Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Todays result

+3
porrohman
alottmentender
StockportReds
7 posters

Go down

Todays result Empty Todays result

Post  StockportReds Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:22 am

Just seen that the Reds were beat 1-0, still 10 points above the bottom 3 though.
Hopefully there was a good gate?

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Todays result Empty Re: Todays result

Post  alottmentender Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:25 am

the gate ive been told was 418.
i cant beleave that they still have moses garvey still at the valley,i cant see anything there to warrant them keeping him.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 am

No complaints. We did have a good period first half with Jake Jones prominent, but injuries made the second half a real struggle.
We ended up with a right winger at right back, a right back at left back, a left back at centre half, and two new centre midfielders.
Don't usually knock the refs but this guy was quite simply dreadful. He played on for 30 seconds after Jake accidently kicked one of their guys in the head, then he stopped play..then restarted with a free kick to them after he'd played fully 30 seconds after the incident...he was utterley incompetent. Both sets of players were constantly baffled by most of his decisions. Woeful.
Strangely, we had 4 players called Aaron on the pitch at the end. Sleep
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:02 am

were any of them called Aaron A G String?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Agree with Porrohman, no complaints though I thought a draw would have been a fair result. First half we were good value and it was very even. Second half we suffered due to Hickman and Warmer getting injured and it seemed to badly affect our gameplan.

Hickman didn't come out for the second half and Tommy Warmer only lasted a few minutes so we spent 90 % of the second half without two very influential players, and boy did it show when you see Moses-Garvey at right back. Virtually all their attacks in the second half came down that side.

The goal was a somewhat hopeful looking shot which went through a crowded penalty area, I doubt whether Dean Coleman even saw it, he must have been completely unsighted.

This result confirms my opinion that our first choice X1 will compete with anyone in this league but we lack any great strength in depth and a few unfortunate injuries or suspensions here and there could knock our season off it's course. I can live with this result, a point at Leamington would be great, but I will be disappointed if we don't beat Evesham.

Crowd was not bad. I was hoping for more and I think we would have got it with a more traditional morning kick off, and many I spoke to agreed. Anyone with any views on this ?

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:14 am

Agree with the previous comments. First half we looked the more likelier to score. However if you you dont shoot you dont score. And while we played some decent football at times in particular the first half, there was no-one who seemed prepared to shoot when given the chance. The injuries to Alex and Tommy saw us wanting in the second half. On reflection, a draw would have been a fair result. But thats football!

As a ref myself, I was somewhat baffled by the decisions of the ref, yesterday. He did appear to be listening to the calls of the opposition rather than making his own decisions. And Have I missed the new offside rule? I thought that if an attacker is behind the defender when the ball is kicked, he is "on-side" . Obviuosly not. Still we live and learn.

See you all for the Evesham game.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:29 am

Having slept on it, the ref in my opinion, got worse overnight. wanker x 1000000000000000000000
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  dontrunsingles Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:49 am

Agree with mattim, i find it unbelievable that on one hand the Chairman moans about the cost of switching on the floodlights then the club decides to kick off at 3 instead of say 1 when no lights would probably have been needed !!.

dontrunsingles
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:03 am

Must admit I had a panic about 12 o clock when I suddenly thought it may a lunchtime KO
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down