Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts?

+7
lewism5964
Leethall
Redditchbluenose86
in2thevalley
rawlings09
JBS
porrohman
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts? Empty Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts?

Post  porrohman Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:35 am

Jeff (Legend)
You should give some thought to actually putting all your findings and historical facts and pics into a book.
To be sold in WH Smiths in town and in the shop.
Est cost 250 copies- 190-200 pages about a grand. ( Not out of your pocket mate!)
To have it all in one book would be a great present/read for the people of the town.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts? Empty Re: Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts?

Post  JBS Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 am

Would be a great idea, I would defently buy one!

On a related matter I was thinking about putting together a 'Yearbook' as a free e-book type thing if anyone would be interested in such a thing? Just containing a collection of match reports, results, news articles etc from the season, thought it would be a great tool looking back in a few years time and then hopefully put one together each season.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts? Empty Re: Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts?

Post  rawlings09 Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 am

+2 i'd definately buy one!

I think many people would buy it...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:15 am

its a terrific idea. Gets my vote.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 am

JBS wrote:Would be a great idea, I would defently buy one!

On a related matter I was thinking about putting together a 'Yearbook' as a free e-book type thing if anyone would be interested in such a thing? Just containing a collection of match reports, results, news articles etc from the season, thought it would be a great tool looking back in a few years time and then hopefully put one together each season.
great idea mate, have loads of pics and stuff for this year if you want?

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 am

NOT UNTIL YOU'VE FOUND A PIC FROM THE PETERBOROUGH GAME!!!! Mad

Laughing
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:NOT UNTIL YOU'VE FOUND A PIC FROM THE PETERBOROUGH GAME!!!! Mad

Laughing
Mate its hard enough getting anything let a lone a pic from one game haha, the only way I think is asking some of the older fans if they have anything. another way might be programmes from that year but after the that date as they may something in? Maybe Ade could have a chat with the older fans that he is contact with(dennis etc.)?
the book wont be yet as there is lots more research to do and then have it verified by the local history society on certain aspects, don't want to print anything thats wrong. Tut would this be ok ? -https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1844186301323&set=a.1844185141294.107567.1140579742&theater

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Alf said his mate had a load in his loft, but were all destroyed in a house fire. I'm determined to find one!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:25 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Alf said his mate had a load in his loft, but were all destroyed in a house fire. I'm determined to find one!
Would be great if we can, maybe peterborough have something.?

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 am

I've signed up to peterborough's forum (just awaiting account verrification) to see if any of their fans may have anything...

On another note... WHERE'S THE FLUFFS THAT DANCING BANANA GONE?!?! Head against wall Sad
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 am

Good shout, Posh might have something! I might e-mail the club if nothing comes from the forum.

Dancing banana was being over used so he's on holiday for the time being
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Good shout, Posh might have something! I might e-mail the club if nothing comes from the forum.

Dancing banana was being over used so he's on holiday for the time being

We will have to overuse other Emoticons then wanker wanker wanker wanker Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Full of sh*t Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 am

wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker No wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker wanker
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:49 am

Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 pm

Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Senile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
You wont get me over using the emoticions (ahem)
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:33 pm

On a serious note though, five people have expressed to me that they would be definately interested in purchasing a book should it be purchased. Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 am

Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Sleep Sleep Sleep Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 am

Shall we start a "we want the Banana icon back or the Peterborough game photo get's it" campaign? Crying with laughter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:NOT UNTIL YOU'VE FOUND A PIC FROM THE PETERBOROUGH GAME!!!! Mad

Laughing
Its not the one you want but hope this will do(for now at least), this is from the Last FA Cup game before Peterborough against Ton Pentre Fc (1971). The Goal Scorer is Nicky Ingram and in the Background is the Cedar Road.[img]Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts? Nicky_10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:51 am

Incredible pic!! cheers
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:20 am

Yeah great picture that, would be great to have some of these photos put on canvas by the club and displayed in the bar. Some great pictures which display our history.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 am

Yes that's the Cedar Road, i was behind the goal when Nicky scored. I remember the TV camera's going to a training session prior to
the FA Cup tie and what I thought was a bit of excitement around the town when the Reds made it to the 1st round proper.

Senile Dance

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  1Youngy1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 am

Some Great Work That Jeff Is doing to discover all this History cheers

The Idea Behind this book is brilliant, and I fully support it 100%. However Aidys original idea of Stocking it in places such as WHSmiths does need to be reconsidered. WHSmiths Is a Co-Oporation which Franchises its name to Stores liekwise with places such as Waterstones and HMV, therefore stocking it in only one store is actually very unlikely but for heavy negotiations with Senior Management at the company.. A Franchise usually likes to stock all the same products in each store they have, this makes ordering and communication easy etc, so this point basically means that they may not be as interested as i think you hoped. Head against wall

However I gurantee local shops and maybe even the odd shop up town would be interested places such as Biddles, PJ Stores, and other stores around town would be happy to take a "Trial Batch" Where they basically take a small order and see how many they sell, before placing a large quantity order. Obviously the reliable club shop trio, would take a batch and undoubtley successfully sell a lot again, so no problem there.

With regards to publishers, i doubt theyd be hard to find with good prices and deals aswell due to the type of thing were looking for. Places Such As Meno Yearbooks, would allow Jeff to to create the book himself. But there would be a lot of places interested in supplying us because of advertisment for them, and a future business relationship with the club and TRUST. You'd also need to decide if you were going to push this forward who would deal straight with the Buyer (Ordering party) would it be the publisher or the TRUST and what share of profit (incentives) would publishers get.. Also youd need to ensure you have the rights to all the pictures, and text in the book and get a Pattent put down, so nobody can copy us.

As I say 100% behind it.. just trying to help.. Will be more than happy to be involved in the process!
1Youngy1
1Youngy1
Evo-Stik Division one

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=337218575505&set=a.10

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:15 am

Awesome photo.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 am

1Youngy1 wrote:Some Great Work That Jeff Is doing to discover all this History cheers

The Idea Behind this book is brilliant, and I fully support it 100%. However Aidys original idea of Stocking it in places such as WHSmiths does need to be reconsidered. WHSmiths Is a Co-Oporation which Franchises its name to Stores liekwise with places such as Waterstones and HMV, therefore stocking it in only one store is actually very unlikely but for heavy negotiations with Senior Management at the company.. A Franchise usually likes to stock all the same products in each store they have, this makes ordering and communication easy etc, so this point basically means that they may not be as interested as i think you hoped. Head against wall

However I gurantee local shops and maybe even the odd shop up town would be interested places such as Biddles, PJ Stores, and other stores around town would be happy to take a "Trial Batch" Where they basically take a small order and see how many they sell, before placing a large quantity order. Obviously the reliable club shop trio, would take a batch and undoubtley successfully sell a lot again, so no problem there.

With regards to publishers, i doubt theyd be hard to find with good prices and deals aswell due to the type of thing were looking for. Places Such As Meno Yearbooks, would allow Jeff to to create the book himself. But there would be a lot of places interested in supplying us because of advertisment for them, and a future business relationship with the club and TRUST. You'd also need to decide if you were going to push this forward who would deal straight with the Buyer (Ordering party) would it be the publisher or the TRUST and what share of profit (incentives) would publishers get.. Also youd need to ensure you have the rights to all the pictures, and text in the book and get a Pattent put down, so nobody can copy us.

As I say 100% behind it.. just trying to help.. Will be more than happy to be involved in the process!

Sorry... i forgot you knew all about big reatailers and the book industry study lol! Wink Fishing
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next