Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't want to be......

5 posters

Go down

I don't want to be...... Empty I don't want to be......

Post  arsene Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:06 pm

.....pessimistic (I've tried desperately to be optimistic this season!) but has anyone noticed that we are only just outside of the dreaded "R" places on goal difference. Yes, I know, there are only seven games gone but of those seven games five have been against teams that are currently in the bottom half of the table and the other two were against the teams lying in the bottom two places of the top half (if you follow my drift!).

Liike I say I'm desperately trying to be optimistic but it is becoming increasingly difficult to be so. I admit I have only seen five games this season - two home league games both 0-0, the 0-0 draw at Banbury, the FA Cup defeat and Tuesday's BSC game (Hooray, a Reds' goal at last!) but what I have seen has not filled mw with great hope. I t looks like being a long hard (and possibly unproductive) season.

Perhaps those who have seen more games than me have seen more signs of hope and if so they will no doubt tell me - probably quite forcibly! - but I must admit I personally fear for this season unless things change dramatically in the next few weeks.

Whatever happens I remain a loyal fan and will see you on Tuesday!!

A
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

I don't want to be...... Empty Re: I don't want to be......

Post  Bob Marley Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 am

I think it was always going to be a tough start...especially with the comings and goings over the summer.

The 'spine' of the team has been totally replaced and with new coaching staff etc....it does take time to settle and gel into any kind of system.

On the positives, the team do seem to be trying to play more football and from the highlights I've seen...are creating a bunch of chances....the reliance on Danks is a concern though.

I still think we have enough to finish top half...especially with the defenders coming back into contention.

Onwards and upwards.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:22 pm

It also may not have helped, being scheduled to play five of our first seven games away from home, including two of our longest trips of the season. That was always likely to make it harder to get off to a good start, and as del boy and others pointed out in another thread, the occasional fan will see the results in the paper and think "why should I bother going to see a losing team?" I don't understand how the league can justify asking a team to play so many away games so early in the season - it's simply unfair. But the Southern League has a track record of shitty scheduling over the last few seasons, so it doesn't come as any surprise.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:05 pm

I agree, the league fixture list for the start of the season has been tough. But ironically our best (only) performances have been away from home!!! And one could argue, that it's better to get some of the long distance fixtures out of the way while the weather is still good.

I haven’t seen any of the away games so can’t comment on those performances. I can only comment on what I’ve seen at The Valley; others will have a better, more balanced outlook than me. If the fixtures had been reversed, and we’d seen a couple of 3-2’s at The Valley, our outlooks could all be very different. That said, we’ve had home advantage in two cup competitions, but have been knocked out in both!

As for Bob M’s comments, yes we are at least trying to play some good football, but as for “creating a bunch of chances”, absolutely not!!!!!!! Not by any stretch of the imagination!

It’s been an awful start, without any good reason for optimism. But if we can string together two or three half decent results, then confidence will grow and the outlook will change. It’s a little too early to expect the worst. Give it until late November / early December and we’ll have a better idea on which way our season is heading. Unfortunately, casual fans won’t show this kind of patience.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:20 pm

I can't comment on the away games either but we have been average at home. Next up are Leamongton who are unbeaten in 20 games with Tom Berwick (remember him?) scoring regularly.

We have signed Jordan Fitzpatrick who played Saturday but are badly missing. Strike partner for Danksey. As usual the comms on incoming or outgoing players is poor and Whilding was not in the party on Sat so not sure if he has been released or was injured.

We need to pick some points up. Also talking about scheduling of fixtures Leamington at home on a Tue night is also a shocker, if this was a Sat you would likely get a minimum of at least 100 on the gate. Will be another average gate....
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down