Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no match reports in local papers anymore????

+2
littleworthred
porrohman
6 posters

Go down

Why no match reports in local papers anymore???? Empty Why no match reports in local papers anymore????

Post  porrohman Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 am

What I said.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Why no match reports in local papers anymore???? Empty Re: Why no match reports in local papers anymore????

Post  littleworthred Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 pm

porrohman wrote:What I said.
Do you mean the Advertiser?(mine not been delivered yet! Head against wall ) if so thats strange as its on there web site - http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/redditchunited/evo_stik_southern_premier_2011_2012/read_article/9296147.Ten_man_Reds_end_run/
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Why no match reports in local papers anymore???? Empty Re: Why no match reports in local papers anymore????

Post  porrohman Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Not in my paper.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:52 pm

littleworthred wrote:
porrohman wrote:What I said.
Do you mean the Advertiser?(mine not been delivered yet! Head against wall ) if so thats strange as its on there web site - http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/redditchunited/evo_stik_southern_premier_2011_2012/read_article/9296147.Ten_man_Reds_end_run/

Not in my Advertiser! Maybe everybody was bored with the Standard (excuse the pun) read everyweek of being beaten!! How times have changed !!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:11 am

What's the point of having it online and not in the paper? The coverage has been good so far this season but to have no match reports in the paper is no good to anyone. It comes to something when there's a match report for Alcester seconds rugby against Bridgnorth Thirds yet no Reds match report. FAIL
Jenko..thoughts please...bonus points if you can get USA in your answer!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:12 am

sure to be one next week songwrite
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  jenko Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:17 am

The point in having it on the internet is that it is immediate (normally). With the paper it is four days out of date for a Saturday game.
And what I would say about Alcester RFC is they don't get coverage other than the sent in reports.
Redditch Utd and everything that is going on at the club is invariably on the back page, along with comments from the manager (which also takes time to do).
In the USA, a town the size of Redditch would have it's own seven day a week paper, and the local sports club be covered every day.
As it is, after Christmas it could be said that Redditch supporters will be lucky to get what they do at the moment in the Advertiser with planned staff cuts afoot.
I will try and include them where possible though up till then,.

jenko
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 am

Quality Jenko.Bonus points awarded too.USA are cack at cricket though.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  jenko Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:32 am

I once saw the USA thrash a Staffs Clubs League side in my home town of Rugeley. The Yanks were over for the ICC Trophy and the sixes were flying everywhere. So they do have a team, granted probably not a very good one.
But remember this, the first international match was played in New York between USA and Canada 1844 so the American were first again!!

jenko
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:57 pm

We have a local cricket team in Richmond.....trouble is, their local rivals are in Baltimore!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down