Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brackley today

+5
porrohman
rawlings09
Mrs Moor
ROWLY1971
redditch born
9 posters

Go down

brackley today Empty brackley today

Post  redditch born Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:41 pm

I watched today and coudnt knock the comitment and work rate infact I thought they worked harder than Brackley. Watched Hydey shouting and doing his best but, the quality on the pitch was woful! Once again I say raise the playing budget and get some players in who are upto the standared we need to compete in this division, Mr Swan raise the addmission sell some more boards or put your hand in your pocket and get some players in before its to late!!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

brackley today Empty Re: brackley today

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:17 pm

No need mate! Hydes worked out that in management you dont always get the players you go for...but has quickly come up with another great plan.....and will get pro clubs lend him players to build a solid future for the club on! Genius! so keep the admission the sam and your hand in your pocket mr swan.... Brains has worked it all out for us!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:31 pm

To be honest I thought this was going to be Hyde’s first win today because Brackley are suffering and couldn’t even manage a goal against Cirencester at home last week let alone a victory so I am a little shocked by this poor result.

I am sure everyone just wishes they could just turn back the clock a few weeks and exercise the caution that was required, those first seven games now look genius compared to what has followed. I really don’t think bringing in loan players is the answer and while it may become an expensive short term fix in the long term it does nothing at all.

Regardless of who the Manager is the club needs a strong direction and it needs to stick to that direction and bringing in expensive loan players to fire fight and hide the failings of previous decisions is clearly barmy. The club needs to revert to the original concept and allow for growing pains, seven weeks was never going to be long enough.

It would be sad to see the tracksuit collectors move in just for a quick pay day, people need to be big enough to admit they made the wrong call and re-employ the original philosophy and move the club forward slowly but surely, patience is now the order of the day.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:37 am

Mrs Moor wrote:To be honest I thought this was going to be Hyde’s first win today because Brackley are suffering and couldn’t even manage a goal against Cirencester at home last week let alone a victory so I am a little shocked by this poor result.

I am sure everyone just wishes they could just turn back the clock a few weeks and exercise the caution that was required, those first seven games now look genius compared to what has followed. I really don’t think bringing in loan players is the answer and while it may become an expensive short term fix in the long term it does nothing at all.

Regardless of who the Manager is the club needs a strong direction and it needs to stick to that direction and bringing in expensive loan players to fire fight and hide the failings of previous decisions is clearly barmy. The club needs to revert to the original concept and allow for growing pains, seven weeks was never going to be long enough.

It would be sad to see the tracksuit collectors move in just for a quick pay day, people need to be big enough to admit they made the wrong call and re-employ the original philosophy and move the club forward slowly but surely, patience is now the order of the day.
Shocked Good post!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:31 am

Redditch Born,
I heard we had a good following yesterday, how many would you say we took? Did any of the Telford guys play?
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:12 am

porrohman wrote:Redditch Born,
I heard we had a good following yesterday, how many would you say we took? Did any of the Telford guys play?

Hi Porrohman I would guess 30-50 great day to watch football would of even of watched bromsgrove on a day like yesterday!!! lol. centre half big kid no 6 he did well I think he came from Telford? I know hes on loan. him the keeper and mckenzie when he came on IMO only 3 players who were upto scratch the rest worked their socks off. apart from the 11 lazy primadona a winger who couldnt beat a cone!! no quality mate that lots going to get us relagated even Alex Ferguson would struggle to get a win from that lot
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:22 am

Cheers...we'll be alright...we'll turn the corner I'm sure.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:22 am

porrohman wrote:Cheers...we'll be alright...we'll turn the corner I'm sure.

We bloody need to and pretty sharp IMO.

Stratford hammered Stafford 4-2 yesterday so looks like we are going out of the Birmingham Senior Cup on Tuesday!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Strange sort of game yesterday. The weather being so hot it had the feel of a combination of the first pre season friendly, a cricket match, and a barbecue round at a mate's house. It also had the atmosphere of those three events - it was as if no one felt it appropriate to cheer at any point.

I thought we competed well but we are always up against that all important word - quality. We are decent defensively, well organised, reasonably fit and committed. However when it matters we come up short. Two moments summed it up for me.

