Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frome Town match report

5 posters

Go down

Frome Town match  report Empty Frome Town match report

Post  in2thevalley Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:55 am

Frome Town bounced back from a disappointing defeat at Hemel Hempstead to record their biggest league victory of the season as they comprehensively beat Redditch 4-0 with Ricky Hulbert fittingly scoring the fourth goal in his penultimate game before departing for New Zealand.Despite the final scoreline, Frome looked shaky in the opening minutes and the hosts went close in the opening minute from a corner, an then in the 9th minute a slip by Dean Flockton allowed Stuart Hendrie to cross for Joe Halsall to produce a header that hit the top of the Frome crossbar. Another cross from Hendrie three minutes later found Tefa Robinson unmarked at the far post but the header cleared the bar and the travelling Frome fans could breathe again.As the match progressed, Frome started to settle and the 23rd minute saw a great Frome move involving Alex Lapham and Mike Perrott, with the latter chipping the ball over the last defender to Dean Evans. HIs shot was parried by Dean Coleman, but Perrott was on hand to coolly slot the ball home for his first outfield goal of the season.Dean Evans almost doubled the lead two minutes later as he latched onto an error from Coleman but failed to convert, and Frome then started to really turn on the style with quick passing and movement on the slick pitch that constantly threatened the Redditch goal.However, Redditch also had their moments, and the 35th minute saw a good passing build up produce a shot from Aaron Stringfellow that was hit high and wide from the right of the penalty area.The start of the second half produced some scrappy play, with the highlights of the period concerning new signing Chris Allen who produced a super run from defence in the 55th minute, and then a 25 yard curling effort that just missed the far post.Frome’s second goal arrived in the 72nd minute in slightly bizarre fashion as Luke Ballinger let fly with a speculative 30 yard effort straight at Coleman, who had the ball covered all the way, but then fumbled the shot into the net to the dismay of the home fans.Frome survived a scare four minutes later as Hendrie was put clean through but then shot well wide of the target, but then the wrapped the match up several minutes later as Hulbert raced clean through the home defence, only to be pulled down Aaron Forde who was shown a straight red by Premier League Assistant Referee Sian Massey.Josh Brigham smashed home the penalty and Frome were home and dry, but there was still time for to score the fourth in the 82nd minute as another excellent passing move saw Perrott thread the ball through to Hulbert who beat the keeper with ease to break a long scoring drought.The last kick of the match saw an Aaron Ledgister free kick deflected just past the post, and Frome’s excellent performance had produced a very useful 4 goal and 3 points that should set the scene nicely for the visit of Cambridge City on Saturday
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Frome Town match  report Empty Re: Frome Town match report

Post  porrohman Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:30 am

Good report. I thought Frome played the ref much better than us, every hard challenge from us they went down ,and three of four players appealed loudly and she fell for it every time. Terrible referee. NOT an excuse for losing. Frome players were a right laugh, great banter with their number 2, and 4 and keeper, highlight of a desperate night. I think it's worse as we were expecting so much last night, six unbeaten, not conceding...all set up for a resounding win and we got stuffed.... well and truly. I'd really shake it up Saturday... it's the bench for Jimmy, Deano and Tesfa. Benbow needs a kick up the arse after last night, but him and Billy up top to start, Knott RB Stringy LB and Jake in goal. Tommy and Joey in the middle Hendrie and Ozzy on the wings.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 am

funny how evryone see things differant as i thought that the ref had a decent game and got most things corrrect,as for the penalty that was down to the assistant ref.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:31 pm

alottmentender wrote:funny how evryone see things differant as i thought that the ref had a decent game and got most things corrrect,as for the penalty that was down to the assistant ref.

Agree with this and that the ref and Lino got the penalty and sending off spot on. Stupid from Forde in letting the ball bounce instead of clearing it with his heed 1st time and then hauling down the striker.

The ref was very good, one of the best ones you will get this season.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm

I have to say that I thought Miss Massey was excellent; certainly better than most ref's that we have seen at The Valley this season. If she wasn’t a bit of a ‘celebrity’, her performance would have gone unnoticed by me. And if a ref can come away from a game and not be a talking point, then they have done a good job as far as I'm concerned.

She officiates in the Premier League, so is obviously held in high regard! After some of the refs we have had this year, I would take an official of her ability any day of the week!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:42 am

You cannot be serious!!! She was woeful. She was conned constantly by Frome and fell for every trick in the book, she missed a blatant foul on Joey in the second half from 5 yards away.You should ask the players what they thought of her when you get the chance.....
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 am

yes she did miss a few ! However she was not as bad as some of the officials that heve been down the Valley. The Linesman on the Cedar Road side was totally out of his depth. ( Clueless)
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down