Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Stourbridge

+10
lewism5964
arsene
nevergreen
RedJeff
Justin.Fowkes
Leethall
Redditch_Reject
Captain Carlin
oldtommo
in2thevalley
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Predictions for Stourbridge Empty Predictions for Stourbridge

Post  in2thevalley Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:12 am

predictions please.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Stourbridge Empty Re: Predictions for Stourbridge

Post  in2thevalley Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:20 am

Reds 1-2 A Yorkshire mans answer to a famous London attraction on the river Thames designed by Sir Horace Jones, att 242
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:30 am

Reds 0-3 consecutive sharp bends in a road upon which a band is playing gigs with some remedial dental work. ATT 222
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:03 am

RUFC 1 (Hands) Stourbridge 3 Att 352
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:35 am

Reds 1 - 4 Redditch United first team from years gone by (Patterson) Att 324
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 am

Redditch 0 Stourbridge 4 Attendance 316
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Redditch 1-3 Stourbridge

Had the pleasure of watching Stourbridge Saturday. They were 3-0 down at HT and looked in for a pasting against a very good Chesham side. Fortunately Stourbridge got back into the game and ended up 3-2. Seemed the wind had a big part to play in the game. Chesham scored all there goals in first half kicking into the wind which was heading from Birchensale school to the back stand. Second half, Chesham kicking into the wind found it more difficult.

See what tomorrow brings. :-)

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:35 am

Reds 2 - ex reds 1 ATT 234
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 am

reds 1 molyneux sourbridge 3 att 310
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 am

Reds 1-2 stourbridge molyneux 252
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:27 am

Think it is glaringly obvious we need some new centre halves after today's game, couldn't of looked more out of their depth. Stourbridge are a good side but practically all the goals we conceded were down to poor defending.What was frustrating was that we were taking the game to them before they took the lead, after that we rushed everything or dithered about. Was a great goal by Edwin out of nothing though.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 am

terrible comical defending at times....will richards played well at centre half for them, what is it with players going elsewhere and finding their feet in totally different positions. Maybe we should just put current centre halfs upfront and bring patterson in at the back
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 pm

I only managed to get there for the second half but the defending was absolutely shocking. The No 5 gave away 3 of the goals and it is evident that an older, experienced and competent centre half is required. Thought we looked decent going forward but everytime Stour attacked it was like knife through butter.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Two centre backs terribly out of their depth. Austin a good prospect, but needs to get back so much more, as he is a mile away from being the full package. New left- back was alright, considering. Have to say that Sam Hornby was unlucky with the defence today. Apart from the second, he was at fault for none of the goals and made a few decent saves.

We need experience at the back.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Very poor result...albeit against one of the strongest teams in the league IMO.

I hope we can learn very quickly...we will have to before the death spiral starts again; aka last season.

I was enthused by the result against Bedford...but 2 heavy losses will dent the confidence of the young players and Liam will have to move quickly to restore some faith...both on and off the pitch.

It's never easy.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Bob Marley wrote:

I hope we can learn very quickly...we will have to before the death spiral starts again; aka last season.

Bob, I know it's still early days, but the downward spiral from last season hasn't really stopped. The season so far has been a continuation and we have simply started off from where we left off. Any new season optimism has or will evaporate very quickly.

From a 300+ crowd I'd guess that close to half, if not more, were Stourbridge fans. That's really bad for us for a home bank holiday fixture. To be fair, there was a light sprinkling of good things to say about the performance, but mostly it was bad. Misplaced passes, poor first touches and shambolic defending. We struggled with the very basics of football. Stourbridge could easily have reached double figures.

It was so vitally important for the team to get off to a good start this season. They haven't. Of course, all is not lost, but there is going to have to be an immediate and dramatic turnaround of form. Sadly, I can't see that happening and can only predict that crowds around the 100 mark are going to become the norm. Indeed, I doubt more than 70-80 will be at the next home game. At this moment in time, I just can not see myself having the enthusiasm to go.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Performance was pretty woeful to be fair. I felt slightly hard done by in paying a tenner.

