Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if this doesnt get people to the valley

+2
Leethall
adiy price
6 posters

Go down

if this doesnt get people to the valley Empty if this doesnt get people to the valley

Post  adiy price Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 am

ive heard that jimmy moran is boxing former world heavyweight champion tim witherspoon on the pitch in june. if this doesnt get people through the gates nothing will. ive heard jimmys already in training, wont do much for the pitch but if we cant make this pay through the bar and kitchen we might as well pack it all in and go play sunday football
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

if this doesnt get people to the valley Empty Re: if this doesnt get people to the valley

Post  Leethall Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 am

adiy price wrote:ive heard that jimmy moran is boxing former world heavyweight champion tim witherspoon on the pitch in june. if this doesnt get people through the gates nothing will. ive heard jimmys already in training, wont do much for the pitch but if we cant make this pay through the bar and kitchen we might as well pack it all in and go play sunday football

No idea who Jimmy Moran is but I have heard of Tim Witherspoon! Didn't Frank knock him out? Sure Tyson did in about 1985!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

if this doesnt get people to the valley Empty Re: if this doesnt get people to the valley

Post  Bob Marley Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am

If that is true...that is huger than huge for the town...let alone the Reds.

All clubs are feeling the pinch
http://www.telfordunited.com/club-news/a-message-from-the-chairman.html
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Leethall wrote:
adiy price wrote:ive heard that jimmy moran is boxing former world heavyweight champion tim witherspoon on the pitch in june. if this doesnt get people through the gates nothing will. ive heard jimmys already in training, wont do much for the pitch but if we cant make this pay through the bar and kitchen we might as well pack it all in and go play sunday football

No idea who Jimmy Moran is but I have heard of Tim Witherspoon! Didn't Frank knock him out? Sure Tyson did in about 1985!

He knocked Frank out in the 11th round.

But if the rumours are true, this could be a fantastic opportunity for all concerned.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm

so people who read this know who jimmy moran is, hes about 48 who was a amature boxer from redditch who won the heavyweight aba and commelwelth games gold medal ( and i know my spellings bad) tim witherspoon was heavyweight champion who beat frank bruno at wembley hes about 54. i imagine the place will be packed out a lot of people from redditch know or know about jimmy moran
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:00 pm

So an overweight 48 year old is boxing an overweight 54 year old.Good luck with it, not for me I'm afraid.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:10 pm

i think the place will be packed not for the reason that itll be top class boxing but for the two names involved, i think the local papers will jump on this and there will be loads of free advertising. as i said people know jimmy and to see him fighting an ex world champ will bring crowds, not so much young kids but older people with more money to spend. ill make sure i have a ticket if you come ade ill buy you a pint(only you though im getting tighter in me old age)
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:11 pm

porrohman wrote:So an overweight 48 year old is boxing an overweight 54 year old.Good luck with it, not for me I'm afraid.

Haha!! I am not a fan of boxing either so you won't see me there either I am afraid! Good luck to all that are involved in getting this organised and who attend.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Oh and the pre fight is Bob Marley v Mrs Moor De Bore Wink!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Leethall wrote:Oh and the pre fight is Bob Marley v Mrs Moor De Bore Wink!
and that will get fans of this forum there Crying with laughter thats 1 i would pay to watch. might have to start training myself and see if i could get me a FAIR fight for charity only. Handbags
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:12 pm

I remember my boxing days...I'll take on anyone....one after each other!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I remember my boxing days...I'll take on anyone....one after each other!
i remember boxing days as well down the batchley club drunk Crying with laughter
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 am

porrohman wrote:So an overweight 48 year old is boxing an overweight 54 year old.

Any truth in the rumour that it's a fight to the death, with the loser scheduled to meet Audley Harrison?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:34 pm

ted striker wrote:
porrohman wrote:So an overweight 48 year old is boxing an overweight 54 year old.

Any truth in the rumour that it's a fight to the death, with the loser scheduled to meet Audley Harrison?

Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down