Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixtures 13-14

+5
del boy
Terrace Guy
Bob Marley
Red86
RockDJ
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fixtures 13-14 Empty Fixtures 13-14

Post  RockDJ Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:40 am

Below are our fixtures for the year....sorry but that is the best format I can get them in at the moment.....DJ

Sat Aug 17 Arlesey Town H
Tue Aug 20 Bedford Town A
Sat Aug 24 Weymouth A
Mon Aug 26 Stourbridge H
Sat Aug 31 St. Neots Town A F.A. Cup Prelim
Mon Sep 2 Hungerford Town H
Sat Sep 7 Banbury United H
Tue Sep 17 Chippenham Town A
Sat Sep 21 Biggleswade Town H
Wed Sep 25 Red Insure Cup Prelim
Sat Oct 5 Hemel Hempstead Town A F.A. Trophy Prelim
Tue Oct 8 Burnham A
Sat Oct 12 Hitchin Town H F.A. Cup Q3
Wed Oct 16 Red Insure Cup 1
Sat Oct 19 F.A. Trophy Q1
Mon Oct 21 Bideford H
Sat Oct 26 Chesham United A F.A. Cup Q4
Tue Oct 29 Hungerford Town A
Sat Nov 2 St. Neots Town H F.A. Trophy Q2
Mon Nov 4 Chippenham Town H
Sat Nov 9 Banbury United A F.A. Cup 1
Wed Nov 13 Red Insure Cup 2
Sat Nov 16 Cambridge City A F.A. Trophy 3Q
Sat Nov 23 Corby Town H
Mon Nov 25 Frome Town H
Sat Nov 30 Truro City A F.A. Trophy 1
Sat Dec 7 A.F.C. Totton H F.A. Cup 2
Sat Dec 14 Poole Town A F.A. Trophy 2
Sat Dec 21 St. Albans City H
Thu Dec 26 Stourbridge A
Sat Dec 28 Bedford Town H
Wed Jan 1 Hinckley United H
Sat Jan 4 Bashley A F.A. Cup 3
Wed Jan 8 Red Insure Cup 3
Sat Jan 11 Cambridge City H F.A. Trophy 3
Sat Jan 18 Corby Town A
Sat Jan 25 Frome Town A F.A. Cup 4
Sat Feb 1 Truro City H F.A. Trophy 4
Wed Feb 5 Red Insure Cup 4
Sat Feb 8 A.F.C. Totton A
Sat Feb 15 Poole Town H F.A. Cup 5 / F.A. Trophy Semi-Final (1)
Sat Feb 22 St. Albans City A
Wed Feb 27 Red Insure Cup Semi-Final
Sat Mar 1 Hemel Hempstead Town H F.A. Trophy Semi-Final (2)
Sat Mar 8 Biggleswade Town A F.A. Cup 6
Sat Mar 15 Burnham H
Wed Mar 19 Red Insure Cup Final (1)
Sat Mar 22 Hitchin Town A F.A. Trophy Final
Sat Mar 29 Chesham United H
Sat Apr 5 Bideford A
Wed Apr 9 Red insure Cup Final (2)
Sat Apr 12 Arlesey Town A F.A. Cup Semi-Final
Sat Apr 19 Weymouth H
Mon Apr 21 Hinckley United A
Sat Apr 26 Bashley H
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Fixtures 13-14 Empty Re: Fixtures 13-14

Post  Red86 Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 am

Lets hope this weather hangs around for Weymouth away:) 

Red86
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:07 am

Hey..how did the 1st team get on v Pershore?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:35 am

Did anyone even go?
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:43 am

Reds won 5-0 according to the Facebook page.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks Del

That's encouraging...been over to Pershore a few times over the last few seasons to see us toil and come away with very little.

Still...not letting early season optimism change the reality that it will be another tough season.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

As 'meaningless' as friendly's are, a 5-0 win is better than a 5-0 loss....now that would concern me!!! But as you said, it's encouraging if nothing else.

A good start in the league will be so important for the club, perhaps more important this season than any other in recent memory? A couple of half decent cup runs won't hurt either!! It will help to maintain the pre/early season optimism. A bad start and I worry that people will give up rather quickly after the horror season that we have just had to endure. No pressure Liam!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:48 pm

I went and redditch played some very nice football against all be it a fairly mediocre side. Good fast one touch football on a surface not dis-similar to the valley! Few of us there and overall we were impressed, 3or 4 very accomplished players on show (let's hope they sign and stay) Having said all this pershore were not good ( tho they were dishing out some rough tackles!) and we do look a young side. A much stiffer test will be the Gosport game at home. Definitely worth coming down to have a look at that, if we play the same kind of football we did on Tuesday then I think there will be a few suprised people!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:01 am

I would remind everybody about the pre season results being really good these last few years and then the season starts and we are a load of Full of sh*t 
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:55 am

That's true, but we must surely start the season with optimism. Would be great if we could start off with a few good results and get a few more coming to the games and get a bit of atmosphere down there.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:34 am

oldtommo wrote:That's true, but we must surely start the season with optimism. Would be great if we could start off with a few good results and get a few more coming to the games and get a bit of atmosphere down there.

Agreed fella but I think to many regulars have departed and won't be seen
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:36 pm

I dont think i've ever looked forward to a season less. When we were on our knees in the final season of the CN we still had a barmy army of followers who guaranteed a camaraderie and jovial atmosphere around the place. This carried on in to the first season of the Southern Prem because we actually had a team who looked the same week in week out by the end with players who seemed to give a damn about the shirt and fans. The run up to last season (failing to keep Hyde and any player worth their salt) and the whole of last season was a wreck with the reds regularly turning out without a full subs bench, a player merry go round, a lack of communication from the club and an eroded fanbase as a result.
So seriously tell me where the hope is? We have a 28 year old manager who will be off the second he shows any potential with a youthful team who will do the same. You cannot build a successful squad on mercenaries so please tell me why this is being advertised as a revolution as we're not stupid..
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01 pm

As hopeful as I am, it's hard to disagree with much of the above. The clubs strategy is out of necessity rather than choice. Describing things as a revolution is a bit desperate really. As you say, people aren't stupid. That said, calling the players mercenaries is a bit harsh. I doubt the club is paying enough to attract 'mercenaries'..... just young, honest lads wanting a platform to progress.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:20 pm

I must admit I’m looking forward to the start of the season. The team is coming along nicely and in both the friendlies so far we have tried wherever possible to play the ball along the ground. In Conteh & Troy we have two promising centre backs, strong and good in the air. With Patterson, Reece & Ahenkorah we have pace, experience and goals and Harry Austin in the 2 games I’ve watched could be one of the best prospects we’ve had in a long time.
New revolution may be stretching it a bit but I’ve certainly seen enough to be encouraged.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:52 am

I sincerely hope the team prove me wrong and it sounds like there's some good players about but are any fully contracted?
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:14 pm

If decent players are not contracted they will be snapped up by clubs who can pay half decent, such as Stratford, Leamongton etc
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Exactly my point. So as no one is willing to come up with a definitive list of contracted players and others then surely we can assume that none are contracted and next season will be much the same as the last one! As previously stated i hope im wrong
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:43 pm

I can only guess what the playing budget is, but it all comes down to money. No player is going to sign a contact at this level for £50 a week. Again I'm guessing, but a contracted player is going to cost the club at least £200-£300 per week. It seems fairly obvious that we simply can't afford to do so.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:00 am

If my memory serves me correct and I have not had chance to look but I'm sure the club have said in the press that there won't be and contracts, if I'm right I can see both sides. Yes if they are good but not contracted they can be snapped up, however on contract you have a couple of big issues,one if they are long term injured (Hickman) the club still has to pay him but at the same time replace/cover for him and two contracted players tend to drop a gear knowing their job is safe. Having not seen the team yet I can't speculate on quality though I'm sure I will have a opinion after Thursdays game,as usual I hope this season will be better than last. Going to Solihull Moors tonight as a guest to watch them play blues, hope to see some of the old Rufc family and sink the odd pint.
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm

I remind you all again...the $22k loan just paid off by TRUST members was taken out by previous Directors to pay contracted players....do you want your club to go down that route again?

How many players passing through at our level would command a transfer fee?

Please remember where this club is and stop living in the past which was artificial and unsustainable.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:45 am

Just to come back on this point....as soon as a player is under contract, the club has an obligation to pay the player until a point that the player leaves the club (by mutual consent or by transfer)...how does the club at our level benefit by having players on contract? I think we have the business acumen to quickly react if we see a real star...but I still do not see the added value by making such a financial commitment for what return?

If a player's head is turned by $20 more per week, having a contract or not will not make that much difference IMO.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 am

Steve,

Fair enough. I just hope the club would indeed be quick enough to act if we ever had a superstar coming through to ensure the club got something out of it. I also believe we got nothing for Sylla or Big X due to crap admin back in the day despite them playing on contracts?
Are you coming over the pond for any games this year mate?
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I remind you all again...the $22k loan just paid off by TRUST members was taken out by previous Directors to pay contracted players....do you want your club to go down that route again?

How many players passing through at our level would command a transfer fee?

Please remember where this club is and stop living in the past which was artificial and unsustainable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I don't think anyone is suggesting the club spends money it can't afford. But at the same time, the 'sustainable' strategy is becoming more unsustainable with each season that passes. I wonder if we as club are even viable? Certainly not at this level.

I think that what is frustrating fans, is that we are being led to believe that we are investing in youth and team building for the future. This is simply not true. We are just stumbling along from one season to the next, and it's an insult to our intelligence to hear otherwise.

I certainly don't wish for the club to be mismanaged for short term glory, but sustainability last season meant an absolute horror show.

P.S. Not directly relevant to this thread, but a little reminder of what happens when things go wrong. http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/leisure-sites/82255-kettering-town-football-club-northamptonshire-july-2013-a.html
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Del.

I was talking to my brother in June when I was in the UK for a few days.
He is now heavily involved with the Youth set up at the Reds.

I can tell you that the youth teams are now very well organized, contributing to the playing system and the financials of the 1st team...as well as being involved with the day to day improvement of the club.

Is it perfect? No, for sure not....but from what I knew of before & what I see now.....the difference is day & night.
The youth teams are not going to turn into the Crewe Academy in 3 weeks...it takes time, dedication & bloody hard work.

The club is completely different than 2 years ago....can it sustain football at this level?
No....you saw the budget prepared by Plan B 4 years ago...the deficit was 100k per year back then....OK, less now...but still negative.

The club has a new shirt sponsor...do you know how difficult that is in today's climate? Fantastic to everyone involved with that deal.

I really think we have to give a reality check to all events RUFC...despite what others try to tell you on forums etc...go speak to Chris, Dave, Julian, Justin, Liam....they will answer all your questions.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm aware of the extensive youth team setup, and yes it is impressive.

But there is a huge difference between it providing a modest on-going revenue for the club, compared to actually providing talented first team players. We could have the best youth team set up in the world, but if we have no strategy to retain them or profit from them, then it's all mostly in vain.  I appreciate that it's not viable for us, or normally desirable, to put players on a contract. But any half decent player won't stay in our first team for long, they will simple move on to a new club for better football, better money etc. So how exactly can we build for the future?

At the start of next season, we'll have a new manager and a completely new set of players and the 'revolution' will start over again... again. Financially, we'll be none the better for it.

As for the kit, it's great that the club has found a commercial partner for the kit sponsorship. I saw the shirt on the Facebook page and it does look pretty decent!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next