Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

budget for next season

+7
Mr Bonehead
fingers
Bob Marley
del boy
rawlings09
Leethall
alottmentender
11 posters

Go down

budget for next season Empty budget for next season

Post  alottmentender Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 am

what will happen next season if chris swan keeps the budget the same next season based on crowd level?.
i think if he keeps the budget the same then we will be in the same predicament as this year fighting for survival in this division unless we can find good quality players from lower leagues. i think we will need a new keeper,a good midfielder and a goal scorer but from where on the money that will be availableis going to be hard.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

budget for next season Empty Re: budget for next season

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:56 am

alottmentender wrote:what will happen next season if chris swan keeps the budget the same next season based on crowd level?.
i think if he keeps the budget the same then we will be in the same predicament as this year fighting for survival in this division unless we can find good quality players from lower leagues. i think we will need a new keeper,a good midfielder and a goal scorer but from where on the money that will be availableis going to be hard.

I believe that the budget may have well been topped up by Mr Swan and not purely based on crowds alone! 247 is the average with 1 game to go.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:49 am

If the budget stays the same, we'll be in exactly the same position next year... if our crowds don't increase, i feel this could be the case. Sad
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:13 am

rawlings09 wrote:If the budget stays the same, we'll be in exactly the same position next year... if our crowds don't increase, i feel this could be the case. Sad

Our budget will be significantly higher than Arseley, Hemel, Ciro, Evesham, Swindon, Banbury etc so you think that this will be acceptable from the on pitch performances?

I think we all know that the crowds will not increase unless we are winning or if we get promoted.

If we were in BSN next season then we could potentially have games against Halifax, Chester, FCUM, Nuneaton, Worcester, Boston etc which would mean the 250 going a 380 average.

Next season we will be joined by St Neots and Bideford. Solihoof/Stinckley if relegated they will join us so there will be little improvement on crowds unless clubs are moved across from the Evostick to accommodate Eastwood and another BSN relegated team.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Budget wise, there are two ways for the club to go.

1) Live within its means and only pay what it can currently afford to. For me, this is a long term, prudent and patient approach to take. With this strategy, attendances will never increase for the foreseeable future, and our league performances will be pretty much what we have seen this season. For the playing budget to improve, it will need non match day revenues to increase, e.g. function room hire, revenues from a 3G pitch etc. As I’ve said on here, I’m sceptical of the new Café idea…but I genuinely hope that I’m proved wrong and it becomes a big success. It’s non-match day revenue that is so vitally important to any football club. When non-match day revenue improves, then the budget can improve. Maybe then, things on the pitch will get better and crowds will gradually improve.

Crowds, and in turn, match day income, will never improve if we only continue to see what we have seen so far this season. That is why non match day revenues are so important for the club to grow, albeit very slowly.

2) The ‘speculate to accumulate approach’. The ‘Lee Hendrie effect’ has probably caused a spike in wages, but also an increase in attendances, interest in the club, good form, league table position etc. It’s a riskier long term strategy, but one that can have an immediate improvement. The 5 year plan for reaching The Conference National will never, ever happen unless the Swans take a risk.

In reality, I don’t think the club has lived within its means this season. If we had, we’d have been relegated by now. If I had to guess, we are not yet self sustainable, Mr. Swan has topped up the budget without being reckless.

Unfortunately, many football fans have high expectations, little patience and short memories etc. Sadly, a self sustainable football club rarely allows success and genuine growth. It’s a shitty reality, but reality it is.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:18 pm

You are 100% right Del.

I am sure Mr Swan has met his commitment from his introduction, to subsidise any shortfall in revenue...but carefully.

You know my feelings about 'speculate to accumulate'...that is why you never see a poor bookmaker.

Patience is key.

No overspending on what is not required (matchday travel, allowing supproters to travel with the team helping with expense etc).
It used to kill me when I drove to away matches and saw the executive coach parked outside...not required.

