Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News article from Workington News and Star 18/03/11

Go down

News article from Workington News and Star 18/03/11 Empty News article from Workington News and Star 18/03/11

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:00 am

RELEGATION favourites Redditch have been handed an off-field reprieve with Midlands businessman Chris Swan taking over the club.

Redditch, who host in-form Workington Reds tomorrow, announced the move that will secure the club’s future on Wednesday.

As well as being 15 points adrift at the bottom of the league, the club’s financial problems have threatened to cripple the club with debts spiralling out of control.

Attendances have also plummeted to less than 100, with just 70 walking through the turnstiles to see Droylsden win 3-1 on Tuesday.

Swann, who has built a successful empire in the property and construction trade almost took over at Kidderminster before rescuing Redditch.

The entrepreneur, who will be unveiled at a press conference before Workington game, confirmed his commitment to the club this week. He said: “I am a committed football supporter and I want the strong heritage of the team to continue.

“The Reds have a strong future and I am looking forward to working with the club, the team and especially the loyal fans as together we develop its potential in the league.”

in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down