Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTBALL..... its in the name

+8
redditch born
nevergreen
Leethall
del boy
rawlings09
Redditchbluenose86
porrohman
ROWLY1971
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FOOTBALL..... its in the name - Page 2 Empty Re: FOOTBALL..... its in the name

Post  rawlings09 Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:34 am

A while ago i'd have said "i'd rather play hoofball and win, than pretty football and lose"... Now that we are resorting to hoofball and not winning more, we should start playing football more.

I'm sure it can't be THAT hard to pass a ball, keep a ball, tire the oppostion out and wait for openings... or in the worst case scenario if we keep the ball the worst result we'll get is a 0-0 draw.

I'm sure lessons have been learned from the WBA game Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:42 am

littleworthred wrote:absolutely Right Rowly, The club are looking for attractive football.
The players are being encouraged and trained to play a mix of both passing on the floor football and GOOD long ball passing using the 3 main elements of football, playing Through, Over and Round the opposition.
With Jimmy Deabill now in the squad there is an opportunity to work on some decent long ball passes but not all the time, as the team is still being added to (although almost there now) the team will start to settle and play a good mix of football that is both competitive and attractive.
In no way are we going to be Barca but at the same time we are not going to be a hoof ball team either, we are as you say Very Happy looking for that common ground and as both the Team and the Pitch Improve so will the Football.

Im afraid, without slipping into negative-kev-mode, I tend to disagree.
The management and coach have been in charge long enough now to have their footballing personality coming through their team on a matchday.
The amount of football TRIED to be played against WBA was disappointing to me more than the fact of ACTUALLY playing.
It looked like the mindset of the players is hoofball, and if thats the case then thats down to tactics coaching and instructions.
I fail to see how Deabill can be a striker that would encourage anything other than hoofball, eyebrows up looked decent, eyebrows down looked poor.

Again all opinions from what I saw, and I may be, and HOPE I am proven wrong with the team TRYING to play football that is pleasing to the eye.
For me though as yet, the jury is out
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  littleworthred Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:26 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
littleworthred wrote:absolutely Right Rowly, The club are looking for attractive football.
The players are being encouraged and trained to play a mix of both passing on the floor football and GOOD long ball passing using the 3 main elements of football, playing Through, Over and Round the opposition.
With Jimmy Deabill now in the squad there is an opportunity to work on some decent long ball passes but not all the time, as the team is still being added to (although almost there now) the team will start to settle and play a good mix of football that is both competitive and attractive.
In no way are we going to be Barca but at the same time we are not going to be a hoof ball team either, we are as you say Very Happy looking for that common ground and as both the Team and the Pitch Improve so will the Football.

Im afraid, without slipping into negative-kev-mode, I tend to disagree.
The management and coach have been in charge long enough now to have their footballing personality coming through their team on a matchday.
The amount of football TRIED to be played against WBA was disappointing to me more than the fact of ACTUALLY playing.
It looked like the mindset of the players is hoofball, and if thats the case then thats down to tactics coaching and instructions.
I fail to see how Deabill can be a striker that would encourage anything other than hoofball, eyebrows up looked decent, eyebrows down looked poor.

Again all opinions from what I saw, and I may be, and HOPE I am proven wrong with the team TRYING to play football that is pleasing to the eye.
For me though as yet, the jury is out
Hope your proven wrong as well mate, Tuesday although not an excuse our lads had all been at work all day where as there team don't work full time. despite the score I don't think we did to bad considering although I was busy dealing with naughty kids on the green stand Crying or Very sad
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 am

porrohman wrote:To be fair Lee all I ever do when Fifa Moses Garvey and Cameron Jones are playing is swear about them as well.
As in ' FFS Head against wall Cameron why are you on the left touchline when the ball is on the right touchline?'

Moses Garvey is absolute dross.

There is no harm attacking from the touchline or staying out on the white line like good old fashion wingers did, the problem is that there is nobody good enough in centre midfield with the ability to play good quick ball to the wingers. It is slow movement perfectly shown by the likes of Warmer
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:30 am

Leethall wrote: It is slow movement perfectly shown by the likes of Warmer

How Dare you! wanker wanker

Wink

Just kidding, you fault him, but there's no one that could do his job better in the sqaud!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:17 am

rawlings09 wrote:

Wink

Just kidding, you fault him, but there's no one that could do his job better in the sqaud!

Tom Warmer best we got! Looking like its going to be a long season!!!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 am

Agreed
Agreed
Agreed.
The 2 wide guys are only good or ok in flashes.
Certainly high volume slating from the dug out to Garvs cant do anything to boost the lads confidence, which is what I heard a lot of Tuesday as did others.
A far better wide man than both of them came on as a sub 1st half. Redditch lad too.
TW being our centre mid linch pin is also very worrying.
I'd much rather see Joe Adams there or Mark Hands than Tom.
Come to think of it, with them as wide men, Tom in the middle and Deabill leading the line, its not looking too rosie as far as I can see.

