Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck Jermaine

+3
in2thevalley
rawlings09
mattim
7 posters

Go down

Good luck Jermaine Empty Good luck Jermaine

Post  Guest Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:12 am

I have been told by a 100% trustworthy source that Jermaine Hylton is playing for Birmingham City v Manchester City reserves next week and is also been watched  by Southampton and MK Dons

Last edited by toffeeman on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Good luck Jermaine Empty Re: Good luck Jermaine

Post  mattim Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:02 am

Yes I believe this is correct. I hope to heaven he's on contract !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:08 am

Yes that is correct we have given permission for Jermaine to play on Monday.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:27 am

Is he on contract Dave?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:37 am

rawlings09 wrote:Is he on contract Dave?
I hope so
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:49 am

I had a good chat with Liam before the season started this year and we thought we could learn lessons of previous seasons where we had extra costs and no value when numerous contract players were inured (Patterson, Molyneux, Hickman). When a player signs a contract the club are then responsible for PAYE & NI on what is then their earnings (not expenses as in non contract), so an additional approx £33 extra in every £100 – so £133.

Also as Liam thought that it would be unlikely that we would get significant payment for a majority of our players & he was confident that they wouldn’t just transfer sideways for more money coupled with the League transfer window for League clubs so he decided to give them the extra money in their expenses instead.

Liam is an excellent Manager and represents Jermaine, so I’m sure he will get a good deal for the club & the player should he be lucky enough to be signed, after all, at the end of each season all the players are free agents.

Hope this makes sense but happy to chat with anyone that has any other questions.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:58 am

Well I hope we make a few quid from the deal because we've just lost our Boxing Day fixture !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:45 am

Dave.

The explanation you gave makes perfect sense.
Of course, most fans think we lose out when a player moves to another club....but the financial burden of having a player on contract is too much for our club...considering the very, very few players that leave and move up the pyramid.

It's a sensible...man to man arrangement.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 am

Davey, thanks for the info. I do however struggle to see in the instance of Jermaine why the club would not put him on contract as he would fetch money for a club signing him. I did not think Patterson being put on contract was a wise move buy Hylton was a big yes as you know his potential and also he would get cherry picked by higher level clubs for nothing.

I hope he does well for Blues tomorrow but he would probably be better suited with a move to a MK Dons or Peterborough as he would have a much better chance of playing. Also Blues apparently need to find circa £3.5-4 million to get through to the end of the season.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:21 am

Hello Blues reserves were 2 v 0 down after 3 minutes but come back to win 3 v 2 and the great news Jermaine scored and by all accounts played really well, so who knows could be on his way soon?

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:33 am

toffeeman wrote:Hello Blues reserves were  2 v 0 down after 3 minutes but come back to win 3 v 2 and the great news Jermaine scored and by all accounts played really well, so who knows could be on his way soon?
Blues recovered from a shocking start – two goals adrift in little more than three minutes – to record a fine victory over their hosts.
In what transpired to be one of their best performances of the season so far, goals by Charlie Cooper (pictured) and trialists Jermaine Hylton and Kamal Guthmy changed the outcome of the friendly.

Blues were right up against it at the beginning at Manchester’s new and luxurious £200 million Academy training complex.

Manchester shaded an offside decision to open the scoring and then soon after a second goal was smashed in.

But Richard Beale’s side settled and gained a foothold in the game.

Cooper reduced the arrears with a clever dink over the ‘keeper after latching onto a back pass; Hylton’s pressure of the centre-halves helped create the opportunity.

And then Redditch United striker Hylton put Blues level with a fine strike after receiving the ball with his back to goal, dropping his shoulder and going one way then the other to create space.

What proved to be the decisive goal came in the second-half from substitute Guthmy, who picked his spot to drill home in the aftermath of Hylton winning the ball and laying it into the box.

Blues used Cooper and Viv Solomon-Otabor wide of a middle three of Reece Brown, Reece Webb and Liam Truslove, with Hylton up front.

Beale said: “I was really pleased with the result but more so the players’ application, attitude and attention to do the things asked of them, the basics in a first class manner.

“It was a difficult start for us conceding two goals so quickly. But we recovered very well and kept a solid shape, maintained our discipline and threatened ourselves. It was an excellent performance.”
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:55 am

Signing for Swindon?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:21 am

Swindon Advertiser says he has signed for Swindon Town on a two and a half year deal and has been pulled out of the squad for today's game at Banbury.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:13 am

Good luck at Swindon wishing you every success. The question is what is this worth to Redditch United?

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:41 pm

toffeeman wrote:The question is what is this worth to Redditch United?

Absolutely p*ss all I fear! As far as any big club is concerned, any top class player at Redditch United, unless under contract, is a free agent, and therefore won't have to pay anything for him, which also means no sell on clauses or any added extras. At best we could get a goodwill gesture, but I can't see that being likely. Unfortunately it's another free player for the potential price of success, after watching today's game vs Banbury we have very little to offer upfront.

Whilst i understand and appreciate that in the past players who have been put on a contract have been injured and ruled out or not played to the best of their abilities, I feel we as a club have missed out big time with hylton as he never really looked like getting injured, rarely missed a game and enjoyed playing for Redditch United. It's a big shame that our best player in recent seasons is yet another statistic of players not under contract moving to a bigger club for more money.

I get the feeling that there's something or some things going on at the club that we're not being told about..

