Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local Non League Football

+5
porrohman
allotmentender
Bob Marley
rawlings09
del boy
9 posters

Go down

Local Non League Football Empty Local Non League Football

Post  del boy Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Alvechurch & Studley are evidently in an equally precarious position to us right now….

Bromsgrove Rovers have gone; Solihull Borough and Moor Green are no more.

Halesowen are looking none too healthy these days, after continuing to over spend.

R.C. Warwick used to be a local derby for us but have now dropped off the radar. Leamington are on the up; but only after a lengthy and protracted absence away from this level of football.

Kiddy Harriers have been granted a stay of execution…… Worcester City are financially sound for at least a couple of seasons……but could soon be homeless.

Evesham United? …..the only local club that seems in a reasonably healthy position at the moment!

Whatever the arguments that we all agree or disagree on, about what has happened to Redditch United…..maybe we need to look a little further away from home?

Maybe non league football has simply become the equivalent of a local corner shop or nearby post office….something that used to be an integral part of the local community….. but the importance of which has faded due to the likes of Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s etc…. (i.e., Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc) taking over!

And I can only see it getting worse!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Local Non League Football Empty Re: Local Non League Football

Post  rawlings09 Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Oh i do love a cheery post on a friday night! :dance: :dance:
There's only one thing stopping non-league football from success, that one thing is league football, 6 leagues of high payed, money fueled fun which spoils it for the rest of the god know's how many non-leagues!

Imagine if everyone supported their local side, we'd get 90,000 every week :dance:

This level of football will never be easy to follow, but it'll always be honest!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:45 pm

But the good thing in life is that you never know what's just round the corner.... Wink
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:21 pm

del boy wrote:Alvechurch & Studley are evidently in an equally precarious position to us right now….

Bromsgrove Rovers have gone; Solihull Borough and Moor Green are no more.

Halesowen are looking none too healthy these days, after continuing to over spend.

R.C. Warwick used to be a local derby for us but have now dropped off the radar. Leamington are on the up; but only after a lengthy and protracted absence away from this level of football.

Kiddy Harriers have been granted a stay of execution…… Worcester City are financially sound for at least a couple of seasons……but could soon be homeless.

Evesham United? …..the only local club that seems in a reasonably healthy position at the moment!

Whatever the arguments that we all agree or disagree on, about what has happened to Redditch United…..maybe we need to look a little further away from home?

Maybe non league football has simply become the equivalent of a local corner shop or nearby post office….something that used to be an integral part of the local community….. but the importance of which has faded due to the likes of Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s etc…. (i.e., Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc) taking over!

And I can only see it getting worse!

Change that to Sky TV, dodgy satellite channels and all day opening in pubs and i'd agree with you, big clubs have always been about, but now it's so easy for people to watch premiershit football on a Saturday and not bother watching their local non league team. At Redditch, we've also got the added problem that we lose pretty much every week, so it hardly inspires these people to pay to get in the Valley and watch!!!
We're down, but the sad thing is, I can only see it getting worse, the travelling will be just as bad, there will still be no money to spend so we're still likely to be struggling on the pitch and less away fans (on average) coming, we just need to ride the storm, hang in there, maybe another relegation and re-build from there. To me now, a good result will still be having a club in 3 years time!!!!
Keep the faith....

On a lighter note, i'm back in Blighty for 12 days in July and have a load of Redditch programs from the 80's, 90's and maybe a few from the naughties in the parents loft somewhere that I can donate Wink

Right, i'm back to the cricket, Trott's just got out while I was writing this Crying or Very sad
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Spot on Allotmentender. I can only compare Stourbridge to the kind of team we'll be playing next season, and we were pretty even,despite the score...we've been as good as if not better than Gloucester and Stafford, so if we do go down....I'm sure we'll be ok, maybe win a few games and get some fans back.
With money as tight as it is at The Valley...I'll just be pleased to have a club to follow....
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:15 am

porrohman wrote:Spot on Allotmentender. I can only compare Stourbridge to the kind of team we'll be playing next season, and we were pretty even,despite the score...we've been as good as if not better than Gloucester and Stafford, so if we do go down....I'm sure we'll be ok, maybe win a few games and get some fans back.
With money as tight as it is at The Valley...I'll just be pleased to have a club to follow....

Couldn't have worded it any better. The fact we STILL have a club to support week in week out, is an achievement in itself, particularly when you see and hear about clubs folding every week.. I think it will get worse at the end of the season. IF we were to fold (which we won't) I don't think I could follow another club. What we have at Redditch is quality. The fans, the unique ground, that to me is better than any premiership side.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:57 pm

'Change that to Sky TV, dodgy satellite channels and all day opening in pubs and i'd agree with you'

BANG ON! I have a mate who used to come to the Valley quite a bit, big Villa fan but with a passing interest in the club. Now he just sits in front of his computer on a saturday afternoon and watches every Villa match on the internet. I'm guessing many Premier League fans who also "follow" Redditch are now doing exactly the same thing. Every PL match is accessible on these dodgy sites so when the majority of those floating supporters have the choice between spending £9 watching Reds get stuffed whilst freezing their gonads off or sit in their homes and watch their Premier League teams then most will always choose the latter. Personally, this season my options are either to go to the Valley and pay £9 to see us get stuffed or sit at home listening to Cov getting stuffed on the radio so I'm bollocksed whatever I do football wise Laughing

Also...

'But the good thing in life is that you never know what's just round the corner....(wink)'

Steve, care to elaborate??? A subtle hint at a certain Mr Swan and a certain interest in our football club maybe?... Or not....
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Not.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Hmm, I also get a feeling that Steve knows something we don't? Suspect scratch
In a few previous posts of his i've had an inkling of something, could be completely, totally, utterly, 100% definately wrong! Shocked
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Guys... chill out! ...Steve is alluding to something we have planned for the TRUST...I'll fill you in next week.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Exactly...and just keeping everyone's nonads off the floor!!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:27 am

porrohman wrote:...I'll fill you in next week.
Ha ha sound's more like Charlie Sheen talking to his producer!!! :dance:

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 am

Next week?!
We have a TRUST section on here... hint hint Wink
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 am

Redjeff wrote:
porrohman wrote:...I'll fill you in next week.
Ha ha sound's more like Charlie Sheen talking to his producer!!! :dance:

Crying with laughter
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 am

rawlings09 wrote:Next week?!
We have a TRUST section on here... hint hint Wink

+ 1 Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 am

Sorry guys you are correct.When I get 5 later I'll put it on.
Until then I'll keep you all in suspenders. lol!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:56 am

+ 2 Wink
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League