Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility!

+7
fingers
in2thevalley
porrohman
nevergreen
rawlings09
Redditchbluenose86
Captain Carlin
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility! Empty 19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility!

Post  Captain Carlin Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 am

When this event was announced before Christmas it was suggested on the forum that advertising, selling admission tickets and sponsorship should commence straight away at the gate at home matches.. the response was 'it is in hand'

Is that where it remains? Perhaps it's me, but there has been a distinct lack of visibility of this being progressed, including missed home games v Worcester, Hinckley which both had reasonable gates and potential to raise some income .....even from non Redditch supporters.

Whilst people are 'sponsoring' horses etc via the internet link (including myself) no money from this has been requested and I actually wonder if the organiser would know who to approach..........too much trust that people will turn up and pay on the night?.............I can see it falling apart and becoming another event where the same few attend on the night and have to sponsor 2 or 3 horses to make the numbers (and the money) up.

The hard/professional sell should start tomorrow v Gainsborough!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility! Empty Re: 19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility!

Post  Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:32 am

Captain Carlin wrote:When this event was announced before Christmas it was suggested on the forum that advertising, selling admission tickets and sponsorship should commence straight away at the gate at home matches.. the response was 'it is in hand'

Is that where it remains? Perhaps it's me, but there has been a distinct lack of visibility of this being progressed, including missed home games v Worcester, Hinckley which both had reasonable gates and potential to raise some income .....even from non Redditch supporters.

Whilst people are 'sponsoring' horses etc via the internet link (including myself) no money from this has been requested and I actually wonder if the organiser would know who to approach..........too much trust that people will turn up and pay on the night?.............I can see it falling apart and becoming another event where the same few attend on the night and have to sponsor 2 or 3 horses to make the numbers (and the money) up.

The hard/professional sell should start tomorrow v Gainsborough!
I believe that the guy setting this up was at the games mentioned and should by all accounts have been going around promoting the event (one would have thought), its advertised on face book, and been in both local papers and is on here and the official website.

Back to top Go down

19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility! Empty Re: 19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility!

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:35 am

I'm sure someone else can explain this a bit more accurately, but I think the organiser has had to go through solicitors etc to ensure the event can go ahead (not 100% sure on that though).
The event is listed in the 'Club Events' section, Calendar, and on Facebook.
I agree this should be pushed tomorrow at the game
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 am

We have it on an advertising board, which is outside the shop on matchdays! :dance:
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 am

It's ok advertising etc but the club needs to get the cash in!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:32 am

Captain Carlin wrote:It's ok advertising etc but the club needs to get the cash in!
sounds like Your volunteering?

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:10 am

i think the point is if you organise an event such as this the main target audience are fans. How many regular fans go on facebook?lets be honest the average age of the Valley is probly nearing 50-55 and out of the regular 200 or so turning up i would guess less than 25 have accounts. Then how many go on often.....reduce to 5-8..and so on.

Similar for a notice outside club shop how many go into shop per match from home crowd?only around 10 i'd say. chances of those 10 seeing notice? Has anyone been selling tickets at the entrance?I'm guessing from whats been said that hasnt happened and surely if checking with the solicitor is left to the last minute then preperation isn't high on the agenda.

5P'S Perfect Planning Prevents Poor Performance
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:43 am

The tickets were printed this week.It's on the main website and has been for ages.It's on the old forum.It's on the new forum.It's been in the press, It's been announced at home games at half time and before the game.It's advertised outside the club shop....which, Nevergreen ,made £600.00 plus from ONE home game, midweek at that. If you think only 10 home fans go in there at home games then you are way out. Re Race night...
5 out of 8 races are sponsored...the solicitors mentioned were merely going to be approached to sponsor races..you don't need to involve any 'legal eagles' to do a race night!!
I trust we'll see Captain carlin and Nevergreen in the club shop tomorrow getting 10 tickets each and selling them.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:17 am

£600 on the release of the new shirt after some wait i would imagine, average takings from shop I estimate to be no more than £30.

I've contributed more than most over the years. Some have longer memories than others and whilst I have tried to put the recent past behind I still find it difficult to move on maybe. I will go and support my team when I can and will give my honest opinion even if it doesn't follow the company line.

Isn't that what this is all about or are we all to sing from the same hymn sheet?

nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 am

5P'S Perfect Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
?
Surely its 6P's ..... Perfect Planning Prevents Pi** Poor Performance(and tickets sales!)
I have given (helping run the club shop, running and paying for the official club website, clearing the pitch etc) and I still go and pay my way in each week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I probably won't go in the shop nor try to sell ten tickets but I will be there on the 19th and may even pay for the horse I have sponsored!
Charge
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 am

nevergreen wrote:£600 on the release of the new shirt after some wait i would imagine, average takings from shop I estimate to be no more than £30.

I've contributed more than most over the years. Some have longer memories than others and whilst I have tried to put the recent past behind I still find it difficult to move on maybe. I will go and support my team when I can and will give my honest opinion even if it doesn't follow the company line.

Isn't that what this is all about or are we all to sing from the same hymn sheet?

£600 came on Shirts, Badges, Scarves, Hats, Mugs, Pennants, old programmes and other stock.
Average taking from the shop, on a weekly basis, i KNOW are over £100, so you're way off!

May i ask what Nevergreen and Captain Carlin are doing to help the situation?

OR are they people that come up with idea's and don't follow them up? And would rather let other people do them?

Please, let me know :dance:
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:11 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
nevergreen wrote:£600 on the release of the new shirt after some wait i would imagine, average takings from shop I estimate to be no more than £30.

£600 came on Shirts, Badges, Scarves, Hats, Mugs, Pennants, old programmes and other stock.
Average taking from the shop, on a weekly basis, i KNOW are over £100, so you're way off!

