Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we get promotion?

+5
Mrs Moor
Leethall
del boy
RedJeff
Bob Marley
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can we get promotion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we get promotion?

Post  rawlings09 Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:08 am

I can't get my head round the fact that people still think it's a good idea to "stay in this league" for another year or "we're not ready for the league above" it's a load of bollocks, surely the whole purpose of being in the football business is to aim and achieve as high as possible, so what if we go up and come straight back down? That's life!

The league above hold some exciting potential fixtures, instead of Biggleswade away.. Or Dunstable at home, poor away days and poor away following, no one wants to go to these places.. Hence why our away support in general hasn't been great, whereas back in the conf north we'd half fill/fill a coach more often than not.

We have a great opportunity to go up, we should grab it with both hands and do our best to get promoted, if the attitude is that we're not ready and need another league rotting away in the southern premier league, which we have done for the last 5-6 years, then what's the point in going down to watch a team that isn't ready for anything?

I think we've done acceptionally well this season, Liam, greeny, the squad any everyone involved with the club should be proud to be associated! It'll be nice to go up and stay up but we'll only know by trying!

'Mon the reds!!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Can we get promotion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we get promotion?

Post  Bob Marley Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:23 am

You are right...football is a business

I read recently that Mr Swan subsidizes the club by 40k per year.
If we go up (extra wages etc)...how much will he subsidize the club by? 100k?

That is exactly what happened before...and the end was nigh.

Yes...emotionally, you always want to play at the top level...but realistically, you have to make sure you can afford it and not bet on empty dreams.

The dream of owning a new car is fantastic...but the reality of making the monthly payments for 5 years is the harsh reality...
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2