If 100 supporters got together and put $10 a month into a strikers pot...we could go and get a 20 goal a season machine.
Now to find 100 supporters who can afford to do it...not so easy.

Nothing is easy...but throwing Mr Swan's money on his behalf, is not the solution IMO.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:28 am

del boy wrote:Budget wise, there are two ways for the club to go.

1) Live within its means and only pay what it can currently afford to. For me, this is a long term, prudent and patient approach to take. With this strategy, attendances will never increase for the foreseeable future, and our league performances will be pretty much what we have seen this season. For the playing budget to improve, it will need non match day revenues to increase, e.g. function room hire, revenues from a 3G pitch etc. As I’ve said on here, I’m sceptical of the new Café idea…but I genuinely hope that I’m proved wrong and it becomes a big success. It’s non-match day revenue that is so vitally important to any football club. When non-match day revenue improves, then the budget can improve. Maybe then, things on the pitch will get better and crowds will gradually improve.

Crowds, and in turn, match day income, will never improve if we only continue to see what we have seen so far this season. That is why non match day revenues are so important for the club to grow, albeit very slowly.

2) The ‘speculate to accumulate approach’. The ‘Lee Hendrie effect’ has probably caused a spike in wages, but also an increase in attendances, interest in the club, good form, league table position etc. It’s a riskier long term strategy, but one that can have an immediate improvement. The 5 year plan for reaching The Conference National will never, ever happen unless the Swans take a risk.

In reality, I don’t think the club has lived within its means this season. If we had, we’d have been relegated by now. If I had to guess, we are not yet self sustainable, Mr. Swan has topped up the budget without being reckless.

Unfortunately, many football fans have high expectations, little patience and short memories etc. Sadly, a self sustainable football club rarely allows success and genuine growth. It’s a shitty reality, but reality it is.

Spot on mate - the most stable football clubs are still subsidised, generally by a group of people rather than one man, and that would be my biggest concern at Redditch - one of a group walks away, you cut the budget a bit - a one man board walks away, you're screwed.

People will point to the last board (Steve Rossiter et al) not working out, but I think that is down to it not being lead by someone who is Redditch through and through, not just about the club, but someone who has a strong emotional and working link to the town.

I've looked at the clubs down here since I moved and wondered why their boards work in a way that they never have at Redditch and it is generally, I think, because the guy with the most, but not all of the money isn't the same bloke who has been with the club man and boy.

Now before the pro-club brigade jump on my back, I'm not criticising Mr Swan and I am not saying Reds are worse off for not having this kind of board in place, but my view has always been that one man owning a club seldom turns out to be a good thing, hence my guarded optimism.

No one could make the Reds more sustainable or more stable than the Swan's - I just wonder how long they will prop up the finances for and what will happen if they were to walk away.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 am

Leethall wrote:Our budget will be significantly higher than Arseley, Hemel, Ciro, Evesham, Swindon, Banbury etc

Really?

I agree that Redditch should be higher with what they are meant to have spent this season, but I also think you'd be shocked at what one or two of those clubs spend themselves.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 pm

The problem with this debate is how many us know a difinitive figure with regard to our budget and that of other teams in this division? It all seems to be wild speculation fuelled by various forums and message boards.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:18 pm

You are right Bonehead.

I think we know our budget but not of other teams.
My guy at Lem told me 3k for them this season....looking at the players they have, about right.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:The problem with this debate is how many us know a difinitive figure with regard to our budget and that of other teams in this division? It all seems to be wild speculation fuelled by various forums and message boards.

Not always mate.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:11 pm

I think Leethall gets his figures from the Conf North forum, the one that told him that drums are tinpot so that's what he preaches, even though we all know they are ace cheers
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm

porrohman wrote:I think Leethall gets his figures from the Conf North forum, the one that told him that drums are tinpot so that's what he preaches, even though we all know they are ace cheers

I don't go on the Conf North board and I think it's tin pot Wink
Maybe I just prefer the old skool terrace culture (all 3 years of it that I remember!), that doesn't mean anyone can p*ss down the back of my shoes during the game Tut

Either way I plan to drown out that drum vocally tomorrow.

Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 pm

I don't go on the Conf North board and I think it's tin pot Wink
Maybe I just prefer the old skool terrace culture (all 3 years of it that I remember!), that doesn't mean anyone can p*ss down the back of my shoes during the game Tut

Either way I plan to drown out that drum vocally tomorrow.

[/quote]

thats because your up leethal's #*#* Banana sex

Drum rules Smile
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:01 pm

fingers wrote:
del boy wrote:Budget wise, there are two ways for the club to go.

Spot on mate - the most stable football clubs are still subsidised, generally by a group of people rather than one man, and that would be my biggest concern at Redditch - one of a group walks away, you cut the budget a bit - a one man board walks away, you're screwed.

People will point to the last board (Steve Rossiter et al) not working out, but I think that is down to it not being lead by someone who is Redditch through and through, not just about the club, but someone who has a strong emotional and working link to the town.

I've looked at the clubs down here since I moved and wondered why their boards work in a way that they never have at Redditch and it is generally, I think, because the guy with the most, but not all of the money isn't the same bloke who has been with the club man and boy.

Now before the pro-club brigade jump on my back, I'm not criticising Mr Swan and I am not saying Reds are worse off for not having this kind of board in place, but my view has always been that one man owning a club seldom turns out to be a good thing, hence my guarded optimism.

No one could make the Reds more sustainable or more stable than the Swan's - I just wonder how long they will prop up the finances for and what will happen if they were to walk away.

If you look at the fan run clubs (Chester, Telford, FCUM) it is clear what a good working model is.
I didn't see a host of potential investors when the club was on it's knees...so we are where we are and we have to make the most of it.

What is clear is that we have a Chairman and family that are committed, passionate, approachable and want to do the best for RUFC.
Oh...and a debt free club.

The energy about sponsors, 3G pitches, apprentices, community projects, hospital visits, functions, events etc etc are what we fans have been saying for years...now it is a reality.

The club is moving in the right direction. cheers

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Bob Marley wrote:If you look at the fan run clubs (Chester, Telford, FCUM) it is clear what a good working model is.
I didn't see a host of potential investors when the club was on it's knees...so we are where we are and we have to make the most of it.

What is clear is that we have a Chairman and family that are committed, passionate, approachable and want to do the best for RUFC.

The energy about sponsors, 3G pitches, apprentices, community projects, hospital visits, functions, events etc etc are what we fans have been saying for years...now it is a reality.

Let's hope you're right Bob... Time will tell.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 pm

fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:If you look at the fan run clubs (Chester, Telford, FCUM) it is clear what a good working model is.

It's not really a question who is right or wrong....the point is we have a club and it has zero debt, players are paid every week and it is building from within.

That is so different from recent times.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:46 am

Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:

It's not really a question who is right or wrong....the point is we have a club and it has zero debt, players are paid every week and it is building from within.

That is so different from recent times.

Exactly Steve. if Chris hadn't come in when he did, we would not be having these conversations about the budget would we? The fact we have got a team playing football this seson is satisfaction in itself......
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 am

fingers wrote:
Leethall wrote:Our budget will be significantly higher than Arseley, Hemel, Ciro, Evesham, Swindon, Banbury etc

Really?

I agree that Redditch should be higher with what they are meant to have spent this season, but I also think you'd be shocked at what one or two of those clubs spend themselves.

IMO fella and knowing people at various clubs so could be wrong. It is the same when you talk to such and such here and they say this and that.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:33 am

porrohman wrote:I think Leethall gets his figures from the Conf North forum, the one that told him that drums are tinpot so that's what he preaches, even though we all know they are ace cheers

Sleep

Stick to egg chasing mate Wink
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down