Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rik Mayall / Kevin Turvey

4 posters

Go down

Rik Mayall / Kevin Turvey Empty Rik Mayall / Kevin Turvey

Post  del boy Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:24 pm

A bit before my time but according to Wikipedia, "Turvey, an awkward and socially inept character who spoke with a broad west Midlands accent, was a self-styled "investigative journalist" who still lived with his mother, wore a shapeless blue anorak, fancied a local girl called Theresa Kelly (who was never depicted), and rarely ventured outside his home town of Redditch.[2] Each week, his "investigations" amounted to little more than an over-excited, rambling, uninformed monologue delivered straight to camera.[3]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsiRknynMpo

Skip to 17:10 for the interesting part! About 81/82 I believe.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Rik Mayall / Kevin Turvey Empty Re: Rik Mayall / Kevin Turvey

Post  Mr Bonehead Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Sadly I'm old enough to just about remember Kevin Turvey. I don't think he did much for image of Redditch, he was always going on about the Kingfisher Centre. As for that accent... not exactly "old town" is it! It was part of the "Kick up the eighties" sketch show. Talking of which, whatever happened to Tracey Ullman and that other bloke Copperfield? I seem to remember "Not the nine o'clock news" was on about the same time. Who can remember O.T.T., the adult version of Tiswas that was on late on Saturday nights?
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  onlyme Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:14 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:Sadly I'm old enough to just about remember Kevin Turvey. I don't think he did much for image of Redditch, he was always going on about the Kingfisher Centre. As for that accent... not exactly "old town" is it! It was part of the "Kick up the eighties" sketch show. Talking of which, whatever happened to Tracey Ullman and that other bloke Copperfield? I seem to remember "Not the nine o'clock news" was on about the same time. Who can remember O.T.T., the adult version of Tiswas that was on late on Saturday nights?

David Copperfield starred in Three of a Kind with Lenny Henry and Tracey Ullman His real name is Stanley Barlow , works and lives near Tiverton in Devon.

onlyme
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Funny this thread should be started now, check out the latest addition to my cricket flag Wink

Rik Mayall / Kevin Turvey 1044429_10153048886715495_1792791262_n
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down