidden gem and how did you persuade him to join Redditch reserves?

I think most of your posts are made to widen your profile and to be honest some are embarrassing, the Youth team have a major final this week but we don’t see their manager spouting the rubbish you are.

I happen to think the money spent on a poor reserve side would be better spent on two or three quality players for the first team. I am sorry that upsets you, however Redditch should have been relegated this season and therefore the players were simply not good enough even the ones you provided.

If you find a good young lad in the youth team then put him on contract and given him a run in the MFC or Allaince for a year. Playing for your reserves is neither here or there the standard is awful the problem is Swan knows nothing and can’t see it.

All the best in your Cup Final this week.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Mon May 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Justin.Fowkes wrote:First of all I assure you im not "getting embroiled in a debate on a forum page with the people who pay to watch the club" My debate is with Mrs Moor who continuously posts hate towards the club and the people who are working hard off the scenes to bring back success and yet doesnt even know who Leavi is. Not sure that warrants any reserves are poor comments etc when you dont even know who you are talking about. Anybody who knows me knows that these posts are not about me profiling myself. Its about defending the work we are putting into the club to make us successful.

Look you can’t have it both ways Justin? you told me to focus on statistics you claimed they don’t lie so that is what I did. I have no idea who Leavi is but I now gather he was an England international so I doubt very much that your input had any bearing on the lad’s quality of performance. Just out of interest how did you find this hidden gem and how did you persuade him to join Redditch reserves?

I think most of your posts are made to widen your profile and to be honest some are embarrassing, the Youth team have a major final this week but we don’t see their manager spouting the rubbish you are.

I happen to think the money spent on a poor reserve side would be better spent on two or three quality players for the first team. I am sorry that upsets you, however Redditch should have been relegated this season and therefore the players were simply not good enough even the ones you provided.

If you find a good young lad in the youth team then put him on contract and given him a run in the MFC or Allaince for a year. Playing for your reserves is neither here or there the standard is awful the problem is Swan knows nothing and can’t see it.

All the best in your Cup Final this week.

all of this Mrs moor and I bet you have not even been to one game an seem the potential of players such as leavi and jermain and even brad have played this year has been better than some of the players we have get in the squad. Justin obvs knows what he is doing and that's why he is the reserves manger and not any lower. I all due respect Mrs moor if u cant say anything good about the team then don't bother posting.
westo22
westo22
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Mon May 13, 2013 11:47 pm

I do think that this is getting really petty. Lets just leave this post now agree to disagree. The fact of the matter is we have a reserve side and that's final. Justin is doing a good job but its all about getting players into the first team not winning leagues or cups. The main team at the club is first team so lets just concentrate on giving mr McDonald the support he needs. Good luck Liam spoke to a few people within the game and they think its a bold but good appoint and belive he will do really well.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Wed May 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Redditch_Reject wrote:Get Norman Sylla back, he won't be that difficult to find. Crying with laughter

His brothers at the Villa Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu May 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Good luck to Liam...big job ahead.

Yes..smallest budget in the league...that will not change anytime soon...but some great youngsters to blend into a team to play a better style of football.

Well done to all the reserve team players & coaching staff....wonderful achievement

Onwards & upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu May 16, 2013 2:53 pm

I am quite excited with Liam's appointment as manager and feel that he will bring some real positives to the club and his contacts will hopefully unearth some solid experienced players to compliment the youth.

I would really like us to keep Kim Casey to help Liam next season, he was by far the most positive signing last season and he really knows his stuff and is also a winner.

A core of players from last season to keep would be great, Gary Moran, Will Richards, Callum Flanagan especially as they performed consistently throughout the season. If we can get a solid keeper and a centre forward who knows where the goal is then we will improve significantly. Would also like to see Asa stay as he did a good job over the course of the season on the pitch and we need that experience.

If the pitch can be improved over the course of the summer by the chap who joined mid season it would help matters as the players last season were scared playing on it and had little confidence. A good start in the league and a run in the FA Cup would also help to attract fans back to the club.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2