Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch 3-1 Worcester City (aet)

5 posters

Go down

Redditch 3-1 Worcester City (aet) Empty Redditch 3-1 Worcester City (aet)

Post  lewism5964 Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Great result, thought we deserved the win even though we took a while to get going. Worcester were fairly poor and fair from the side I saw beat Weston in the FA Cup few weeks back. In a cup semi now, even if it is a tinpot cup.

Done a match report on tonights game if anyone fancies it. http://totalhoofball.blogspot.co.uk/

UTR
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Redditch 3-1 Worcester City (aet) Empty Re: Redditch 3-1 Worcester City (aet)

Post  Leethall Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:54 pm

lewism5964 wrote:Great result, thought we deserved the win even though we took a while to get going. Worcester were fairly poor and fair from the side I saw beat Weston in the FA Cup few weeks back. In a cup semi now, even if it is a tinpot cup.

Done a match report on tonights game if anyone fancies it. http://totalhoofball.blogspot.co.uk/

UTR

Top report mate. I would disagree with a few marks out of 10 you gave to 2 players. Flanagan I thought was brilliant alongside Hickman tonight, won a lot of headers and challenges against a decent Worcester front line. Mark Hands was once again quality throughout the game and won numerous headers and tackles in the middle of the part that allowed the likes of Deards, Cresswell and Richards to have more of a licence to get forward. He has been a superb signing and his 100% all round effort and will to win has ensured we have a strong spine and I think has rubbed off on the other players. Also he seems to have got his match fitness back and it is refreshing to see a local lad playing for his local team.

Joel Grandison is also starting to show some promise, if only he could have more self confidence and drive at goal more we could have more goals. He looks more of a treat up top and I thought that once him and Cresswell were playing through the middle with Deards on the right wing we looked more threatening. With Hendrie as well we could have some goals but I would like to see a target man if we are going to be a little more direct.

The keeper still worries me, he makes some top saves but is also liable for mistakes that are going to cost us. He is obviously a well thought keeper being at Tamworth and this experience is invaluable for him, as a club I would like to see us get a keeper in for the long term. Otherwise lets get Danny Lewis back Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:09 am

Good match report, one thing it did not mention was how fantastic it was to have three of our youth players step up from Reserves and under 21s Very Happy

kingfisher
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 am

kingfisher wrote:Good match report, one thing it did not mention was how fantastic it was to have three of our youth players step up from Reserves and under 21s Very Happy

Yes that is fantastic and we need to make the most of it publicity wise. Well done to those involved with the reserves, under 21's and all the 'other' Reddith United teams.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 am

Excellent report Lewis. A lot of positives on last night game. GRANDISON motm, looked dangerous all game and deserved his goals. HANDS excellent in the middle of the park, won many tackles, instrumental in all we did. HICKMAN good to see him back, steadying influence, good solid game.FLANAGAN good understanding with HICKMAN could be vital throughout the course of the season. THE TEAM , some lovely football played again.

WREN is a concern, good shot stopper of that there is no doubt, but another basic error for goal , however Im sure he will learn from this.

All in all a good performance watched by 141 supporters.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down