Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work to the The Hill

+5
rawlings09
alottmentender
del boy
Bob Marley
RUFC
9 posters

Go down

Work to the The Hill Empty Work to the The Hill

Post  RUFC Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:56 am

We are pleased to announce that finally we are getting the work to the Hill done and this started today, the work will consist of new high curbs(to stop verge parking), complete resurfacing, speed calming at the bottom of the hill and then we will be putting a barrier at the bottom to stop people using the car park out of hours. Please be aware that double yellow lines will be painted all the way down the hill and will be enforced by Traffic wardens including match days.

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Work to the The Hill Empty Re: Work to the The Hill

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 am

I have to say our written communication continues to be very poor.

What should be a very positive message includes the word 'STOP' twice...the word 'BARRIER'...the word 'AWARE' and the warning of 'TRAFFIC WARDENS'

WTF?

I thought we are supposed to be encouraging fans to the club? The message comes across like we are building a PRISON! Mad

Needs to improve.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:34 am

A bit harsh Bob, although the statement could have included the expected benefits of the work.

I’d like to know why this is being done? Is it with a view to using the car park for town centre users during the week?

I understand the resurfacing and traffic calming, fair enough. But why the high curb and the yellow lines? Other than aesthetics, I’ve never found parking on the hill to be a real problem. That said, it isn’t ideal if two cars are trying to pass each other just before or just after the game. In that respect, this will be much better.

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter. If people don’t want to pay to use the main car park, just park on Cedar Road. It’s free and convenient and there is always loads of space. Simple.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:33 pm

i can understand the work being done must be rally hard if and when there have been the need for an ambulance to get down at times and could cause the death of someone which none of us would want and as its been said cedar road is easy to get to and from when you have been to a game.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 am

Bob... he'd have done well to describe the work done to the hill without using those words?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 am

Is this the precursor to raising the cost of parking on matchdays and to make sure that the fans have to pay to park at the ground? Personally I stopped parking at the ground when they introduced the first charge! Sorry but this is not the way to encourage the casual fan!
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:14 pm

The Highways Authority for Redditch is Worcestershire County Council, who have delegated enforcement of parking issues within the Borough of Redditch to Redditch Borough Council since the decriminalisation of parking offences in 2009 (under the Traffic Management Act 2004) (see link).

According to Worcestershire County Council's Geographic Information System (you'll need to zoom and recentre the map), the road leading from Bromsgrove Road down to the stadium is neither a public highway nor a public right of way, and therefore it cannot be subject to a Traffic Regulation Order, so local authority parking enforcement officers will have no powers to take action against any vehicle parked there, and any yellow lines or other road markings will be unenforceable.

Rules FAIL Rules FAIL Rules FAIL Rules FAIL Rules FAIL Rules FAIL Rules FAIL Rules FAIL Rules FAIL

I used to deal with highways issues relating to parking, machinery and skip permits in my last job, in case you're wondering. If you've ever been to the Docklands development in London, and wondered about all the red lines and "red route" signs, it's all bollocks - it's privately-owned land with private parking enforcement.

So, RUFC: who will be responsible for enforcing the parking on the hill?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Cow-eye armed with post-it notes
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:50 pm

arsene wrote:Is this the precursor to raising the cost of parking on matchdays and to make sure that the fans have to pay to park at the ground? Personally I stopped parking at the ground when they introduced the first charge! Sorry but this is not the way to encourage the casual fan!

^^^^^^ This. I will not pay to park at the ground so will park at my old mans Senile
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  RUFC Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 am

Firstly sorry to those who felt that this was written in a negative manner, I only got a B in english Embarassed
Some of you may know that historically the club as tried for years to get something done with the hill only to keep hitting the ownership brick wall, we have persisted with this and because of this we now know that RBC own the road and was part of the corporations new town development although the paper work had got lost somewhere along the line. RBC had applied for a grant to pay for the work that is being done, unfortunately this money won't stretch to lighting but as a club we will keep trying to get this done.
There are many reasons for this work to be done, re surfacing will be done to get the levels right and to remove pot holes, High curbs installed to help prevent people churning the grass verges up which intern prevents the grass being cut and looking unsightly to all visitors to the club, Traffic calming to slow traffic down as there is a children's play park and a public right of way that crosses at the bottom of the hill, The Barrier (gate) (will be fitted at a later date) this is solely to protect our land and property Bob and not designed to turn the valley into a prison. recently we have suffered a lot of damage to both the car park and property within the ground including to the pitch and small snack wagon, the car park is also now used for drug dealing and other x rated pass times. I am sure you would agree bob that this is not nice for our Private Guests and Youth Teams to witness, it also has a huge impact on our finances.
During the week we have a real problem with parking right at the top of the hill and either side of the entrance to the play park, this has resulted in a child being almost hit at speed and a collision involving a car and mini bus full of mixed YMCA and RUFC holiday football camp kids. We have had problems getting deliveries and on occasions away team coaches have struggled to get in and out of the ground which does not look good on the club or the town, our biggest fear (not just on match days) is that emergency services have trouble getting to us.
We therefore asked the council if it was possible to put lines at the top of the hill and by the play park even though we thought they could not be enforced (we have been told by the council that they can and will be enforced so I would advise people not to risk it based on unofficial opinions on here and to check with the council if you have doubts about the legality), the council has decided to put them all the way down which we feel is a good idea as there are public entrances all the way down the hill.
This is in NO way an attempt to force people to park on our car park during match days and it is NOT a pre cursor to raising the charge to do so, in fact it will make no difference to our car park as we are limited to a certain number OF cars/coaches and is usually full before fans park on the Hill. There are plenty of free parking options around the valley including a public car park next to the hill and a limited amount of bays on cedar road, The pound to park is reasonable and pays for the up keep of the car park and virtually all clubs have a charge to park system with many being more than ours and has already paid for the ramp to be re surfaced.
If there are any more questions/queries on this we will be happy to answer them. UTR's

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:49 am

Very good reply. That covers just about everything! I'm sure it will be a big improvement when completed.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 am

Thank you RUFC.

The 2nd explanation is much better than the 1st.
Now I understand.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:48 am

Bob Marley wrote:Thank you RUFC.

The 2nd explanation is much better than the 1st.
Now I understand.

^^^^ This. Much more comprehensive response.

Oh and I agreed with BM but it is not football related!!! Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:08 am

RUFC wrote:(we have been told by the council that they can and will be enforced so I would advise people not to risk it based on unofficial opinions on here and to check with the council if you have doubts about the legality)

Yeah I'll give that a go. "Are your yellow lines legal?" "Yes." "Oh, alright then."

Spaz.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down