Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 0-0 Weymouth

4 posters

Go down

Reds 0-0 Weymouth Empty Reds 0-0 Weymouth

Post  in2thevalley Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:58 am

Came away from the game yesterday somewhat dis-appointed, that we didnt come away with all three points against a very ordinary Weymouth side.
On the positive side: Cooper in goal, another impressive performance. Stringy at right back, was superb MOTM in my opinion. Danks upfront was a constant threat all afternoon. Team performance: Lovely passing game, at times the one touch and inter play was excellent to see and did deserve more. And another clean sheet. and unbeaten in 4 games.

The negatives: Again no goals at the Valley. Midfield lacked cohesion and were out bossed by the opposition.

Onwards and upwards.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Reds 0-0 Weymouth Empty Re: Reds 0-0 Weymouth

Post  mattim Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:49 am

I can't comment in detail because I've only seen one game, at Banbury, but your description sounds exactly like the Banbury game. IMO for the budget we have, Simon, Asa and Kim have assembled a useful side but someone needs to start banging in some goals pretty soon.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Thought we looked good the 1st half though so did Weymouth. The second half was a non event really.

We need a striker to play with Danks, somebody like Berwick would be ideal. Bridgewater was shocking first half and was rightly taken off.

My MOM was Midworth who considering is a right back has impressed at centre back, Asa was also quality yesterday.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  tmorton90 Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Cresswell impressed me in the middle of the park, looked assured on the ball and made some decent passes.

It was nice to see us play through the midfield rather than lumping it from the defence to the centre forward (much as Weymouth did for 90% of the game).

tmorton90
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down