Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

club statement from Eastwood Town

+2
JBS
in2thevalley
6 posters

Go down

club statement from Eastwood Town Empty club statement from Eastwood Town

Post  in2thevalley Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:37 am

Within the last two weeks Eastwood Town were informed by the Conference League, that despite the 'B' grading being achieved and the extra work carried out last year in order to be eligible for the play offs,they will not be allowed to take part should they achieve a top five position.Upon receiving this notification, the club has offered to work with the Football Conference to implement a solution before the play offs would take place, but this offer has been declined.

Although the club can not go into detail whilst the appeal process is running, the main reason is a difference of opinion in the interpretation of one of the play off rules.

Eastwood Town have now lodged official appeals to both the Football Conference Board and The Football Association, which are expected to be heard within the next two weeks.

Club Chairman Tony Minnis commented "The decision from the conference came totally out of the blue and with no prior notification. At this point in time I don’t want to comment on any detail sufficed to say the management and players have earned the right to be given the opportunity should they make it and it will be a complete injustice if this decision is not overturned. Everyone at the club will continue to work hard in order to achieve a successful outcome and as soon as we are in a position to give out more details we will."
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

club statement from Eastwood Town Empty Re: club statement from Eastwood Town

Post  JBS Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:06 am

Madness that they would be ok if they went up automatically but are stuck because of the ground requirements of the playoffs.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:13 am

I know, its crazy isn't? Head against wall
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 am

Some of the politics in football are crazy. Does take the fun out of the game a bit when the F.A invent silly rules like this. How can you be fine to go up automatically and but not via the Play-Offs!? Baffling!
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:30 am

Bizarre! How can they justify letting them go up as champions, but not host play-off games?

Plus every team in the top 5 will have been to Eastwood anyway.. Head against wall

Hope it gets sorted.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:07 am

lewism5964 wrote:Some of the politics in football are crazy. Does take the fun out of the game a bit when the F.A invent silly rules like this. How can you be fine to go up automatically and but not via the Play-Offs!? Baffling!

It is. I can't fathom it either.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:21 pm

http://www.nonleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=334237#p334237

Absolute disgrace, Conference are a load of wanker
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:23 am

Typical Conference response I'm afraid; despite having the injustice and illogicality of their rules pointed out to them, all they can do is Rules Rules Rules

I'm all for consistency in the application of rules, without it rules are meaningless and all is chaos, but when the rules themselves are inconsistent, it makes a mockery of competition. I hope that the authorities take a more sensible view when it comes to appeal, but frankly I have more faith that Harvey Price will win the London Marathon.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down