I wouldnt bet against the U21s Saturday anyway.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:37 am

We had a good debate about Tom on Tuesday. My view..he's very good in our half, breaking up play, giving it quickly. I'd like to see him give more in their half/final third. To me a centre midfielder should get 5-10 goals per season. I've never seen Tommy shoot. He's not a holding midfielder either, we pull our other forward back when we defend to make a 5 in the middle. He doesn't need to hold. We need a creative midfielder that can score goals with Tom. Joe looked the part when he was here.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Joe would of been ideal Porro I think, given time and encouragement.
Fit kid with a good engine but with good quality too.
Would give Tom splinters I believe.
Scoes goals also.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:01 am

We had Lei Brown, Mark Hands and Joe Adams at the start of the season who would all provide much more balance and attacking options. We are lethargic and slow going forward. The 2 wide players stiffly the full backs from attacking.

Tom Warmer can only tackle and provide simple little balls in midfield, not got anything in his locker to open up a defence or score goals.

Interesting to watch other teams in this league, Barwell started off with 3 up front against Evesham (Barlone, Towers and Kev Charley). They started off passing the ball around and getting the full backs bombing forward. Weary switched things around and typical Evesham played hoofball directly with Fitter moved in field and Qaynor and Blake switching flanks. Barwell went 1 up then 2-1 down but they switched the style of play to adopt the side they were playing.

Redditch cannot seem to be able to do this against sides
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:56 am

Leethall wrote:We had Lei Brown, Mark Hands and Joe Adams at the start of the season who would all provide much more balance and attacking options.

Totally agree with the 1st one.
Unfortuntely Brown wouldnt come back, neither would Adams I presume, and Hands has now worked himself into the Chasetown team under the new manager.

The 2nd point is what I made in an earlier post.
If Plan A is hoofball, then so is Plan B, C, D etc etc.
If Plan A involves footballing the football, at least it opens you up to more workable plans if needed late on in a game.
No team starts off with hoofball, and if it doesnt work resorts to getting it down and passing it around for the last 15 looking for an opening!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 am

redditch born wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

Wink

Tom Warmer best we got! Looking like its going to be a long season!!!!

Very Happy Indeed a long season if he is the best we have or will get!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Leethall wrote:We had Lei Brown, Mark Hands and Joe Adams at the start of the season who would all provide much more balance and attacking options.

Totally agree with the 1st one.
Unfortuntely Brown wouldnt come back, neither would Adams I presume, and Hands has now worked himself into the Chasetown team under the new manager.

The 2nd point is what I made in an earlier post.
If Plan A is hoofball, then so is Plan B, C, D etc etc.
If Plan A involves footballing the football, at least it opens you up to more workable plans if needed late on in a game.
No team starts off with hoofball, and if it doesnt work resorts to getting it down and passing it around for the last 15 looking for an opening!

Agree totally Rowly. The 1st point is that we had 3 good footballing central midfielders, 1 young, hungry and learning his trade but one worth investing in, 1 that is a good footballer but a little hot headed and requires man management and the last fighting his way back to full fitness but a proven Southern League Prem player who needed a little time to gain fitness but would have offered much more by playing from the start for 60 minutes building up his fitness. Now playing for a better side in a better league IMO.

Second point is spot on. Being able to adapt to the team you are playing against, the conditions, the game scenario (eg 10 v 11 men & vice versa) is vitally important. I am overall very disappointed with Redditch (other than against Cambridge City when to be fair we were very lucky) in that we cannot do this. It is easy for the opposition to know what they are up against when they play us, as soon as you work it out then it is pretty straight forward to play against.

The top sides in this league as the season progress will all have this in there lockers and that is why they will be at the top and we will be scrapping at the bottom. Take Evesham for example, they are just a route 1 side (hoofball) with Poutney up front (Lewis & Not Craig!) with Palmer off him. They rely on set play to score goals with Fitter providing quality penetrating deliveries into the box for the likes of Daniel, Jones, Whilding, Poutney etc to get on the end off. Westy though is able to change things around against sides, they do not have the quality like last season when they had the 3 Ghanians to play football so they play to the strengths they have but also have a few players who can play football. Albeit they will be bottom 6/7 this season from what I have seen.

Have been impressed with Oxford City & Barwell play, the latter have now signed Liam Daly from Leamongton who have released him and Tony Breedon and they are doing well!

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 am

It's the old question..results or performance? Or does the latter provide the former? I'd suggest teams towards the bottom of the table would take a 1-0 result (hoofballing ) over a great passing performance yet a 1-0 defeat. Let's not forget it wasn't too long since we beat Cambridge and that wasn't a hoofballing performance. I don't agree we were lucky at all Lee! ( see previous posts on that game !).
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2