Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch 0-0 Bedworth

+5
Leethall
in2thevalley
lewism5964
del boy
Tommo
9 posters

Go down

Redditch 0-0 Bedworth Empty Redditch 0-0 Bedworth

Post  Tommo Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

a little bit better tonight.
all im gonna say is super niall cooper, ive never said a bad word about him tongue

must mention bedworth fans what a great bunch telling a 15/16yr old female steward there gonna rape her Evil or Very Mad
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Redditch 0-0 Bedworth Empty Re: Redditch 0-0 Bedworth

Post  del boy Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 pm

If that was a "little bit better", I pity those who went last Saturday.

That truly was the most boring, coma-inducing 90 minutes of football I think I have ever seen. Apart from a tame shin roller from Danks in the second half, did we have another shot on goal? Bedworth didn't need a goalkeeper this evening.

I can't see myself being a regular this season if that's what will be on display. Life's too short.

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 pm

del boy wrote:If that was a "little bit better", I pity those who went last Saturday.

That truly was the most boring, coma-inducing 90 minutes of football I think I have ever seen. Apart from a tame shin roller from Danks in the second half, did we have another shot on goal? Bedworth didn't need a goalkeeper this evening.

I can't see myself being a regular this season if that's what will be on display. Life's too short.

Seriously, for how terrible tonight was, it was better than saturday.... and super niall cooper was a million times better. What a goalie Very Happy
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 am

I don't think we performed too badly to be honest. Yes realistically we want to see more chances created but I think after the Hitchin game and it being second game of the season we will get better once this new team gels together!

Have to say I think Connor Deards looked more dangerous through the middle than on the wing, he put a lot of pressure on their centre backs which the other strikers didn't seem to do often enough. Hope he gets a chance up front in future games.

I think the worst thing last night has to be the attendance, Tuesday night game or not 200 for first game of the season is shocking especially when Bedworth brought a fair amount of away fans. Hope this is a one off.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 am

Certainly am improvement from saturdays' performance. On the plus side: Cooper was outstanding, better communication with his defense, and a superb save. Passing was sharper and nice to see it played from the back instead of "hoof ball" Negative. no end product to the neat approach play. And what started out as friendly banter soon degenerated into sick filth from one or two opposition fans. Bang out of order and certainly not what the game needs. Tut Tut
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 am

It summed up the performance last night as I was walking out from a chap who said that performance was worse than anything he witnessed last season....

Also how do the club expect people to turn up when there is no updates on the squad, the admission prices and selling the new season.

It was finally good to see Cooper save a shot rather than letting it in through his legs/hands * delete as appropriate
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 am

A much better performance, Cooper was outstanding. I feel with stealing fellow back, asa playing well and Alex Hickman to come back and the keeper starting to look the part, we can be fairly solid at the back. It is up front where we are going to struggle, I've been told several times that Danks is a 25 goal a season player but I just don't see it, to me he looks far better in wide positions. But we desperately need a good old fashioned centre forward.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

Stringfellow not stealing fellow. Bloody predictive text! Looks like I went to same spelling class as into the valley! Very Happy
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 pm

I saw us play much worse last season.. what was it? 4-0 to frome? Then when we lost to all of the the teams that got relagated...

What's the problem? We played well, we drew, the crowd wasn't bad for a midweek, again, look back at last seaons midweeks! Cooper looked confident, good atmos... people are even finding the negatives out of the positives here!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

lewism5964 wrote:
I think the worst thing last night has to be the attendance, Tuesday night game or not 200 for first game of the season is shocking especially when Bedworth brought a fair amount of away fans. Hope this is a one off.

well the website is to busy advertising stourbridge' opening game with arseley to mention our home match with bedworth Sad
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:47 pm

rawlings09 wrote:I saw us play much worse last season.. what was it? 4-0 to frome? Then when we lost to all of the the teams that got relagated...

What's the problem?

For me, I'm not saying it was a bad performance, I'm saying it was a boring one!

Yes, I've seen far worse in terms of poor passing, bad movement, sloppy defending, bad goalkeeping etc.

And I agree with others, the keeper had a great game and impressed me. Indeed, I was wondering if it was a different keeper to the one that you've all been moaning about!!

My problem was with the distinct lack of action in the final 3rd. There was simply nothing to get excited about, it was just terribly boring to watch.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Redditch 0-0 Bedworth Empty the game

Post  iwasthere1982 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:24 am

i thought it was a real awkward game the ball was in the air more than on the floor so apart from danks thinking he could spank a wordly volley in we never really created any real chances.

keeper had a great game but we lack creativity need to get the forwards on the ball

iwasthere1982
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 am

oldtommo wrote:Stringfellow not stealing fellow. Bloody predictive text! Looks like I went to same spelling class as into the valley! Very Happy

While I will treat this comment with the contempt it deserves, I do agree that we need a finisher, If Jim Deabill was playing on tuesday evening, he would have scored for us. Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:51 am

10 out of 10 mate. I couldn't find 1 spelling mistake in that post. Oh and also for you comment re Mr Deabill, I couldn't agree more. We should go and find him, of only we knew precisely which massive hill he resides upon!!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Rawlings22 Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:32 pm

oldtommo wrote:10 out of 10 mate. I couldn't find 1 spelling mistake in that post. Oh and also for you comment re Mr Deabill, I couldn't agree more. We should go and find him, of only we knew precisely which massive hill he resides upon!!

well ask his sister Jill Laughing Very Happy
J.Rawlings22
J.Rawlings22
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Or maybe his Labrador.........Phil!!!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 am

Redditch could still be playing now and would not have scored. Deabill would not have even had a sniff.

Danks needs a partner, Aggy Doo is no good to be playing with Danks as they are to similar.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:42 am

Jim Deabill would have given us another outlet. We are not a big side physically and the addition of Jim upfront would shake things up a bit. Im certain he would have got on the end of the two crosses that went begging in the first half.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down