Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make or break?

+4
ted striker
Bob Marley
porrohman
fingers
8 posters

Go down

Make or break? Empty Make or break?

Post  fingers Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:58 am

Just had a look at the Reds' next six league fixtures ahead of Saturday's game, and they could define the season.

With the league starting to take shape (Big spenders Brackley, Oxford and Leamington at the top, Banbury sliding after a decent start) a run of winnable games will either see United kick on, or get dragged into the dogfight.

Weymouth (A) in the bottom half followed by Arlesey (H) and Hemel (A) who are both in the relegation places.

Tough midweek trip to Chesham, but Banbury (H) and Bedford (A) follow that up before the local games over Christmas.

The Reds have 15 points from 15 games now - how many will they have after those six matches (assuming no postponements), at the half way stage?

I reckon they'll get 7 points from that lot and be a couple of places higher than they are now.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Make or break? Empty Re: Make or break?

Post  porrohman Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 am

Andy,
There's no doubt the team are getting it together. Last night in the second half we played really well. Rowly I counted 3 throw outs from Deano to our full backs!!Progress! Unfortunately our biggest attcking threat Connor Deards goes back to Walsall at the end of the month. He has been out of this world last few games. Jimmy was a busy man second half as Jones and Deards caused mayhem down the flanks. If we can replace Deards with a quality right midfielder I think 10 points is realistic. We don't concede too many goals as well. If the plan last night was keep it tight first half and as the game goes on we'll get at them down the flanks, sure up the middle, and keep it tight at the back..then it was carried out to perfection! Loved the last two home games. Loved them.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 am

Interesting to note the difference between home and away records too.

Home: Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 2, Scored 8, Conceded 4, 14 points.

Away: Won 0 Drawn 1, Lost 6, Scored 4, Conceded 13, 1 point.

What do we think the reasons are for that?

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 am

fingers wrote:Interesting to note the difference between home and away records too.

Part of the reason was Socket & Smith... affraid
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:56 am

Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:Interesting to note the difference between home and away records too.

Part of the reason was Socket & Smith... affraid

... under whom we earned our only away point to date (1 point from 3 matches); since their departure, 0 points from 4 completed* matches.

Speak with data, Steve - if I learned nothing else in nine years of working with you, I sure learned that.

*Let's bracket out Chesham, eh?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:22 am

Just remembered that fingers started this thread ahead of the trip to Weymouth, previewing the run of matches that we have now completed. The trip to Chesham was, of course, cancelled, but from the five other games, a very healthy return of 12 points, which I think no one expected. And after going 14 months, 4200 miles, and whatever else it was without winning away from home, it's now three on the trot and suddenly we are at the top of the bottom half of the table!

Onwards and upwards!

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:15 am

ted striker wrote:Just remembered that fingers started this thread ahead of the trip to Weymouth, previewing the run of matches that we have now completed. The trip to Chesham was, of course, cancelled, but from the five other games, a very healthy return of 12 points, which I think no one expected. And after going 14 months, 4200 miles, and whatever else it was without winning away from home, it's now three on the trot and suddenly we are at the top of the bottom half of the table!

Onwards and upwards!

Indeed a top run of results! The next 3 games will determine if we can put ourselves firmly in the playoff picture with the home game v Stourbridge and away games v Evesham and Leamongton santa
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 am

Leethall wrote: Leamongton santa

Now, Now, Lee! You know they don't like being called that! Fishing
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:33 am

rawlings09 wrote:
Leethall wrote: Leamongton santa

Now, Now, Lee! You know they don't like being called that! Fishing

Don't worry mate it is accepted on the Non League Football Forum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.nonleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=20138&p=1

We are now debating how much Leamongton pay out and that they are due a dip in form Fishing Very Happy Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 am

Big games coming up, I think we will know how good or not? after the leamington game. Beat them and play offs real posability
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:05 pm

we are now at last starting to turn it round on the pitch. The next three games will determine how far we have come.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:18 pm

ted striker wrote:Just remembered that fingers started this thread ahead of the trip to Weymouth, previewing the run of matches that we have now completed. The trip to Chesham was, of course, cancelled, but from the five other games, a very healthy return of 12 points, which I think no one expected. And after going 14 months, 4200 miles, and whatever else it was without winning away from home, it's now three on the trot and suddenly we are at the top of the bottom half of the table!

Onwards and upwards!

Ahem....**coughs** I predicted 10. I win.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:44 pm

We drew with Leamington at home infront of a subdued crowd so it'd be good if we could take some vocal support.. and Tommo.

I'd fancy another draw away but considering we only see one opposition team play twice a year it's hard to determine how we'll get on.

Still, no complaints about where we are in the table!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 pm

rawlings09 wrote:We drew with Leamington at home infront of a subdued crowd so it'd be good if we could take some vocal support.. and Tommo.

I'd fancy another draw away but considering we only see one opposition team play twice a year it's hard to determine how we'll get on.

Still, no complaints about where we are in the table!

I wouldn't say Leamongton are anything special but they have a much stronger squad than us.

Also those going to the game need to be warned it is the coldest ground I have ever visited!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:36 pm

fingers wrote:Just had a look at the Reds' next six league fixtures ahead of Saturday's game, and they could define the season.

With the league starting to take shape (Big spenders Brackley, Oxford and Leamington at the top, Banbury sliding after a decent start) a run of winnable games will either see United kick on, or get dragged into the dogfight.

Weymouth (A) 3PTS in the bottom half followed by Arlesey (H) and Hemel (A) 3PTS who are both in the relegation places.

Tough midweek trip to Chesham , but Banbury (H) 3PTS and Bedford (A) 3PTS follow that up before the local games over Christmas Leamington 3PTS.

The Reds have 15 points from 15 games now - how many will they have after those six matches (assuming no postponements), at the half way stage?

I reckon they'll get 7 points from that lot and be a couple of places higher than they are now.

total accumulated = 15 points. Bow down
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down