Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next season?

+5
ted striker
fingers
ROWLY1971
Leethall
Bob Marley
9 posters

Go down

Next season? Empty Next season?

Post  Bob Marley Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 pm

What players would you keep?

For me we need a new keeper, left back and centre forward.....any views?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Next season? Empty Re: Next season?

Post  Leethall Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Personally we need a right back, a left back, a creative centre midfielder and 2 strikers minimum. The latter requires money to be spent on a proven striker but above all it requires the mgt team to drop this hoofball style with Deabill playing up front on his own.

The apparent scout being paid needs to be sacked off and somebody who knows the area and league employeed as the recruitment of players has been average at best this season.

I would also look at getting in somebody with the experience of Southern Prem or higher league football to work with Grahm & Curly. Having a manger who is learning non league football assisted by a person who has only experience at Step 5 is not the way forward. Curly and a further person recruited.

Oh and the pitch sorted Wink
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:36 pm

1st new signing should be by Swan not Hyde and should be a manager not a player.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:32 pm

While you may turn out to be right Rowly, I think Hyde has done enough to deserve a full season in charge.

The jury is still out, but he certainly deserves a crack at it.

Sockett and Smith may have deserved better, but two wrongs don't make a right - Hyde deserves his chance.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 pm

I think most would agree Redhead too deserved better treatment, so do 3 wrongs make a right? I think if you look at Hydes season overall and what he has got from it, his time should be up in close season. It won't be though and I shall still support and wish RUFC all the best
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:I think most would agree Redhead too deserved better treatment, so do 3 wrongs make a right? I think if you look at Hydes season overall and what he has got from it, his time should be up in close season. It won't be though and I shall still support and wish RUFC all the best
I agree that Simon Redhead was never given a chance to demonstrate what he could do in a normal (i.e. non-zero budget) situation, and Sockett and Smith should either have been given longer in post, or never appointed in the first place, and I don't really have a view on which is the case, having seen so few games this season. Looking back at those sackings, and the Hyde/Fenemore mess, it suggests to me that Hyde's time might be short.

That said, I haven't considered whether Hyde was influential in those decisions, as some have suggested, and if that is the case, then it could indicate that Chris Swan would be more inclined to give Hyde a longer run in the hotseat, as in that scenario Swan has time, money and a certain amount of emotional investment. And for what it's worth, I think that Hyde should be retained as manager until at least Christmas, not because I've seen enough to convince me of his worth (as I said before, I've been to so few games that I haven't formed any opinion on that score), but because I think that stability is required in the managerial position and we've had precious little of that since Gary Whild left.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 am

A left back. A goal scorer. A 4-4-2 formation. Let Hydey have a pre season, get his targets in ( don't come back with lack of contacts...I have no contacts yet the club signed a player I recommended this season) . Maybe look at the number 2 ( not right back..Leethall, don't agree!!!) Stringfellow has been totally consitant, and if he is allowed to push on, as he showed with that brilliant cross for Jimmy to miss the header vs Oxford he'll be a real asset. Stability is what we need.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:01 am

I thought Curly was supposed to be our scout? If not can someone tell me his role at the club?
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:02 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:I thought Curly was supposed to be our scout? If not can someone tell me his role at the club?

Are you serious mate? He is Assistant Manager!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 am

Ah, seriously didn't know that. I thought he was a scout! Laughing
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Ah, seriously didn't know that. I thought he was a scout! Laughing

He may do both mate Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 am

Leethall wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Ah, seriously didn't know that. I thought he was a scout! Laughing

he has never been a scout, although i did hear he was in the cubs for a while. Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 am

in2thevalley wrote:
Leethall wrote:

he has never been a scout, although i did hear he was in the cubs for a while. Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Why do we need two new full backs? Tes has been one of our better players this season and Stringfellow provies stability. Joey Halsall needs to go, he makes too many mistakes and doesn't contribute enough. Hyde needs to bring in a creative midfielder to play with Tommy and so needs a scout with experience at this level. Jimmy is a good player and doesn't need to be replaced, but he needs a strike partner. Hyde has missed a trick by having Jimmy up front on his own as he needs to play by a striker who is quick and skillfull a.ka. Luke Benbow. To keep Kyle Knott is a must, he provides back - up across defence and midfield. To keep the Hendries would be a luxury - an unlikley one on that - but if we could it would mean that we only need a new back up winger - Moses - Garvey doesn't do it for any of us. Lee Osborne needs to be used more as he seems to be given a lot of space and isn't utilised. Hickman and Grimes must stay, they have been our best players this season. Although Coleman makes mistakes he is a good keeper. He shouldn't be let go until we have a replacement lined up ; nobody wants it to end up like last season with about 300 different keepers. It would be nice to keep Bedford, Adkins and Forde but none are a must aslong as we get decent back -up. Joe Hull is yet to impress me and will never be good enough to be put in the same sentence as Hickman and Grimes.

As the manager situation is concerned is will not do us to have our seventh man in charge in just over two years. The fact that he is a big name must attract some players in. The only way we will keep the nucleus of this team together is with him and charge and so he must stay. Simples.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down