Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match

+13
A Chesham Fan
fingers
arsene
ted striker
adiy price
rawlings09
porrohman
Leethall
in2thevalley
Tommo
lewism5964
del boy
cheshfan
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match Empty Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match

Post  cheshfan Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:21 pm

I can see that your chairman hasn't kept you upto date on the situation ...... But .......

At a meeting at Wembley Stadium today, The Football Association have upheld Chesham United's Appeal. The decision by the Southern League Board that the Redditch United match should be replayed has been overturned. The result at the time the game ceased will stand. Therefore Chesham United have been awarded a victory with a 1 - 0 scoreline.

cheshfan
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match Empty Re: Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match

Post  del boy Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Good. Well done to the F.A. This is the decision that should have been made in the first place.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match Empty Re: Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match

Post  lewism5964 Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Have to agree even though would have selfishly taken the replay to have another crack, this is the right decision for sure.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:00 pm

yeah prob right decision.
still annoyed that josh ruined tommy warmer day though afro
(and batesy's birthday)
alot of fans wasted money that day, shame!
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Something of a rarity! I find myself agreeing with FA.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Agree the right decision this.

It is a pity that the FA cannot have powers to make people accountable for the actions in scenarios like this and to reimburse the club and it's fans.......

Last edited by Leethall on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Right decision.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Probably the only time Redditch United will be mentioned in Wembley Sad
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

i thought these things normanly ended up as 3.0 . which i think the game would of had at least dont think it will affect us but goal difference helps at the end of the season
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 am

Quite right. The Southern League really set themselves up for a massive fall on this one - well done to the FA for having the common sense to uphold Chesham's appeal and overturn the league's decision.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:19 am

cheshfan wrote:I can see that your chairman hasn't kept you upto date on the situation ...... But .......

...as the club hasn't been officially informed of last night's decision, that might have been tricky. However, according to an article posted to the Redditch website today they have noted the article on the Chesham United website and will await the FA's decision in writing.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:42 am

The website also says that "the Club will consider all of its options" when confirmation is received.

I hope we don't appeal against this. We'd have no support from anyone.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:18 am

del boy wrote:The website also says that "the Club will consider all of its options" when confirmation is received.

+1

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:15 am

ted striker wrote:
del boy wrote:The website also says that "the Club will consider all of its options" when confirmation is received.

+1

+2
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:23 am

Leethall wrote:
ted striker wrote:

+1

+2

+3
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:17 am

in2thevalley wrote:
Leethall wrote:
ted striker wrote:

+1

+2

+3

To put my twopennorth in:

+4
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 am

arsene wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:
Leethall wrote:
ted striker wrote:

+1

+2

+3

+4

I'm going to go against the grain because it's an unnoficial forum and i can do what i like and i want people to agree with my negativity! -1 Wink
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:40 am

rawlings09 wrote:
arsene wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:
Leethall wrote:
ted striker wrote:

+1

+2

+3

+4

I'm going to go against the grain because it's an unnoficial forum and i can do what i like and i want people to agree with my negativity! -1 Wink

Actually I'm going to agree with you, just so that I can start a fight with myself over my earlier post. I'm a fluffing twot and I'm going to lay me out.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Chesham United v Redditch United abandoned match Empty Congratulations Mr Swan ker

Post  cheshfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:55 am

For the most factually incorrect article in the Non League Paper in 2011

All INVOLVED parties in the FA hearing were in the room

I.E the southern league board reps & the club challenging the decision.

cheshfan

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 am

cheshfan wrote:For the most factually incorrect article in the Non League Paper in 2011

All INVOLVED parties in the FA hearing were in the room

I.E the southern league board reps & the club challenging the decision.

Could you please provide a link to the article online, or at least provide the text of the article or which page of the paper i can find it on? I might get chucked out of Sainsbury if I flick through the whole paper looking for it then don't buy the thing.

Thanks.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  cheshfan Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 am

Page 5 of the Non League Paper. 18th December 2011 Issue.

Will Scan the article later

cheshfan

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:36 am

The article claims that Chris Swan is unhappy with the FA's decision to award the game to Chesham United and is annoyed that RUFC (he claims) were excluded from the hearing.

It goes on to say that Swan is awaiting the transcript of the hearing before deciding what to do next - that would suggest the club are considering an appeal.

Chris Swan is quoted as saying:

"We will consider our position on receipt of the transcript.

"I do not understand how you can come to a verdict like this when they haven't heard the side of Redditch United. That's a big problem.

"I'm not in the business of questioning authority but how can you over-ride the Southern League if you haven't heard the full story?

"Let me be clear - we in no way condone what happened during that match. We acted promptly, and before any other match in the country had concluded we had already sacked the player.

"It was an isolated incident . As far as the process, we needed to be heard. It is not just about Redditch - it's about other teams in the league as well.

"We want to know why we were not involved in this appeal depsite asking in writing to attend.

"It is wrong. You cannot have any civil or criminal process where every side isn't represented. Why were Redditch United and the Southern League not in that room?

"We have a right to replay that game. We are very upset about it."

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks cheshfan/fingers. I've now read the article, and have two things to say:

1. Chris Swan has a very valid point about the appeal being unfair if RUFC were excluded from the process. The appeal may have been made by Chesham, to the FA, against a decision of the Southern Football League, but clearly Redditch United have a direct interest in the outcome of that appeal, over and above the indirect interest of the other 20 clubs in the division, and so I feel that the club should have been represented at that appeal - to say that all involved parties were at the hearing is a matter of opinion, and mine is different from yours.

2. Regardless of whether or not Redditch United were represented at that appeal hearing, the decision reached by the FA to overturn the decision of the Southern League and allow the score at the time of abandonment to be recorded as the result must be the right one, for all of the reasons discussed at length in numerous threads on this forum and others and which don't need rehashing here.
For all that Chris's arguments about the process carry significant weight with me, I can't see any reason why the FA should or might reverse their decision, and therefore I hope that the club accepts the findings of the appeal and gets on with the important work of rebuilding the club. Far better to put this incident behind us, in my view, than to drag it out any further when we will have no support or sympathy from anyone outside the club (and not a lot of sympathy from our own supporters, if the views expressed on this thread are anything to go by), and when it could be a huge distraction to the club and potentially cause chaos in the promotion and relegation battles if no final decision is reached until the latter stages of the season or - God forbid - after the season is over.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:28 am

I think I'll take a look at the Rules before commenting - I have some thoughts on this but want to check I'm right first...
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:30 am

fingers wrote:I think I'll take a look at the Rules before commenting - I have some thoughts on this but want to check I'm right first...

You tease.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next