That is just my opinion on matters, could be totally wrong!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:58 am

You could be right in what you say who knows unless someone from the club makes an offical statement to explain the transfer but it seems once again it is nothing for the Reds. It is the same for all small teams the only way to survive is sell your best players and re invest the money back into the club but to get that we have to put them on contract and we can't afford that another catch 22. Mr Swann please explain the finacial situation of the club,yes i know we are debt free but can we progress any further in the pyramid system our are we always going to be a southern prem club at best? and how big a blow to the clubs future was not getting a new ground? and is there any realistic chance of getting the 3G pitch?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:38 am

I think DJ did a pretty good job explaining the minefield of contracts with players at this level.....didn't really help the club before, did it?

The fans have to accept that until we have the internal resources to support such a structure, that is how it will be for the medium term...frustrating as it is when you get a jewel like Jermaine.

It's too easy to insist Mr Swan spends his own money in the club.....just because other owners are expected to do it with zero chance of return?

The current business/football model is working (I saw it with my very own eyes over Christmas)....slowly (but surely) the Reds are developing solid foundations to build on in the future.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Totally agree Bob. Whilst it is incredibly frustrating to see a player of his quality go without any obvious benefit to the club I can also see it from the club's point of view. Until we are more financially sound we cannot afford to have players on contract.

This season has been an absolute pleasure to be a Redditch United supporter. Not only are we challenging at the top of the table but we are playing the game the right way and I reckon one of the best footballing sides in our league.

BUT we are surely massively overachieving when you take into account our playing budget and it's easy to get too complacent about how the  club is doing financially. We are currently fourth in the table and whilst I do not know the exact figures I would bet a decent amount of money on the fact that we would be about fourth from bottom if the league was based on playing budget. In a Premiership context it's like Burnley being in a Champion's  league spot.

Huge credit to everyone involved and as I said, frustrating though it is we are just going to have to live with it until the club is on a more secure footing.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Mattim....I agree 100% with your comments.

Dennis asked the question 'is this our level?'....I think the answer to that question at this time is YES....the finances of the club are more stable (speaking without absolute data), but nowhere near the level to compete at the conf north level.

Maybe MM can enlighten us on playing budgets, but I would suggest to be an average side in the conf north, you would need a playing squad of 20 players on $150/week....so $3000 per week?

On a 8 month playing season we would need $96,000 playing budget before travel, officials and other expenses....easily another $50,000.

So we would need to generate $150k per year to 'survive'.

We play 21 home games plus 3-4 cup games....so lets say 24 home games per season (cup game income is split with opposition)...which means generating over $6k per home game to break even.....with our current home attendance at 250...we are only generating half of what we would need (OK, you would expect higher home average with bigger teams etc etc.)

We are far, far away from the 'break-even'....so without extra income from a 4G pitch etc....I would heavily suggest that we are better where we are for a few seasons yet.

It's a harsh reality.....but the budget has to balance without putting the club in the same situation as previously.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:59 am

Wthe club in the past has had contracted players who have not helped the club. If you have a player such as Jermaine Hylton who as InToTheValley says plays every game and is a top prospect as he has been it is a no brainer to put him on contract. If you got £20k for him instead of a packet of quavers then the income minus his costs would keep the club going for a few months.

No brainer for me, I know the costs involved in contracting players but where you can make money on this type of transfer then a club should be trying to do so. Yes a gamble sometimes but good business sense and I would imagine not much on top of what he was being played, it is not like you are contracting the whole squad just the odd few. Missed opportunity alongside Sterling-James IMO
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:56 am

You seem to be writing as though it was our given right to make Jermaine sign a contract. I can imagine it now …Jermaine sign this contract for £xx a week please…..but boss was I on more than that last year? Yes but we have to pay Tax & NI. But boss, I thought the top goal scorers in our league on £350+, I could get more at Solihull or Leamington boss!

Knowing he would probably get snapped up at some point, I bet he’d be rushing to sign a contract lol.
If we paid him what we was worth, lets face it with our budget we wouldn’t also be watching Sammons, Maye, or Jones….I understand peoples frustrations but budgets are there for a reason.

Re: Omari S-J, I fail to see where the missed opportunity is there? OSJ was on contract last year, players become free agents in our league again on 2nd May so we would of only benefit if he had signed last year. Cheltenham were kind enough to play us a pre season friendly as a goodwill gesture
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:12 pm

No one wants to see us go back to the days of spending more than we have no matter how much we enjoyed the conference north days. You only have to look at Hinckley etc to see where that gets you and we have been so close to been like them. I for one don't expect Mr Swann to finance things from his own pocket but i just want to know have we got a realistic chance of getting the 3G pitch so we can generate the extra cash to take us to the next level within our budget and not putting the whole club at risk. Whoever you support you want your club to progress and not be stuck at the same level. I would like to remind everyone no matter how bad things get at the reds it could be worse you could be a Bromsgrove fan.

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:24 am

I think there are some valid points in this post both for and against contracting players etc. I think a valid point is, the fact that we as fans of the club, are on here debating whether we should be selling players to league clubs for 20k etc. and also the fact that we are a bit disappointed when we only get a point away from home or only score 1 or 2 goals in a victory, must surely mean the club has progressed in leaps and bounds! When I think of some of the dross we have watched week in week out only 2 or 3 years ago then things are massively better. I appreciate people wanting us to play a higher level, but if I'm honest I think another season in SPL playing attractive free scoring football and challenging at the top, giving a young squad another seasons experience, would be preferable to maybe struggling at the next level. The club seems to be stable on and off the pitch now, we all know the chairman wants to improve facilities and therefor income stream, but these plans seem to be scuppered at every turn by the council. I have read a post saying there will be a question and answer session regarding the ongoing situation after Dunstable game. The chairman,manager and club secretary always seem happy to chat to fans about the running of the club, so hopefully anyone who wants any answers, will turn up and ask their questions at the appropriate time.we all have different ideas, let's hope the best ones can be taken forward. UTR.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Came on as sub in last few minutes at Coventry City tonight.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down