Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oxford City 1 Reds 1

+2
Bob Marley
mattim
6 posters

Go down

Oxford City 1 Reds 1 Empty Oxford City 1 Reds 1

Post  mattim Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:56 am

Very encouraging performance against a team that may be one of the challengers this season.

Started ok but first half was mainly Oxford and they should probably have been two or three up rather than just the one goal. We hoofed it too much and didn't threaten much.

Second half we went 4-4-2 and kept it on the floor better and it was their turn to chase shadows. Equalised in the 83rd minute with a pen which we richly deserved, missed two chances which looked easier to score, and generally played some good stuff. Reds were easily the better side in the second half.

Once we got past the hoofball and settled I thought we looked good and in the end it was a bit disappointing to not win but If we can pick up points like this things are looking up.

Great away support, Reds fans must have made up about a third of the crowd and good to see players applauding fans at the end.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Oxford City 1 Reds 1 Empty Re: Oxford City 1 Reds 1

Post  Bob Marley Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:23 am

Fantastic start....well done everyone

Onwards and upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 pm

After a bright start in the opening minutes, things started to go wrong. We were really poor in the first half; ineffective long balls in attack and we were generally making basic mistakes throughout. Basic things like a short, simple pass and a good first touch seemed beyond us. After going behind, we looked rather vulnerable for the next ten minutes or so but managed to 'weather the storm'.

The second half was much better! I can’t recall Coleman having much to do, apart from collecting the occasional over hit through ball or cross. We were far and away the better team. But… our finishing was poor. I counted four good, clear cut opportunities in and around their six yard box; everyone of which should have been buried. With more clinical finishing, it could have been a comfortable start to the season. MOM for me was Tommy Warmer.

All things considered, not a bad start. Oxford had a nice, tidy little ground and it was a pleasant away day to start off the new season.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 pm

It was a good wakeup call in the first half and it hit the players that the pace of this league is pretty fast... Players getting the ball were not given a second to think and were tracked down and takcled quickly, where in pre-season they'd waltz past players.

Second half i think the lads were give a firm boot up the arse and came out looking more settled. I think it'll take them a good few games to get used to the pace of the league.

Positives are we didn't lose... and a point away from home on the first game of the season at Oxford is good in my eyes. Also the finishing can be adressed without the bitterness of losing, yeah the finishing was bollocks, but it can be worked on.

Good vocal support from Reds fans, i still can't talk loudy!

It's happy days at the moment!

and their keeper?!?! Scared
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:38 am

Against Oxford, we started brightly, without ever really troubling their keeper, and allowed them back into the game. they pushed us back, and it was no surprise when they took the lead. Second half was totally different, first to the ball, stringing passes together, Tommy controlling the midfield, the wide men attacking the defenders. I felt we deserved a goal for all our possession and we could have won it, but a draw was the right outcome. A point way from home I'll take that. Roll on tuesday night COYR
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Understandably i don't remember much, but I know we were the better team second half.
Good day out, and unlucky not to win it towards the end.
Roll on Tuesday night!

Ps. Apologies to Sam for the beer shower!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down