Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alvechurch have gone.

+3
in2thevalley
JBS
rawlings09
7 posters

Go down

Alvechurch have gone. Empty Alvechurch have gone.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:41 am

I have just been told Alvechurch have folded with immediate effect,and this has come from someone who's relative plays for them ,i mean did.A sad day to see a club with such a proud history go. Sad

Back to top Go down

Alvechurch have gone. Empty Re: Alvechurch have gone.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 am

Sad news.

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 am

RIP
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 am

Sad news. Sad

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:10 am

Sad so very sad. That, a few weeks ago could have been us. At least we live on..
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:46 am

They were always great games against them and the atmosphere was always intense they will be missed,they have come back before,but this time i don't think they will. Unless we merge with them Redditch & Alvechurch United to play at the New Abbey Stadium,only joking Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:25 am

Sad to see a club with it unique history to have gone RIP
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 am

This is not true but a malicious rumour that the Alvechurch chairman has confirmed to Fingers who phoned him Head against wall
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:19 am

toffeeman wrote:They were always great games against them and the atmosphere was always intense they will be missed,they have come back before,but this time i don't think they will. Unless we merge with them Redditch & Alvechurch United to play at the New Abbey Stadium,only joking Very Happy

The way things are going it'll be Redditch, Alvechurch and Studley United!!! (Also, only joking!)
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:24 am

Could be mate..let's hope not... violin
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:34 am

Leethall wrote:This is not true but a malicious rumour that the Alvechurch chairman has confirmed to Fingers who phoned him Head against wall
I can assure you there is NO MALICIOUS intent in this story.I was told this by someone who's relative plays for Alvechurch and when it comes from that type of source you have no reason to doubt it is not the truth.The decision was supposed to have taken place following a meeting between the board and players last thursday evening.I to hope they continue for many years to come and i do not spread malicious gossip.

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 am

toffeeman wrote:
Leethall wrote:This is not true but a malicious rumour that the Alvechurch chairman has confirmed to Fingers who phoned him Head against wall
I can assure you there is NO MALICIOUS intent in this story.I was told this by someone who's relative plays for Alvechurch and when it comes from that type of source you have no reason to doubt it is not the truth.The decision was supposed to have taken place following a meeting between the board and players last thursday evening.I to hope they continue for many years to come and i do not spread malicious gossip.

Dennis, I don't think that Leethall was accusing you of having malicious intent, rather the person who originated the story. I think everyone at the club knows that you don't have a malicious bone in your body.

Unless Mark Dearlove is anywhere in the vicinity. Crying with laughter

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:37 am

ted striker wrote:
toffeeman wrote:

Dennis, I don't think that Leethall was accusing you of having malicious intent, rather the person who originated the story. I think everyone at the club knows that you don't have a malicious bone in your body.

I am sure you are right Ted,i just don't want anyone to think i would be part of such a story, i would not take any pleasure in seeing any club hitting the wall Head against wall if you wish for that it has a habit of coming back on you.I would love to see the day when we play them, rovers worcester,harriers etc in a league game like it used to be,but that probably will never happen.Also i don't want anyone from Alvechurch thinking that anyone connected to Redditch are spreading malicious gossip about them.They need to tell personel from within their club to stop spreading rumours,that is the only reason i mentioned it because they were at this meeting or supposed meeting.I think from now on i will just wait for an offical press release.As for Mark Dearlove, i recall that was just a calm exchange of views at half time? No

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:04 am

toffeeman wrote:

Well if Simon Redhead played for Alvechurch last Thursday they obviously had not folded. Fingers also text me to state he had spoken to the Chairman directly on the phone to ask him. Maybe your friend was right, maybe he was wrong but as far as I can see the club is still there and played last night so seems that it was not true: http://midlandfootballalliance.pitchero.com/results.php
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:50 am

toffeeman wrote:
ted striker wrote:
toffeeman wrote:

I am sure you are right Ted,i just don't want anyone to think i would be part of such a story, i would not take any pleasure in seeing any club hitting the wall Head against wall if you wish for that it has a habit of coming back on you.I would love to see the day when we play them, rovers worcester,harriers etc in a league game like it used to be,but that probably will never happen.Also i don't want anyone from Alvechurch thinking that anyone connected to Redditch are spreading malicious gossip about them.They need to tell personel from within their club to stop spreading rumours,that is the only reason i mentioned it because they were at this meeting or supposed meeting.I think from now on i will just wait for an offical press release.As for Mark Dearlove, i recall that was just a calm exchange of views at half time? No

Almost as calm as Arsene's exchange of views with Lee Knight at Evesham? Or mine with Rob Smith through the dressing room window at Bedworth?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:51 am

Leethall wrote:
toffeeman wrote:

Well if Simon Redhead played for Alvechurch last Thursday they obviously had not folded. Fingers also text me to state he had spoken to the Chairman directly on the phone to ask him. Maybe your friend was right, maybe he was wrong but as far as I can see the club is still there and played last night so seems that it was not true: http://midlandfootballalliance.pitchero.com/results.php
Final word on this subject,the meeting apparantley took place after this game,so your point is not relevant and i am delighted their chairman has confirmed they are still in business,but obvoiusly they player concerned has misunderstood what has been said. Good luck to them,and long may they continue.End of discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Nice one Den. You started and finished this thread... you da man. Baseball Bat
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 am

porrohman wrote:Nice one Den. You started and finished this thread... you da man. Baseball Bat

Dennis = Magnus Magnusson

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down