We have 4-5 decent players, I can't name them as I'm a bit out of touch with the current squad! We seriously lack experienced/seasoned players.
A striker is a must, we had several clear chances to pull the trigger but the attempts were shocking , the hardest shot Deano had to deal with was a dodgy pass back in the 2nd half.
Throw in 2 solid defenders and we'll have a foundation.

Not sure why Handsy isn't captain, he's one of the more experienced players in the side and always puts in a shift.

Early days, I wouldn't write us off just yet but this defeat will take some serious recovery. This is where all eyes are on Liam to ensure the response in our next game is the right one.

On a side note the ground looks so much better now that green thing has gone! The black seats in the allotment end don't look out of place either.

Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 am

Our home form for the last 2 seasons has been shocking and does not draw in crowds! The away form always seems to be a lot better. Love to see the stats.

Players cannot blame the state of the pitch as it looks brilliant and big congratulations to Dipple.

Also heard that the ground has been sold? Any news?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm

There are always rumours about the the ground sale...going back several years now.

In the Pete Finnegan time...he was working very closely with the council and new plans where validated for the new ground in Washford.
I gave those drawings to Mr Swan when he took over the reigns at the club.

The stumbling block has always been the finances...and the political pawn RUFC was between Conservatives and Labour due to the ongoing debt for rent and rates going back to the Cremin years.

Pete and the Directors at the time had someone who would build the ground but the council had no cash (just after the 2008 crash)...so everything fell away and all the hard work was lost.
I believe Persimmon homes withdrew an offer to buy the Valley at the same time...so all plans were shelved.

Look, it doesn't need a scientist to see that the Valley is not a suitable cash machine to support half of RUFC needs to continue to play at any decent level...we need an all weather facility and suitable social capabilities.

With the pressure on the council to build more homes, I am pretty sure the Valley is prime real estate again....so it would not surprise me if the ground has been sold by RBC whilst a suitable location is found and developed to suit the needs of a club like RUFC.

It would not surprise me if Studley FC's income wasn't more than RUFC with their facilities...and yet we expect to operate at a completely different level??
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:56 pm

i dont think that studley f c income would be more than reds as i beleave that the ground is not theirs. i beleave they rent the ground and also that they dont get income off their 3g pitch,i should imagine the only income they get maybe from the bar but i dont think they would get that either.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 am

alottmentender wrote:i dont think that studley f c income would be more than reds as i beleave that the ground is not theirs. i beleave they rent the ground and also that they dont get income off their 3g pitch,i should imagine the only income they get maybe from the bar but i dont think they would get that either.
Didn't know that...OK, Stratford then.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
alottmentender wrote:i dont think that studley f c income would be more than reds as i beleave that the ground is not theirs. i beleave they rent the ground and also that they dont get income off their 3g pitch,i should imagine the only income they get maybe from the bar but i dont think they would get that either.
Didn't know that...OK, Stratford then.
Studley FC do not get owt from the grounbd they play at as it is owned by somebody else. He makes a killing out of the facility and is cashing in I believe
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:50 pm

To be fair, whether Studley FC own the ground or not is irrelevant. The point that Bob raises is still valid. No matter who owns it, their facility is surely raising much greater revenues than at the Valley Stadium. That is what we need, the ability to raise significant non-matchday revenues.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm

There is a big assumption here...why would any additional income be ploughed into the playing budget as it has been said this needs to be aligned to match day attendances?!

I would imagine any excess money made from new revenue streams, such as artificial pitches, will be taken as profit.
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 pm

I guess we can only hope that any future increased revenues will be invested into the playing budget!!! At the moment, I don't think we have anything else to look forward to and give us optimism for the future. If potential future revenues aren't for the good of the club, then that would probably be it for me. To be fair, it also does depend on how any future investment may be funded. There will no doubt be a pay back period before the club would see the real benefits. Time will tell!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next