Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STOURBRIDGE 1 REDDITCH 0

5 posters

Go down

STOURBRIDGE 1 REDDITCH 0 Empty STOURBRIDGE 1 REDDITCH 0

Post  ROWLY1971 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds
Leethall Today at 1:09 pm

.ROWLY1971 wrote:
After just 2 games, 1 defeat and 1 win against an awful Evesham side, I'd like to wait a little longer to say I may of been wrong if I feel I am. Hope that's ok with the knee jerkers here.

Spot on, I reserve judgement until after seeing how Lee Hendrie and the team do against 2 of the better sides in Stourbridge & Oxford City..

Who went today then?
Did Lee prove his worth...if so what happened to the others? If not why not?
Was it a fair result?
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

STOURBRIDGE 1 REDDITCH 0 Empty Re: STOURBRIDGE 1 REDDITCH 0

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am

Lee Hendrie didn't play he's injured
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am

Lee didn't play, had a niggle and will be back for the Oxford game apparently.

From my perspective I didn't think we played too badly but Stourbridge were more effective attacking than us. We had a 5 minute spell where we couldn't get it out of our own half and it cost us by conceding a scrappy goal. We couldn't finish our chances either, few players looked nervous in the box and were poor with their touches. Stuart Hendrie was unlucky at the end with an effort from outside of the box rattling the post.

Think we could of held on for a draw but we were a bit unlucky. Desperately need to beat Oxford on Saturday as we have been dragged back into the dogfight again.

lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:58 am

ROWLY1971 wrote: Re: Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds
Leethall Today at 1:09 pm

.ROWLY1971 wrote:
After just 2 games, 1 defeat and 1 win against an awful Evesham side, I'd like to wait a little longer to say I may of been wrong if I feel I am. Hope that's ok with the knee jerkers here.

Spot on, I reserve judgement until after seeing how Lee Hendrie and the team do against 2 of the better sides in Stourbridge & Oxford City..

Who went today then?
Did Lee prove his worth...if so what happened to the others? If not why not?
Was it a fair result?

Lee Hendrie was injured from Evesham Game with slight calf strain. he said after the game saturday he would be doubtful. Redditch midfield went missing for spells during game today. He would of definitely helped today
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:01 am

He would of probably done better in goal too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:22 am

i think it was a fair result, just.the pitch was pretty poor and made reds pitch look good so reds couldnt really blame the state of the pitch for the result,thought we were poor in defence at times and if it hadnt been for alex and some pretty poor finishing stour could have been well in front by the end.we did look dangerous once bembo came on and put some good balls thru but once again we seem to lack that cutting edge in front of goal although stu hendrie did it base of post with one good effort from edge of box but if i'm honest we wouldnt have deserved it.the ref seemed a bit over zealous with his whistle.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Benbow was effective as soon as he came on but I felt towards the end of the game when we needed to keep it simple and make no errors he was poor. He tried a stupid flick that came to nothing and froze like a statue in the box on one occasion rather than shooting or playing somebody in. Not sure if other people will agree with me but that was the way I saw it.

Thought Tesfa was poor as well today and they exposed that in the period when they scored that goal when they attacked from the right wing wave after wave till the put the ball in the net.

As others have said think Hickman and Grimes were good and they are part of the reason we have shipped so little goals in games this season. We need to finish off our chances at the other end so that they good work isnt wasted.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down