Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting Line Up

4 posters

Go down

Starting Line Up Empty Starting Line Up

Post  Redditch boy Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 am

Not sure about the rest of you but the starting line up changes every game ! . Pick 11 and stick with them for a few games on and off the bench each week no good for any player at any level ? UTR

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Starting Line Up Empty Re: Starting Line Up

Post  del boy Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:10 pm

When you have such a high turnover of players, as you inevitably do at this level of football, I guess it's a tough decision to make. Team selections are also made for reasons that we as fans are not privy to.

That said, I think we look look quite stable/solid in defense and midfield. And GK has not been a problem position for a long time. The problem is the forwards.

Ever since we lost Hylton & Spencer last season, we have seen a high turnover of forwards / strikers, none of whom has been anywhere near good enough. Quite frankly, most of them have been so bad they have not deserved another chance.  In the two home games that I have seen so far this season, nothing has changed. Our forwards have been woefully short of what is needed at this level of football. I've seen little evidence that anyone of them should be playing at this level of football. Mcdonald's high turnover of attacking players suggests that he is struggling to fill this position and this is inevitably down to the playing budget, good strikers cost money....money that we don't have to spend. Hopefully some of our newer signings will come good and prove me wrong!!

Last edited by del boy on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Did Daniel Dubidat play last night?

I thought he was the next big thing....?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:23 pm

He was a late substitute, playing the last 20 minutes or so. Too soon to judge for now.  I think he has been injured in the early part of this season so far? His age, experience and recent record could suggest that he will be an improvement on what we have had since we lost Hylton and Spencer. Fingers crossed!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:16 pm

My point was 4 games in and not one position has remained the same defence midfield or strikers.. Pick your best starting 11 and stick with them for a few game all the swapping and changing can not be good for young players .... Strikers will be the worry this season for sure! But the manager has spoken very highly in reports in the paper about them all yet swaps and changes them every game .. Personally I would like to see us stick with a starting 11 to try and get some consistency back with players not scared that their place is under threat every game IMO...UTR

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  kingus Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:36 am

I think that if we had started the season with a bang, and played the kind of football we all want to see, then he would be foolish to change the team. But, as it is, I am happy to see Liam try and find the right team and balance.

I'm pretty convinced we'll come good, and we'll settle down into a small group of players who get plenty of game time. It's just early in the season, with a few new faces who need to bed in.
kingus
kingus

http://www.oaps.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:35 am

Yet again the side changes and yet again we fail to score !!! Playing with a wide player and a defender in center midfield yet two midfielders on the bench that didn't get on ..strikers change again too !!! Please someone explain ?? All this swapping and changing is obviously not working . UTR

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:19 am

Maybe Liam knows what his strongest team is, but has not yet been able to field it? He could be moving towards his first choice 11 as players become available again. Dubidat, for example, has just come back from injury. He looked quite lively today, certainly an improvement on other strikers who have played recently. It's not as if he is changing a winning team either.

The performances so far have been decent enough. We have looked reasonably solid, controlling large parts of the games that I have seen. Today was the same. Cambridge offered little threat until the final 5 minutes when they started to have a go. It has been an encouraging but frustrating start to the season. We need to start scoring, get a win or two and get a bit of confidence in the team. Confidence is key. The good results will come and if Liam needs to experiment a bit to get there, then that's fine with me.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:43 am

Totally disagree !!! we look a shadow of last years side too much swapping and changing for me playing players out of position to accommodate other players is a big no no and never works ....most of our squad are young players and need a decent run in the team to see them at their best .. As for your point about the strikers non of the new signing are better than bench players at this level IMO ..Jamie moly should play in front of any of them yet he's short of match sharpness due to watching and not playing ...Take a look at are best spell last season settled side which helps young players confidence .. Pick a side and stick with it ... All I can see happening is a high turn over of players this season .. INO ..UTR

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:49 am

Hold on fellas...every player Liam brought to the club this year where 'much sought after'

Are you saying they are not? Sleep
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Sought after by who tho ??

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:42 pm

I'm feeling quite positive on the new players that have been signed up. It's probably too soon to pass judgement but so far so good. Jamie Osborne and Troy Baker have stood out for me, but generally, Liam seems to have done well with his pre-season signings. I'm more concerned about a couple of players from last season that Liam seems keen to persevere with!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Del Boy .. Don't really understand your thought process there ! we had a decent seasons last year so why would you be worried about players who proved last term they are well capable of playing at this level...I do agree with you point about Osborne tho he looks a quality player ..Troy looks a decent squad player too ...

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Just because we had a decent season overall, doesn't mean that every single player that featured was equally effective!!!

It was a season of two halves. Until Christmas / New Year, it was only Weymouth and Poole keeping us off first position, and both clubs had the advantage of 4-5 games in hand on us. If we had kept Hylton & Spencer, at least until the end of the season, I honestly believe we could have won the league! Weymouth & Poole both lost their way after Christmas and were there for the taking. As it was, we failed to take advantage of their respective slumps and we also ended up 'limping towards the finish line'.

Liam's high turnover of strikers since last Christmas would suggest that he agrees with me! i.e. they have not yet proved that they are capable of playing effectively at this level.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down