We won two free kicks first half, right on the edge of the penalty area, just where you fancy your chances but the delivery was so poor. I do rate Tommy Warmer for his workrate and effort etc but frankly, and I mean this in all seriousness, I could have got closer to the target than he did.

Then just after half time we actually managed to create a decent chance which their keeper saved well, but I could'nt help feeling that it was the sort of chance a good side would have said thank you very much, tucked it away, and made it 1-1. Who knows where the game would have gone from there.

But the main difference between the two sides is probably about 3k a week. I know our wage bill, I don't know theirs, but my estimate is they are on a lot more money.

Here's three names to think about; Carl Palmer, Owen Storey (obviously ex Reds) and Brett Solkhon (ex Kettering). What sort of money are they turning out for ? I seriously doubt if it's less than 300 notes a week. I reckon a few more of them are on similar mnoney but where does that leave Brackley ?

Decent, but small set up, friendly people, good club but where oh where do they get that kind of money ?

Answers on a postcard please but it seems the worst kept secret in non league football that they are bankrolled by a wealthy benefactor. I do not have a problem with this and I personally admire anyone who is willing to do this. My information is that it is a very successful businessman who was brought up and educated in Brackley, so who would begrudge him the right to put something back into the community ?

The point I am (admittedly rather slowly making) is not that I want Chris Swan to fund a bigger wage bill a la brackley but that I actually don't want him to. Brackley, for all the best wishes and intentions of their wealthy backer, are just not a viable option. If anything ever went wrong with his financial support they simply could not carry on in their present form and would probably end up about three leagues lower.

I would like to think that despite the trials and tribulations of the last few weeks we at least can say that we have the team we can afford. It may not be good enough to last in this league and it may not be good enough for one or two of the recent posters on this forum who seem to think they (or there mates) could do a better job but at least we would be able to carry on pretty much in our present form without the backing of one wealthy individual.

We must, must, learn the lessons of our past and learn to live with a team we can AFFORD not necessarily the team we want. Sustainability is the key word here and for the long term future of the club (although we frankly need better players) lets NOT throw money at it. We are all in this for the long haul.

All we can do is get behind the team, stop bitching on this forum about Mark Fennemore's contact book, Graham Hyde's supposed lack of managerial experience and all that complete b******s that a few on here keep going on about and thank god(if your'e religious) that we have a team to support.

I would suggest anyone with a gripe about this post start reading about the predicament of Plymouth Argyle and then tell me I'm wrong !

Sorry
Rant over
I'll go to bed now

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:42 pm

First of all, I’m guessing that Brackleys budget is a lot bigger than you give credit for….. I think it may even be closer to 8k a week. Whether I’m right or wrong, it is generally known that Brackley have been bankrolled for several years now; it hasn’t got them anywhere though! I believe that their chairman has made his fortune from a national network of motorway service stations?

I’ve not been to Brackleys ground, I’ve only seen pictures. It does seem as though all of the chairmans generosity is going to the players, and the ground and facilities have been over looked.

I don’t want Mr.Swan to put money into the team. If he is going to put even more of his own money in, then it should be into the clubs infrastructure….something that generates income for the club. That could be a 3G pitch for hire, corporate facilities for match day revenues, a new stand, a new ground even!!!!

Maybe I’m wrong, but I did sense that maybe Mr. Swan was hoping for better crowds and more support from the people of Redditch before he invests further. Unfortunately , that will never happen.

I’ve said it on here before, if Mr. Swan genuinely wants Conference football, then he will need to spend millions on the club. I don’t ask for it and I don’t expect it. It’s his choice and his money. He knows that we won’t get any money back from anything that he puts in. Only he know how much further generosity he will put our way. If I was him, I’d think that our town doesn’t deserve it!

If I was filthy rich would I do it? Yes I would….but I’m a life long fan!!! I wouldn’t do it for a team or a town that I have no real affinity to!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Brackley are bankrolled by the person who owns the Moto Motorway Service Stations so you can imagine the price of a drink and what you are funding!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:06 pm

8k budget per week is bang on the money.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  jenko Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:18 am

I have been to Brackley, though not on Saturday. I thought it was an excellent ground, small but smart and the bar was very nice.

jenko
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down