Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing Football...

+4
Leethall
del boy
redditch born
rawlings09
8 posters

Go down

Would you rather watch

Playing Football... Vote_lcap20%Playing Football... Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Playing Football... Vote_lcap80%Playing Football... Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 10

Playing Football... Empty Playing Football...

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:12 am

Would you rather watch us lose 1-0 every week playing football, or win 1-0 every week with hoofball?

I'd rather see us win every week playing hoofball... winning games gets you up the league, losing games... which we've lost plenty, has a bad effect throughout the club, hence the small crowd vs Chesham.

Pretty football is nice if you can play it, for some reason, we can't... well we can but only on an even, flat 3g surface... why? If you can pass a ball 10 yards on a 3g, why can't you do it on a bobbly pitch? Surely players should know that there's a chance it will bobble up...

Thoughts?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Playing Football... Empty Re: Playing Football...

Post  redditch born Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:14 am

Prawn sandwiches or egg & chips?
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 am

rawlings09 wrote:

Pretty football is nice if you can play it, for some reason, we can't... well we can but only on an even, flat 3g surface... why? If you can pass a ball 10 yards on a 3g, why can't you do it on a bobbly pitch? Surely players should know that there's a chance it will bobble up...

Thoughts?

Are you being serious?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:28 pm

del boy wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

Thoughts?

Are you being serious?

Wink If you can play football on our pitch, you can play on anything, it jut seems our players don't even try... hence the hoofball, also, other teams have no problem passing on it...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:40 pm

rawlings09 wrote:
del boy wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

Thoughts?

Are you being serious?

Wink If you can play football on our pitch, you can play on anything, it jut seems our players don't even try... hence the hoofball, also, other teams have no problem passing on it...

True but I don't believe our players are asked to play football. I also believe that a majority of teams try and play football, there are others that play direct and there are others who can mix and match and adapt to different pitches, opposition and conditions. I am afraid that we are pretty one dimensional and need to work on adapting to these elements better. We did on Saturday with the change at half time bringing on Jimmy De Hill but I would have done that after about 10 minutes! Or changed how we approached the game by trying to pass it. Unfortunately our full backs are not comfortable playing in this manner as they do not have genuine wide sided wingers.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Always find it strange whenever hoofball v football is debated, hoofball gets you wins and football can't.
Why is the option play hoofball and win 1 nil or play football and lose 1 nil?
I don't see too many reports of the free flowing football Redditch play, but we still aren't winning enough games by playing hoofball.

Who would rather watch Redditch play good football and win quite a few games, or play hoofball and not win many?

If players can't control a ball, look up and pass a ball, then why are they at the club taking a wage instead of players who can.

Get players in who can play.
Coach the team to play football
Entertain the crowd
Let the players enjoy playing football
By doing this will not mean we will try and fail. You can play football AND win games... It doesn't have to be one or the other
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Leethall I sometimes wonder if you have got a clue what your on about? As I said at the start of the season players at Redditch are very avarage at best! Can still remember being shot down about warmer!! ( no doubt your look at the old posts) you want your type of football don't look at the pitch look at the players, been lots of teams who have been to the valley this year who have played some nice stuff-. I for one like a more direct stye of play stoke city, Wimbledon and if your lacking on ability like we are its a great leverler. Blood and gutts!!! Not that gay stuff you like open your eyes mate you might realize gay football is for puffs xxxx
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 am

redditch born wrote:Leethall I sometimes wonder if you have got a clue what your on about? As I said at the start of the season players at Redditch are very avarage at best! Can still remember being shot down about warmer!! ( no doubt your look at the old posts) you want your type of football don't look at the pitch look at the players, been lots of teams who have been to the valley this year who have played some nice stuff-. I for one like a more direct stye of play stoke city, Wimbledon and if your lacking on ability like we are its a great leverler. Blood and gutts!!! Not that gay stuff you like open your eyes mate you might realize gay football is for puffs xxxx
+1

It is good to have a mix of nice football and direct football though.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am

redditch born wrote:Leethall I sometimes wonder if you have got a clue what your on about? As I said at the start of the season players at Redditch are very avarage at best! Can still remember being shot down about warmer!! ( no doubt your look at the old posts) you want your type of football don't look at the pitch look at the players, been lots of teams who have been to the valley this year who have played some nice stuff-. I for one like a more direct stye of play stoke city, Wimbledon and if your lacking on ability like we are its a great leverler. Blood and gutts!!! Not that gay stuff you like open your eyes mate you might realize gay football is for puffs xxxx

Of course I have a clue what I am on about. I just stated in the above that the players don't appear to be asked to play football, or maybe the players can't play football so go direct. Read above and I have stated that teams have played good football. If hoofball is for you then fair play, I would rather watch football and agree with Rowley.

I can't be arsed to go back over every single discussion about this season but I agree that we have a lot of average players. I also am not in the club that thinks Warmer is a superstar (no doubt you'll look at the old posts).

Yep football is a contact sport, I have no problem with tackles being put in that are honest and fair. Good old blood and guts is perfectly acceptable by me and is a given when you go out on the pitch.

In the above I have stated that you have to be able to adapt to the conditions and side you are playing. Here's me wondering if you have a clue what you are going on about be Rolling Eyes
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:58 am

Don't believe every thing Rowly writes on here, when he played there was nothing he liked more than the ball being lumped up to him! Very Happy
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 pm

And shouldn't it be gay football and losing 1.0 or blood and guts and winning 1.0 ?
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Very odd poll this one, I voted to win 1-0 every week rather than lose 1-0 every week Rolling Eyes
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:27 am

allotmentender wrote:Very odd poll this one, I voted to win 1-0 every week rather than lose 1-0 every week Rolling Eyes

Same here, it's a no-brainer.

Mind you, I don't actually go to games, so I don't care in the slightest how they play, it all looks the same on Twitter.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 am

In our current postion in the league, if we have to play "ugly football " and win i.e "hoofball" then so be it. Yes the purists may shake their head in disgust, but the fact of the matter is that we are periously close to the drop zone and games are running out.

If it means we do have to go for the "hoofball" campaign to stay in this division then go for it. A win is a win and in the papers the results will say we won and we have 3 points.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:52 am

redditch born wrote:Don't believe every thing Rowly writes on here, when he played there was nothing he liked more than the ball being lumped up to him! Very Happy

Laughing, second that mate!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down