May i ask what Nevergreen and Captain Carlin are doing to help the situation?

OR are they people that come up with idea's and don't follow them up? And would rather let other people do them?

Please, let me know :dance:

Glad to see your selling all those old programmes i donated. Shocked
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Every little helps.

Where are you on matchdays Nevergreen?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Captain Carlin and nevergreen you are both well out of order to be fair, the guy's in the shop are doing really well and probably the best the shop has ever been. Do either of you know the facts? no! They made that £600 on a night that saw a poor turn out yet through pride and tenacity they sold (in fact at some games the shop is full and you cant get in), the race night has nothing to do with the shop yet they have done there bit and the advert stand faces you as you walk in(you can't miss it).You will find if you could be bothered to look that you have a family that have no ties to Redditch and only stumbled across Redditch United by accident given there absolute all to the club, spending there time and money to ensure the Shop runs at its full potential (in actual fact the suppliers can't keep up). There seems to be a bit of resentment to new faces trying the're damn hardest for the club from people who have been apparently doing there bit for the last 200 years, maybe that's why attempts at getting new people in the past as failed.All the same crap ideas that never work, we new faces have been knocked but you can thank us for the youtube channel, the face book (which has more than 25 accounts), this new forum (that was a bad idea apparently), the club shop running as fantastic as it is right now,clearing the snow to get the Worcester Game on (which gained us a valuable point), also mopping the flood out of the changing rooms and providing the heaters to dry out all the changing rooms so games could go ahead.
And finally most of the NEW FACES can be seen in cedar road singing there hearts out (+ losing there voices) every home game and most away games where the same 9 to 15 people will sing even when we are losing (9-0 ring any bells?), so knock all you like we're staying and we will do all we can for the club and to WELCOME NEW FACES.

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 pm

People who were involved in the past should try to see the positives in what the supporters are trying to do now, not judge people on their allegiances but on the sentiment of their entirely voluntary actions.

People who are involved now, accept and expect criticism, a lot of people have put a lot in over the years, just because they can't/don't/won't now doesn't mean they shouyld be dismissed as moaners, and if TRUST is to work you can't afford to alienate people, any people.

I've never known a club with such a small fanbase be so divided, no wonder the likes of Cremin have always got away with what they have...
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Redjeff wrote:Captain Carlin and nevergreen you are both well out of order to be fair, the guy's in the shop are doing really well and probably the best the shop has ever been. Do either of you know the facts? no! They made that £600 on a night that saw a poor turn out yet through pride and tenacity they sold (in fact at some games the shop is full and you cant get in), the race night has nothing to do with the shop yet they have done there bit and the advert stand faces you as you walk in(you can't miss it).You will find if you could be bothered to look that you have a family that have no ties to Redditch and only stumbled across Redditch United by accident given there absolute all to the club, spending there time and money to ensure the Shop runs at its full potential (in actual fact the suppliers can't keep up). There seems to be a bit of resentment to new faces trying the're damn hardest for the club from people who have been apparently doing there bit for the last 200 years, maybe that's why attempts at getting new people in the past as failed.All the same crap ideas that never work, we new faces have been knocked but you can thank us for the youtube channel, the face book (which has more than 25 accounts), this new forum (that was a bad idea apparently), the club shop running as fantastic as it is right now,clearing the snow to get the Worcester Game on (which gained us a valuable point), also mopping the flood out of the changing rooms and providing the heaters to dry out all the changing rooms so games could go ahead.
And finally most of the NEW FACES can be seen in cedar road singing there hearts out (+ losing there voices) every home game and most away games where the same 9 to 15 people will sing even when we are losing (9-0 ring any bells?), so knock all you like we're staying and we will do all we can for the club and to WELCOME NEW FACES.

Crying with laughter
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 pm

fingers wrote:People who were involved in the past should try to see the positives in what the supporters are trying to do now, not judge people on their allegiances but on the sentiment of their entirely voluntary actions.

People who are involved now, accept and expect criticism, a lot of people have put a lot in over the years, just because they can't/don't/won't now doesn't mean they shouyld be dismissed as moaners, and if TRUST is to work you can't afford to alienate people, any people.

I've never known a club with such a small fanbase be so divided, no wonder the likes of Cremin have always got away with what they have...

how dare you! wanker

nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 pm

I didn't say they were moaners, i'm sure they put alot of hard work into the club Point and laugh
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:52 pm

A good spicy thread!
To think it started with a suggestion the club should sell the event better!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:54 pm

nevergreen wrote:
fingers wrote:People who were involved in the past should try to see the positives in what the supporters are trying to do now, not judge people on their allegiances but on the sentiment of their entirely voluntary actions.

how dare you! wanker

That's my point and you just proved it !

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Jeff, you are a legend Cup
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Nevergreen I suggest that YOU speak to Kimbo, He will tell YOU exactly how much the club makes each home game Mad Mad
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Redjeff wrote:
nevergreen wrote:

how dare you! wanker

That's my point and you just proved it !

??? you've lost me ??? Bow down
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Fingers has got it spot on. I get racked off immensly when I see posts bemoaning the current hard working folk who put alot of hours into the club & TRUST. I suppose those involved in the old supporters club felt the same when they were the ones clearing the pitch, running the shop etc...without much help. This time last year there was no club shop.There was no TRUST( yes, you can take that both ways). We are well on the way to raising the £5000.00 we set out to at the start of the season.The 'old guard' did great things for this club, we know that.
They can again,if circumstances change, and they all come back..that's when the Cedar Rd will really be buzzing.
Until then can we all try and work together!!!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:07 pm

in2thevalley wrote:Nevergreen I suggest that YOU speak to Kimbo, He will tell YOU exactly how much the club makes each home game Mad Mad

where will i find this KIMBO you speak off??
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next