Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think?

3 posters

Go down

What do you think? Empty What do you think?

Post  in2thevalley Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:33 am

What are people's thoughts on the current squad? And are you confident that we could do well this season or do you think it may be another season of struggle?
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

What do you think? Empty Re: What do you think?

Post  mattim Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:46 am

One thing immediately noticeable about the squad is that with signings such as Wilding, Danks, Midworth, McDonald and one or two others we have a decent amount of experience in the side. The last two or three years we've been fielding teams of very keen, but inexperienced players.

They have done a great job and at times we have played some decent football but that lack of experience has been so apparent so many times. Who knows how we will do. Mark Danks could bag 25 goals and we could be play off contenders, or he might get injured and the other forwards struggle and we could be back down the table like last season.

On balance I believe we will start the season with a better squad than we have done for some time and on balance we should do better than the last two or three seasons. If things go well the next challenge is to get a few more of the residents of Redditch down to watch.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:06 am

I think with the more stable situation off the field combined with a more experienced squad for this level....we should be OK this season.

Mid-table come April would be great for me....but from the games that I saw last season, everyone can beat each other...so who really knows?

What we do have this term is experience and a proven goal scorer at this level....Redders has done a good job recruiting over the summer.

I am still not sure about the keeper....from early reports, the new guy seems a little nervous/over confident and although I think Jakey will be a great keeper in the future...we need a stable platform at the back.

Overall, really pleased....and with all the off field activities...looks very promising indeed.

Onwards & upwards.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum