Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skabucks This Friday

+4
RockDJ
oldtommo
tho101
RedJeff
8 posters

Go down

Skabucks This Friday Empty Skabucks This Friday

Post  RedJeff Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:05 am

This Friday night the Red’s Bar plays host to the fabulous Skabucks band playing top class covers from Madness, The Specials, The Beat and many more. Tickets are £6 advance and £7 on the door with concessions for members. Call Jim on 07773062278 for for purchasing and reservations.Beer Cheers 
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Skabucks This Friday Empty Re: Skabucks This Friday

Post  tho101 Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:57 am

please dont tell me the club are advertising such an event 24 hrs before it starts on the fans forum??

i hope they have already sold lots of tickets because i doubt very much people will read this thread and decide to go at such late notice!!

tho101
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:49 am

It's not from the club, as a fan I put it up as a reminder. I believe this gig has been publicised by the club for at least 2 months and has been in the news paper this week. I think it will be a sell out as the band are very good, just being helpful mate.
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:54 am

There have been posters an fliers up at the club for at least 3 weeks and yes it has been in the Advertiser!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 am

Grrrrrrr.   As Jeff says there have been posters up at the club for 2 months. It has been on the Website for 2 months. We have spent good money on the advertiser for at least a couple of weeks. It's been advertised on Facebook since the end of June. Head against wall 

I'm sure Jim would be able to comment on the event better than me but by all accounts it's proving very popular with very few tickets left.
Can't see me being their though as I'm far to old & grumpy to enjoy it but you never know. lol!
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:46 am

RockDJ wrote:Grrrrrrr.   As Jeff says there have been posters up at the club for 2 months. It has been on the Website for 2 months. We have spent good money on the advertiser for at least a couple of weeks. It's been advertised on Facebook since the end of June. Head against wall 

I'm sure Jim would be able to comment on the event better than me but by all accounts it's proving very popular with very few tickets left.
Can't see me being their though as I'm far to old & grumpy to enjoy it but you never know. lol!
My point exactly, this event has been well publicised by the club, and it appears this has been successful if ticket sales are good. If your not going, how come ii saw you up town buying a new pair of brogues and a crombie??
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:00 am

oldtommo wrote:
RockDJ wrote:Grrrrrrr.   As Jeff says there have been posters up at the club for 2 months. It has been on the Website for 2 months. We have spent good money on the advertiser for at least a couple of weeks. It's been advertised on Facebook since the end of June. Head against wall 

My point exactly, this event has been well publicised by the club, and it appears this has been successful if ticket sales are good. If your not going, how come ii saw you up town buying a new pair of brogues and a crombie??
Much too much, information there mate lol
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Great night down the valley tonight, the band are excellent, they are creating a good atmosphere, shame there are only 2 RUFC fans in a crowd of 50. You all come on here and moan about the club not doing this and not doing that! Now we have a good night organised with a chance to boost funds and help pay for all these superstar footballers you want to see down here winning leagues etc. and you all decide to stay at home!! Please don't come on here moaning when you can't be bothered to show your faces any time there is a good night offered. Enjoy your cocoa!!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Pissed?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Tipsy maybe, but at least I spent my beer tokens at football club. Was a pathetic turn out by so called supporters tonight!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:36 am

Well said Tommo, your absolutely right. Unfortunately and unforseen I was in Berkshire till 11pm, I let Jim know and told him to sell on my ticket, this was a missed opportunity. It seems the only ideas fans will back are the free entry day ones, yes I moan but I also help the club. To only get 2 regulars is I'm afraid a joke, but hey at least people can now not moan about entry or budget.
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:48 am

Many fans spend hundreds of pounds a year, regularly supporting the club on match days. On top of the £10 admission, money is spent on food, programmes, in the bar etc.

But these same regular, loyal supporters should feel guilty for not attending a music event in the clubhouse? An event that perhaps they have zero interest in? We are a football club. Sorry guys, but this is an unbelievable attitude.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:06 am

I agree its pathetic that people don't go to an event that they have no interest in, just because its hosted by the football club they support.

Its great that they are putting on events and I hope they do well, but its ludicrous to expect people to turn up just because they go for the football.

If anything its a good thing the majority aren't football regulars; you had 48 people to sell the club too and try and get back through the gates today. Surely that's better than the same 50 people time in, time out?

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:50 am

I had work early this morning, else I'd have gone!<3
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:08 am

I have no interest in going to see this type of event thank you very much. It is great the club have put this event on and have advertised it successfully and it has proved a success.

But the club is a football club, the challenge we all have is we do not believe that the admission price is value for money at a tenner. Each fan will have their own interests and ideas which a lot of the time the club will not take up or other fans will not agree.

The comment about free entry I am afraid is so wide of the mark and a pretty poor effort at getting a reaction. The point made on here to the club is about non league day and using this day for the benefit of the club, it is up to the club to help themselves and I think a gate of 183 on the opening game of the season proves something.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down