Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sammons signs for corby

+3
Reds11
del boy
Redditch boy
7 posters

Go down

Sammons signs for corby Empty Sammons signs for corby

Post  Redditch boy Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:26 pm

Tommy Wright has completed his first new signing of the summer, with midfielder Ashley Sammons joining the club from Redditch United.

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Sammons signs for corby Empty Re: Sammons signs for corby

Post  del boy Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Big, big loss. That said, it's not a surprising loss. He deserves the chance to move up to a higher level. Good luck to him!

For me, he was our player of the season. I'm not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, but I was often left bemused by Liam McDonald's decisions to leave him on the bench when he should have started, subbing him off when he was the best/most threatening player on the pitch etc. If I was Ashley, I would have felt really under appreciated playing for Redditch United last season. In the last few games, you could see it in his performances and his body language, that he'd probably had enough.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:41 pm

I agree with you Del Boy big big loss we have now lost the two most consistent player from last season in Sammons and Jones ...I see from the redditch website we have signed some new players But I fear that the players we have lost will take some replacing this could be an interesting season

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:19 pm

I also agree Sammons is a big loss but again he has been great and deserves to be playing higher.
Del Boy I very much doubt that Sammons moved because Liam subbed him, how many games was Sammons on the bench for last season?
I can only remember 1 and it was against Hungerford, we drew 1-1 and played very well. I'm sure he would have played in the game at home where we lost.
I think he tired towards the end of the season as did the team. we have signed some new players this season so let's be positive. I only have seen Robbie Bunn play and he's very good and a little similar to Sammons.
Let's be positive COYR

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:26 am

Red11 I must agree with your first point I too feel that Sammons decision to leave would be more to do with playing higher level rather than been benched , as for you saying robbie bunn is similar player to Sammons ! I have seen robbie bunn play a few games too I personally would say he's a decent play at that level he plays at ,for me he may find the step up hard sammons was a proven player at this level and can see him playing much higher so to say they are similar is misleading ... But I see he could improve and with maye spink and carline in the engine room we will certainly have some legs on there. UTR

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:47 am

Sorry I don't mean they are both at the same level. I think that Robbie is a goal scoring midfielder who around the box can score goals like Sammons. Sammons is proven and at nearly 24 is a good few years older than Robbie. The way Liam turned carline into a top player at this level I trust he can do the same with Robbie.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:13 am

Robbie does score goals at the level he plays at but wether he can make the step up we will wait and see ... Carline scored 30 odd goals in his last season in a lower div from midfield and IMO was playing way below his level .. But I'm sure robbie will be a good squad player to add to what we have at the club .

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  drummer boy Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:54 am

ashley may had taiks with corby ,and said he will join them but as dave said in earlier posts nobody can sign for clubs before the agm which are in just under 2 weeks time held in torquay
drummer boy
drummer boy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:21 am

It's on the Corby website he's going mate don't worry what Dave said! ( no disrespect to you Dave ) only peter Odemwingie would make that mistake lol ..

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:41 am

Big loss losing Sammons has he was class the last few seasons, scored goals, set up goals and worked hard and a good all round player.

Even if you cannot officially sign the league registration forms players I am sure can commit to a contract with a club or just give their word they are signing.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Leethall wrote:Big loss losing Sammons has he was class the last few seasons, scored goals, set up goals and worked hard and a good all round player.
    Yep totally agree

Leethall wrote:Even if you cannot officially sign the league registration forms players I am sure can commit to a contract with a club or just give their word they are signing.
Spot on, but I thought it was fairly obvious that is what players are doing & I couldn't be bothered to explain it again  Very Happy ...the only difference is that if another club want to speak to Ash now or any time pre-registration they can without issuing a 7 day approach.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:56 am

Who are we signing to take over a pivotal role Ashley made his own over the last couple of seasons.... last player on the coach?
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:32 pm

RockDJ wrote:
Leethall wrote:Big loss losing Sammons has he was class the last few seasons, scored goals, set up goals and worked hard and a good all round player.
    Yep totally agree

Leethall wrote:Even if you cannot officially sign the league registration forms players I am sure can commit to a contract with a club or just give their word they are signing.
Spot on, but I thought it was fairly obvious that is what players are doing & I couldn't be bothered to explain it again  Very Happy ...the only difference is that if another club want to speak to Ash now or any time pre-registration they can without issuing a 7 day approach.

Very Happy Spot on DJ!! I know what you were saying but wanted to make it clear to the others Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Big loss Ash is, loved watching him play football as he was quality, he would have been class on Dipps new pitch Crying with laughter
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down