Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO Rowly-Andy Sinton

+5
Mr Bonehead
ROWLY1971
del boy
SID SNOT
porrohman
9 posters

Go down

FAO Rowly-Andy Sinton Empty FAO Rowly-Andy Sinton

Post  porrohman Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:23 am

Here's one for Rowly....
Andy Sinton- Ex pro given the chance to manage at non league level with Fleet Town having no previous experience in managing non league? Huge success at Fleet in 5 seasons ... seven cups, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, best ever finishes in the league...given the job at Telford and he gets them promoted to the Conference.
It'll never work will it, giving an ex pro a job in non league without experience?
Thoughts please!!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

FAO Rowly-Andy Sinton Empty Re: FAO Rowly-Andy Sinton

Post  SID SNOT Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:10 am

What a pointless post?

For every ex pro that has made it as a manager plenty haven't. Hyde-emore (See what I've done there?) is the wrong appointment for so many reasons. We have lost our first five matches under these two and this doesn't look like changing any time soon. After the excitement of 10 from 10 in pre season, the optimism of a well organised and hard working team that played Oxford City, Bedford, Hemel, Leamington and Banbury and thoughts of a possible push at the play offs, I feel totally and utterly deflated with the current situation, the management, the squad, and tactics none of which are good enough.
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 am

Btw - Telford should have been promoted years ago, brand new ground, crowds 1000+ every week, massive budget, pick of all the best local players. I would hardly say that Sinton has worked wonders here..................
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:31 am

SID SNOT wrote:Btw - Telford should have been promoted years ago, brand new ground, crowds 1000+ every week, massive budget, pick of all the best local players.

Sid, earlier you said that it was a joke that we are a 'feeder' club to Telford as if somehow we are above that? Yet in your above post, you describe all of the reasons why Telford are a million miles ahead of us as a club.

It's not as if we are loaning players off Studley and Alvechurch!! Personally, I can't see why so many recent posts have been against loan players? Many clubs do it, even in the Premier League! It's all about balance and there are rules in place that limit the number of players that can be loaned during the season. The loaning of players is there to complement our main squad of players.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:57 am

Del Boy...Thought exactly the same myself.
Sid,
Pointless enough to get you posting back though. What is pointless is your comment ' for every ex pro that has made it as a manager plenty haven't.' I've given you ONE example, which I'm interested in your thoughts on. You could end any debate instantaneously by generalizing as you have done.
Re your points about Telford and Sinton...
1) A good ground doesn't get you promoted.
2) 1000+ crowds every other week don't get you promoted.
3) Massive budgets don't always get you promoted.
4) Picking the best local players doesn't get you promoted.

I'm really not interested in any S & S debates anymore.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 pm

porrohman wrote:Here's one for Rowly....
Andy Sinton- Ex pro given the chance to manage at non league level with Fleet Town having no previous experience in managing non league? Huge success at Fleet in 5 seasons ... seven cups, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, best ever finishes in the league...given the job at Telford and he gets them promoted to the Conference.
It'll never work will it, giving an ex pro a job in non league without experience?
Thoughts please!!

Hi Porrohman, I agree with 1 thing for sure... I too am not interested in any S&S posts. Water under a bridge.

Firstly if you want a good debate about your post, where did I say giving an Ex Pro a job in non league management would never work?

Skipping over that, for your benefit only, I obviously agree that Andy Sinton has done a very good job as MANAGER.
Andy Sinton though is not Graham Hyde and Not manager of Redditch United, point being everybody is different, ex pro or not.
Another point to consider, and Im sure you have, is was Andy Sinton Manager AND coach AND community officer AND youth team set up bloke...or JUST 1st team manager?
I would, without knowing 100%, guess that Andy Sinton was so successful due to the fact he was only expected to concentrate on 1st team manager.

Thoughts Please!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Bring back ex-pro Nicky Cross I say!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 pm

And for the anti-loan brigade, Norman Sylla was deemed not good enough for the Conference by Tamworth, so they palmed him off onto us.

They were wrong...so wrong!!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Interesting del,what was sylla's record in conf prem? Although a god at the valley there is a huge step up to the prem and Im not so sure they would agree.

nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:28 pm

No idea what his record was in the Conference, but he went onto play in the top division in Belgium. Granted, it's not the EPL, but it trumps the Conference.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:03 am

Rowly,
Correct: You didn't say an ex pro couldn't do a good job managing at this level. I was just pointing out ex pro's can work at this level. Your recent posts seem to indicate a concern on Hyde's allocation of time regarding actually managing the first team. Given our status, how much time do you think he should actually spend 'managing' the first team? His role as Community officer doesn't affect Tuesday or Thursday nights training, or matchdays. What he is doing along with TRUSTS Pete Toolan is forging strong links to the community, something sadly lacking in previous regimes. Friday afternoon saw Year 6 girls TESCO national 7 a side competition at the Valley, Graham was present along with all the local schools and sports teachers. That's a good thing surely?
Surely other Managers at this level too have full time jobs?
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 am

agreed other managers do have full time jobs at this level... how many though have it with the football club they manage?
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:agreed other managers do have full time jobs at this level... how many though have it with the football club they manage?

Probably none, although I'm not sure I get your point. What difference does it make where they earn their main wage?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:54 pm

ted striker wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:agreed other managers do have full time jobs at this level... how many though have it with the football club they manage?

Probably none, although I'm not sure I get your point. What difference does it make where they earn their main wage?

I would imagine he would be a lot harder to sack, full time employees are well protected by employment law. I doubt Socket & Smith would be looking at an unfair dismisal claim under their contract.

I would imagine replacing Hyde would be costly that's probably why he was given the Managers job in the first place and he will not doubt get a much longer run at it than previous Managers.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
ted striker wrote:

I would imagine he would be a lot harder to sack, full time employees are well protected by employment law. I doubt Socket & Smith would be looking at an unfair dismissal claim under their contract.

I would imagine replacing Hyde would be costly that's probably why he was given the Managers job in the first place and he will not doubt get a much longer run at it than previous Managers.

My point exactly Mrs.M

If and only IF Hyde doesnt do a good job of 1st team management, will Swan be ok sacking him due to the huge trust placed in him regarding the rest of the club, and town to be honest.

If Utd lose another manager, is that all they lose or will they lose a youth team bloke, a coach, a community officer and indeed the local schools a district coach too.

Ex Pro A fails as 1st team manager- Chairman sacks...simple

Ex Pro Hyde fails as 1st team manager- Chairman..........

This has been my point all along. Too much trust and responsibility in 1 man for 1 club and 1 town... MY OPINION

Nice to read tho that they got their 1st win all be it for no points and against lower opposition with 8 changes, but a win that hopefully will give them some league confidence for the next match
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:08 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:
ted striker wrote:

I would imagine he would be a lot harder to sack, full time employees are well protected by employment law. I doubt Socket & Smith would be looking at an unfair dismissal claim under their contract.

My point exactly Mrs.M

If and only IF Hyde doesnt do a good job of 1st team management, will Swan be ok sacking him due to the huge trust placed in him regarding the rest of the club, and town to be honest.

If Utd lose another manager, is that all they lose or will they lose a youth team bloke, a coach, a community officer and indeed the local schools a district coach too.

Ex Pro A fails as 1st team manager- Chairman sacks...simple

Ex Pro Hyde fails as 1st team manager- Chairman..........

This has been my point all along. Too much trust and responsibility in 1 man for 1 club and 1 town... MY OPINION

Nice to read tho that they got their 1st win all be it for no points and against lower opposition with 8 changes, but a win that hopefully will give them some league confidence for the next match

Fair point. Add in the fact that Mark Fenemore is doubling up as joint first-team manager and director of football (unless the director post has been done away with) and it would appear that we have not one but two managers who, if not unsackable or irreplacable, do have much stronger positions within the organisation than your average manager. I know a lot of fans - me included - were uneasy at Gary Whild (remember him?) being both first-team manager and director of football, and I know the situation is somewhat different now, but it still jars a little with me.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:00 am

It is a a fair point, but one I think is a bit premature to discuss. Along with Ted I was never happy with Whild being Manager and Director. He turned out to be useless at both in my opinion.
Re last night-not interested in Stratford resting players, being two leagues lower, yadda yadda yadda, Redditch United could only have beaten one team last night and they did it....you can only beat what's in front of you.
Well done Fenners and Hydey that's the first one out of the way!!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  reds Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:02 am

porrohman wrote:It is a a fair point, but one I think is a bit premature to discuss. Along with Ted I was never happy with Whild being Manager and Director. He turned out to be useless at both in my opinion.
Re last night-not interested in Stratford resting players, being two leagues lower, yadda yadda yadda, Redditch United could only have beaten one team last night and they did it....you can only beat what's in front of you.
Well done Fenners and Hydey that's the first one out of the way!!

Porro to true mate Embarassed Got it wrong about our management team the new Clough & Taylor partnership Senile Bring on Cambridge easy 3 points Very Happy

reds
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:05 am

Reds,
Be fair...it's one game but it's a start! I'll take a point against Cambridge.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down