Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting the main Stand

+5
rawlings09
StockportReds
Redditchbluenose86
Bob Marley
adiy price
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Painting the main Stand Empty Painting the main Stand

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 am

Fenners and myself risking life and Limb -
[img]Painting the main Stand 2011-041[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-042[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-043[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-044[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-045[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-046[/img]and while the Grounds man waits for the the grass to grow!!!![img]Painting the main Stand 2011-047[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-048[/img]

Back to top Go down

Painting the main Stand Empty Re: Painting the main Stand

Post  adiy price Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm

oh god, told you jeff i'm camera shy now u can see why pig
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 am

Great job Bodgit & Scarper
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:19 am

Looks better already!
Has the White section above the clubhouse been cleaned or painted? Would look great if that was brightened up as well.
I'll try and get down soon and help out, I've got a lot on my plate at the moment so it's hard to find time.
Keep up the good work lads, looks good! Beer Cheers
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:44 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Looks better already!
Has the White section above the clubhouse been cleaned or painted? Would look great if that was brightened up as well.
I'll try and get down soon and help out, I've got a lot on my plate at the moment so it's hard to find time.
Keep up the good work lads, looks good! Beer Cheers
white piece at the top not painted yet but work on the main stand will commence tomorrow, hope to have the whole lot painted from top to bottom very soon. Beer Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:16 am

Does the interior of the stand look as good Jeff?

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:26 am

StockportReds wrote:Does the interior of the stand look as good Jeff?

UTR
its getting there mate, apart from extending the stage the lounge is done. Dart boards going up soon. Changing rooms are now prept for painting, advertising boards are being painted and new boards going up as they are sold, some of the walls around the ground have had a lick of paint and roger has been weeding like a mad man possessed!!! and I am currently framing up some more shirts to go in the main club house.I will update again soon Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am

Redjeff wrote:
StockportReds wrote:Does the interior of the stand look as good Jeff?

UTR
I am currently framing up some more shirts to go in the main club house.I will update again soon Very Happy

Is that where you were today then Jeff? 'kin part timer Wink Crying with laughter
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:01 am

Sounds and looks like Jeff and the lads are doing a grand job down at the
Valley windmill

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 am

All the red frame work is now complete on the main stand apart from the fire exit(which needs some attention!!), next is the white paint and I have started painting the hand rails on the cedar road. Tomorrow Pete and Dave will start painting out the changing rooms, I Think we are over half way through all the jobs that need doing and should all be bright and ready for the first of the home friendly's.I will have some update pics up on here tomorrow guy's Beer Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:14 am

Redjeff wrote:All the red frame work is now complete on the main stand apart from the fire exit(which needs some attention!!), next is the white paint and I have started painting the hand rails on the cedar road. Tomorrow Pete and Dave will start painting out the changing rooms, I Think we are over half way through all the jobs that need doing and should all be bright and ready for the first of the home friendly's.I will have some update pics up on here tomorrow guy's Beer Cheers

Great work Jeff. Once I have moved house from Solihoof this weekend I shall be in a position to come and help out
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Redjeff wrote:
Painting the main Stand 2011-044[/img][img]

This area could easily be converted into two or three private boxes. It wouldn’t even need to be a big expense; just some simple stud walls to separate them from the bar. With the links that are being forged with local businesses and sponsors, it could bring in some extra revenue for the club.

As it is, this area was wasted on match days anyway. Large screens were put up there because of Conference rules.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 pm

del boy wrote:
Redjeff wrote:
Painting the main Stand 2011-044[/img][img]

This area could easily be converted into two or three private boxes. It wouldn’t even need to be a big expense; just some simple stud walls to separate them from the bar. With the links that are being forged with local businesses and sponsors, it could bring in some extra revenue for the club.

As it is, this area was wasted on match days anyway. Large screens were put up there because of Conference rules.
Good Idea although it is now open(no partitions) and used on match days, also we'd then lose space for other events which impacts on capacity.
As the room bookings are getting better each week I think there is more income to be gained there than match day boxes.

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:43 pm

As for match day use, the screens did seem to disappear recently. Whether that was down to rules being relaxed or the former regime forgetting, I’m not sure? And do the same rules apply in the Southern League?.... they never used to!

As for the capacity of the function room, it has always been popular for as long as I can remember, but the extended bar area is quite a recent addition; the external seating on the balcony used to run the full width of the stand. Returning the balcony to its original design (extra, external balcony capacity) is another option that could raise corporate capacity relatively simply.

As I suggested, it would be a simple and quick task to create a box or two there. If the demand is there, I’m sure it could be done. If not, then keep it as it is. The club can’t lose!

Income inside, I’ve never really liked the idea of fans being able to watch the game from the bar. They might be able to watch the game in warmth and comfort with a beer in their hand, while spending a bit at the bar. But I’ve always thought it would be better for the club, the team and the atmosphere if they were behind the goal during the game and not in the bar. An extra 20-30 fans at the Allotment End in the 2nd half makes a difference.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:24 pm

del boy wrote:Income inside, I’ve never really liked the idea of fans being able to watch the game from the bar. They might be able to watch the game in warmth and comfort with a beer in their hand, while spending a bit at the bar. But I’ve always thought it would be better for the club, the team and the atmosphere if they were behind the goal during the game and not in the bar. An extra 20-30 fans at the Allotment End in the 2nd half makes a difference.

I completely agree!

When a proportion of fans go into the bar 5 mins before half time, then come back out 10 mins into the second half, it's hard to get an atmosphere or sing song going...

i'm sure 15 mins is long enough to have a pint and a chat anyway.

It's up to the individual, but there's always a hush in atmosphere before and after half time!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 am

With Regards to corporate boxes Chris Swan has already said this is one of his priorities to incorporate in to a new stand, I would assume the bar was extended as there was not much call for all that private seating and a bigger bar made sense.
I disagree that people going to the bar at half time ruin the atmosphere, it may be not what everyone wants to do but its called choice.
Years ago my brother and I used to spend the first half in the bar and the second half on the cedar, there was no problem with atmosphere then and the reason being is that there were more people coming to the game then.The reason people leave for the bar 5mins early and come back 10mins later is it gets packed in there and takes a while to get one drink(so yes sometimes it takes longer than 15 mins to have a drink), no different actually for those using the snack bar! it means our facilities are being well used, worth noting that money spent in the bar and snack bar will go towards playing budget so if anything we should be encouraging it. If we want atmosphere then lets get more people down on match days. Beer Cheers oh sorry Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:08 am

Simple solution, install a bar area on the void between Alotment End and Cedar Road Beer Cheers
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 am

Redjeff wrote:With Regards to corporate boxes Chris Swan has already said this is one of his priorities to incorporate in to a new stand,

Jeff, do you have any more information on this? Size, location, timescale etc?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:44 am

del boy wrote:
Redjeff wrote:With Regards to corporate boxes Chris Swan has already said this is one of his priorities to incorporate in to a new stand,

Jeff, do you have any more information on this? Size, location, timescale etc?
No sorry mate, only to say that his intention is to build a good business foundation around the club. He said when he arrived that he would like to see a large stand with corporate facilities built in with it that could be used for weddings etc. and class room/business facilities, Its my understanding that all options are being looked at before anything concrete is planned. For now its a case of getting what we have looking nice and tidy and to book the facilities out as much as possible(which it is, so much so there wont be any nights left free for my gigs Crying with laughter).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 am

Painting the very top
[img]Painting the main Stand 2011-049[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-050[/img]
and starting the Cedar Road[img]Painting the main Stand 2011-051[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:40 pm

so thats what the roof looks like lol! glad i still not seen it in the flesh Crying with laughter
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:32 pm

With all of these photo’s, I’m really starting to appreciate our little main stand in a way that I never used to!

O.K., it’s not the biggest, the best, or the most suitable stand ever; it certainly has its faults. But…...it’s definately unique and has character! I’ve never seen another stand that looks even remotely like ours.

These days, most new modern stands in non-league footy are off the shelf, prefabricated, all metal affairs that are knocked up in a couple of weeks. They all look the same. I’d take our refurbished stand any day of the week compared to what, for example, Nuneaton have just built.

I’m looking forward to seeing the finished article!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:28 pm

I hope that the on field activities match your off field ones, if they do we should get promoted next season!!

UTR Cup
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 am

[img]Painting the main Stand 2011-062[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-063[/img][img]Painting the main Stand 2011-064[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow.....the stand looks brand new! So much neater! Cracking effort mate
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content