Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done to the gaffer

4 posters

Go down

Well done to the gaffer Empty Well done to the gaffer

Post  westo22 Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Well done to the gaffer for changeling the resale a round. I'd just like to know where the old reds have gone to let's hope this new reds stay this way as it's going to be an epic journey thought out this season
westo22
westo22
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Well done to the gaffer Empty Re: Well done to the gaffer

Post  Terrace Guy Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:58 am

Was just logging on to pretty much say the same thing! Great result yet again last night with a direct free kick that would be on the Premier Leagues highlight reel, a well worked second and another confident Headley penalty.

If Liam is reading this then well done! It was well publicised that you were fed up of getting stick on here after the start but I can safely say that watching the team now compared to the start of the season is like night and day. We are now soundly beating teams we had already lost to this season (Hungerford/Chippenham) and this team is playing better than any we have had since relegation from the Conference North and for some time before that.

As per usual the downer was the attendance yet again. I suppose that no matter what day you put games on midweek you cant win against an armchair and the warmth. Here's hoping that the attendance picks up on our next saturday home game.

UTR
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:59 am

It really has been an amazing turnaround of results from only a few weeks ago.

Just that bit of confidence has obviously made a huge difference..as well as changes in personnel, of course.

It just seems so strange to check the league position (from the bottom of the table up....we are Reds fans!)...and not to find us until half way!!! I am just not used to it.

I hope Liam continues with this mindset of success...we are all so used to bubbles bursting...landing with a bump....it is just so nice to see the success and the good feeling spreading throughout the ranks.

UTR...onwards & upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Totally agree with you TG regarding the attendance, disappointing after such a good run of form. The Southern Prem this season seems to be  generally disappointing attendance wise. Hungerford only got 98 against us the other week despite the fact they had been doing reasonably well, and Chesham have gone top after a 3-0 home win against Banbury, attendance; 264 !

That's a poor effort for the top of the table in this league. I can't help but feel the Southern Prem is a slightly overpriced product. With the way the economy has been and with people's budgets being squeezed all the time a tenner a go is a bit much for many folks.I suspect quite a few haven't actually stopped going to games but have certainly stopped going to every game.

I confidently believe that this team, playing like it is at the moment but with better facilities (like the ones being proposed) and at perhaps 7 or 8 quid a go and combined with some decent marketing/PR could easily pick up a lot of new support and get 400 to 500 every game. We would certainly be better off financially with that than 200 at a tenner.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum